Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Says right in the article that the new "Bronco" will likely be a re-badged Everest. BOOOO!
https://blog.caranddriver.com/potential-ford-everest-raptor-could-pave-the-way-for-a-bronco-raptor/

But there will very likely be a raptor version . Yayyyy!

It had better be really kickass if it's not going to have styling ques from the EB.
If not, I'm all about the new Subaru Ascent coming out this summer. It fits my needs perfectly.
I was willing to overlook just about any shortcomings if it looked like an EB and had the trail ability and mod-ability of the Wrangler.
Damn.....
Sponsored

MattyIce

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
The Everest isn't a bad looking truck. I'm not digging the crossover theme but the new Cherokee grew on me. I don't think I'd personally get the Bronco at this point, but it isn't a bad looking car.

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
Ford will quickly learn a lesson if they haven't listened to the post on this site and others. I'm in wait and see mode but if the new Bronco is more like the rumors and less like what the people have told them that they want. I will not be buying one. That will be my BOTTOM LINE.

Bronco 21

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If that's what it looks like, I'm just buying another Jeep. RIP the Bronco

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The photo in the article is good looking IMO. It doesn't have the retro Bronco styling, but at least it isn't ugly. It looks a lot better than the Troller or the concept Bronco that I've seen in the past. Both of those are hideous IMO. And it isn't a Jeep copy either, which I think is good. I do prefer the original Bronco concept sketches that were on this site to this one, however. The power train options mentioned in the article definitely don't excite me with no V8 option mentioned. Who knows - maybe I should save my money up and get an original Bronco and an EFI conversion. I'd really prefer something modern, but if there are no longer going to be V8 options I might as well resign myself to that.

Sponsored

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
You know you can build an original early Bronco from scratch. All of the parts are available and there is a company that is doing it with current motor upgrades. This may be the path many of the die hard Bronco fans will have to go to get what we've been telling Ford we want! I feel very fortunate to have my 1972. I know if what Ford puts out is not true to its roots, I will not be buying one.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If that's what it looks like, I'm just buying another Jeep. RIP the Bronco
Exactly.

Rebadge Everest snoozebox is utter fail. There are enough boring boxes out there, especially from Ford, why put out another one? If that is the uninspired mess we get then there will NOT be a new Bronco in my driveway.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just had a horrible though. What if Ford (since they are using the Ranger platform) basically puts a full top on the Ranger body, and calls it a Bronco. Oh Lord, if they do that I'm just going to the local Jeep dealer.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just had a horrible though. What if Ford (since they are using the Ranger platform) basically puts a full top on the Ranger body, and calls it a Bronco. Oh Lord, if they do that I'm just going to the local Jeep dealer.
Says right in the article that the new "Bronco" will likely be a re-badged Everest. BOOOO!
https://blog.caranddriver.com/potential-ford-everest-raptor-could-pave-the-way-for-a-bronco-raptor/
Then Ford would be totally baiting/trolling the public with the covered Bronco teaser image that they've now published twice: BREAKING: 2020-21 Bronco Teased, 2 & 4 Doors / Hybrid Option Confirmed, Plus Baby Bronco

Because this Bronco shape definitely does not look like a Ranger or an Everest.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored