Sponsored

Definitive does ForScan unlock the output on rear speakers?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the B&O has the following speakers in the following locations:

Left Front - 4 Inch 2-Way 25w Speaker
Center Front - 4 Inch Mid-Range 25w Speaker
Right Front - 4 Inch 2-Way 25w Speaker

Left Kick Panel - 6.5 Inch Mid-Range Speaker
Right Kick Panel - 6.5 Inch Mid-Range Speaker

Left Rear Pod - 4 Inch Mid-Range 25w Speaker
Right Rear Pod - 4 Inch Mid-Range 25w Speaker
Right Rear Panel - 8 Inch 2 channel Sub-Woofer

The end result is that the B&O system only differs in 4 major ways from the base system:

1 Amplified Sub-Woofer
1 Center Channel mid-range speaker
Left dash speaker upgraded from mid to 2-way
Right dash speaker upgraded from mid to 2-way

That's it. All mid-range speakers for both systems are otherwise identical (which is cheap and lame).

Sorry, I do not have wattage ratings for the kick panel or sub-woofer yet.
Thanks MPeugeot, this is very very helpful. I am going to follow something similar to what you did and work on replacing all the regular speakers first with all good 2 or 3 ways and worry about the subwoofer/amp later. And yes I agree, it was very lame of Ford to do so little and call it a "B&O" system. My only saving grace is I wanted the Lux package regardless of the B&O as I was after the other tech. Still.....
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going with Wetsounds Micro AMPs and mounting them under the dash.
Where under the dash? From what Ive seen when I was installing the brake controller & dash cam wiring, space was limited.

OP
OP

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will post pictures after the 19th, the stereo shop is doing the install.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for your thoughts.
I have a 1st edition. What I was thinking is to have them install the kicker HS10 sub under the rear seat with Velcro. If I actually need to drop a seat for anything, I could always remove it. Alternatively, could just put it in a corner of the cargo area but thought this may make more sense. Has anyone tried to fit it? It looks like it may be close. Thanks for folks views. Also, thank Iā€™m going to try just having them install without amp and see if itā€™s power phone off. Worst case, Canada kicker small amp. Finally, the hertz foreign speakers go down to about 70 so wondering if I really need to install the 150 Hz base blockers Crutchfield sent me or if Iā€™ll block too much of speaker ability?
I didn't install any blockers and honestly, I am not getting any bass related distortion up front. I haven't tested the sensitivity of the front speakers, however in the B&O system, the rear pods cut at 150Hz appropriately. I would not be surprised if the front cut at 150Hz as well.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't install any blockers and honestly, I am not getting any bass related distortion up front. I haven't tested the sensitivity of the front speakers, however in the B&O system, the rear pods cut at 150Hz appropriately. I would not be surprised if the front cut at 150Hz as well.
Yeah, no probs. going full range I took mine out.

Sponsored

Gouldjb

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi guys
Thought Iā€™d summarize what i ended up doing. I installed the 4x4ā€ Hertz DCX 100.3 speakers. Incredible clarity. The integrated amp definitely powers the other speakers (as well as B&O sub) for those with B&O.

I was planning on the kicker HS10 hideaway amp but installer told me it really doesnā€™t sound much better than the initial subwoofer and recommended (same $s) a Kenwood down fire, single 10ā€ enclosure - bigger, but not huge. He then added a kicker amp and AudioControl LC2i - helps keep bass from fading off with big volume. As I didnā€™t want anything ā€œdrilled or boltedā€, he attached amp and LC2i to subwoofer enclosure and attached sub to cargo liner with Velcro stickyā€™s. Lastly, he removed the old woofer to avoid any conflict.

Although the cargo area is a bit more taken up than I wanted, I must say the sound is incredible. Sincerely thrilled. Best of luck everyone!!

Gouldjb

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi guys
Thought Iā€™d summarize what i ended up doing. I installed the 4x4ā€ Hertz DCX 100.3 speakers. Incredible clarity. The integrated amp definitely powers the other speakers (as well as B&O sub) for those with B&O.

I was planning on the kicker HS10 hideaway amp but installer told me it really doesnā€™t sound much better than the initial subwoofer and recommended (same $s) a Kenwood down fire, single 10ā€ enclosure - bigger, but not huge. He then added a kicker amp and AudioControl LC2i - helps keep bass from fading off with big volume. As I didnā€™t want anything ā€œdrilled or boltedā€, he attached amp and LC2i to subwoofer enclosure and attached sub to cargo liner with Velcro stickyā€™s. Lastly, he removed the old woofer to avoid any conflict.

Although the cargo area is a bit more taken up than I wanted, I must say the sound is incredible. Sincerely thrilled. Best of luck everyone!!
PS he tried the 150hz bass blockers I got from crutchfield and removed them as he said it sounded better without. These Hertz speakers go down to 70Hzā€¦FYI.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PS he tried the 150hz bass blockers I got from crutchfield and removed them as he said it sounded better without. These Hertz speakers go down to 70Hzā€¦FYI.
Totally the right call.

Gouldjb

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Totally the right call.
Thanks. Sound is excellent and form factor of Kenwood subwoofer is good. Hereā€™s some pics - just unsure of how he drilled the amp and stuff onto subwoofer enclosure. Just a bit less ā€œcleanā€ for dogs in back etcā€¦ thoughts??

812844D8-5F0B-42C3-BBF6-4F3861897593.jpeg

87FBF6D9-E9C2-48B6-893D-100D70DC9005.jpeg

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would cover the exposed wiring and connectors. But nice job!

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for feedback! How would you cover??
I wound cover the whole thing with a carpeted or painted box. That seems easiest and most durable, especially with dogs or cargo.

Gouldjb

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wound cover the whole thing with a carpeted or painted box. That seems easiest and most durable, especially with dogs or cargo.
Thanks and bingo. I have two dogs and not thrilled with that stuff being exposed (drool etc). Wonder if I should re-screw them into side next to seat back?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks and bingo. I have two dogs and not thrilled with that stuff being exposed (drool etc). Wonder if I should re-screw them into side next to seat back?
That does seem more elegant a solution.

Gouldjb

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That does seem more elegant a solution.
Spoke with the installer and going back Monday. I'm going to see if he can drill them into the little section under the cargo liner "lift up" area. I think he may be able to drill those into the plastic on the right side (appear to have enough space). Then, the amps will be entirely out of the way...any reasons I shouldn't do this? Haven't done this stuff before, so appreciate the 'peanut gallery' perspective! :)
Sponsored