Sponsored

Definitive does ForScan unlock the output on rear speakers?

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this has been discussed on other vehicles as unlocking the output and I've read through numerous threads on here but have yet to see a definitive answer.

I'm looking to rip out the factory 4" pod in the back and put in these:

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections...rine-audio-enclosed-speaker-systems-vex-93413

However there is little to be gained if I can't get full volume out of those channels with the factory head unit. Otherwise I'm going to have to put in an amp.

Thank you,
Nate
Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this has been discussed on other vehicles as unlocking the output and I've read through numerous threads on here but have yet to see a definitive answer.

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections...rine-audio-enclosed-speaker-systems-vex-93413

However there is little to be gained if I can't get full volume out of those channels with the factory head unit. Otherwise I'm going to have to put in an amp.

Thank you,
Nate
Unless your looking to entertain at tailgates....and even still, that money could be better spent if you're looking to increase overall sound. I'm not sure, but confident that the rear chanels have a low frequency filter.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you,
Nate
It's not a volume throttling... It's a frequency filtering...
Absolutely no mid/low frequency reaching the rear.
And I'm looking for answers too!

OP
OP

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a volume throttling... It's a frequency filtering...
Absolutely no mid/low frequency reaching the rear.
And I'm looking for answers too!
Thank you... honestly I dont know why they put anything back there. I can't hear anything from them with the fader set in the middle.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you... honestly I dont know why they put anything back there. I can't hear anything from them with the fader set in the middle.
For the factory setup, I'd fade full front anyway.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In another thread @D2dhanover found a ForScan code that inferred it might do exactly what you ask. I was never able to test, but another user did and it clearly didn't help to his ears at least. I may still test out that code. Perhaps there is another one yet to be found as well, it does seem to me that the rear pods receive only some of the frequencies.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It takes 2 minutes of playing with either system to tell the rear pods have no low or mid signal. Don’t think this will be fixed simply with Forscan but one would hope.

Watch the Pickens party of 5 video where they installed a sub and amp. They tried to feed the amp from the rear pods for some reason, and of course got no low frequency feed. They had to tie the amp to the 6” kick panel speakers.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In another thread @D2dhanover found a ForScan code that inferred it might do exactly what you ask. I was never able to test, but another user did and it clearly didn't help to his ears at least. I may still test out that code. Perhaps there is another one yet to be found as well, it does seem to me that the rear pods receive only some of the frequencies.
That was me and here is my post about it for the OP's reference...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-audio-upgrade-and-forscan.28578/post-1040672

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...llation-and-programming-on-2021-bronco.21865/

Installing the factory option soundbar after delivery requires forscan settings to be changed. I assumed this was to change to sound input. Probably decreasing or eliminating the frequency cutoff due to the soundbar supporting a larger range of frequencies.

Find the dealer instructions that guy is using for installing the soundbar and this may have some answers for using other speakers.

Basically, changing it so the truck thinks the soundbar is hooked up.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...llation-and-programming-on-2021-bronco.21865/

Installing the factory option soundbar after delivery requires forscan settings to be changed. I assumed this was to change to sound input. Probably decreasing or eliminating the frequency cutoff due to the soundbar supporting a larger range of frequencies.

Find the dealer instructions that guy is using for installing the soundbar and this may have some answers for using other speakers.

Basically, changing it so the truck thinks the soundbar is hooked up.
Pretty sure that sound bar runs off Bluetooth.... No direct speaker wiring. Read that somewhere

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope, 0 Bluetooth involved. The JBL unit ONLY has speaker level inputs and is not a powered speaker.
Just going to step in here... Myself hadn't had the opportunity to hangout around the tailgate with some tunes, I'm sure its coming. Looked at the soundbar. With it installed the rear view mirror will be useless. I've given some thought to boat / marine speakers an adding an amp. I'm in a 2dr and have my face set just over 1/2 to the rear, sounds fine for the OB speakers. Forscan is on my list and any tweaking it can do, I'm in!!!

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thank you,
Nate
You will need to run an amp for those, it would be easier to get a line output converter with channel summing. I got a set of universal speaker pods to put my own speakers in, and spent less than $175 for the pods and speakers.

Ford Bronco Definitive does ForScan unlock the output on rear speakers? IMG_3851.JPG

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will need to run an amp for those, it would be easier to get a line output converter with channel summing. I got a set of universal speaker pods to put my own speakers in, and spent less than $175 for the pods and speakers.

Ford Bronco Definitive does ForScan unlock the output on rear speakers? IMG_3851.JPG
Assuming of course, we can switch on full frequency to the rear speakers lines! Else, these would be pretty much useless

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone said that the JBL sound bar is required because the head unit has to "talk" to it during the Forscan programming process..i dunno.

But as it stands, the only way to boost the rear is to tap into the front kick panels and of course this will cause you to loose your front/rear fad.
Sponsored