Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We should have the option to trade up with some kind of discount when the coloured tops become available later on.
Definitely adding back the 1895 or whatever to the cost, in my b&p summary section. Folks don't forget sales tax in your state and city (for those who haven't bought a vehicle in a while)

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The blue looks completely different in those pictures too. And the paint was uniform in color as far as I could tell when I saw them.
Thats why pictures are terrible to judge from. Camera settings, screen settings.... I've got pictures of a room that I painted from light blue to purple, half the 'finished' photos still look blue thanks to automatic white balance.

Most of us will likely go aftermarket, I'd imagine. I'm kinda glad the obx is painted handles and fenders; fewer mismatched parts.

I guess they could take it a step further and offer faded paint and a rusty frame. ?
Just wait until GM jumps on the "future is now" bandwagon -- every Chevy will come from the factory with the ABS Fault lamp illuminated.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top
Black plastic would actually be more UV resistant and, though it may fade, won't yellow.

The grey will still fade.

But also keep in mind that many of who don't mind the grey top aren't the ones making all the noise. I'm fairly confident that most people don't mind or don't care.

sscott87

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the fuss over the gray is comical. Some divas and drama queens making it out to be the end of the world. It’s a little different, *gasp* and some people simply don’t want anything remotely different.

Personally, I like it. Somewhat dependent on vehicle color choice, and granted, I like it more with painted mirrors/flairs/handles. But whatever, far from a deal breaker for me and shocked that it seemingly is that big a deal to so many. While I’m surprised by the fubar in not offering a painted top at release, this overreaction over the gray is comical.

Sponsored

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top
I kinda like the carbonised gray, i think it goes well with Cyber orange and Area 51 my colors of choice.

I saw black on Bronco sport with cyber orange and it kinda creates too much contrast, more than needed imo. I am ok with MIC top as long as i can add the sound deadening upgrade on badlands, as of now it does not let me add it, i also dont like the tan/brown that i am seeing in 360 degree view for the roof top. They better give dark gray or black. That Tan sucks big time.

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If that's the thinking it's pretty stupid. I have a garage & don't drive a whole lot. In 10 years it'd be just a black as at purchase. Same reason I don't buy pre-rusted cars.
If you don’t drive a whole lot then don’t buy the car lmao, give up ur reservation so I can come up a spot thanks

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don’t drive a whole lot then don’t buy the car lmao, give up ur reservation so I can come up a spot thanks
Probably if interior colors aren't addressed before order time.

Sponsored

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My theory is they chose to make a carbonized grey mic top because they expect Carbonized Grey may be the most popular color on the bronco when it hits the mass market so might as well make the top match it.