Sponsored

Definitive list of parts needed to swap base plastic bumper to modular bumper?

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey folks, my dealership can’t seem to get it together for whatever reason. Wondering if anyone has the definitive list of parts needed to swap bumpers? Including the tow hook-less brackets, etc… every piece that needs to be swapped or installed?

appreciate any and all help!
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
These guys have helped me in the past with what parts are needed via their chat function during the week. They emailed me a complete list of what I was looking for with the capable bumper: https://www.levittownfordparts.com/

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So expensive. Find a used takeoff or now there are so many aftermarket options.

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This always confuses me. I’ve been looking for a mod bumper but I hear it’s a nightmare to find parts to swap it out, but then I hear others say, just find a used take off. Why would a take off be easy to switch but buying a new one wouldn’t? What am I missing? Wouldn’t you need all the same parts?

Sponsored
OP
OP
cyoungk

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes I know those are options. N
This always confuses me. I’ve been looking for a mod bumper but I hear it’s a nightmare to find parts to swap it out, but then I hear others say, just find a used take off. Why would a take off be easy to switch but buying a new one wouldn’t? What am I missing? Wouldn’t you need all the same parts?
I think it’s because the mod bumper takes a lot of pieces to assemble from scratch. It’s not hard, it is a little expensive but just need to compile the parts list.
Someone’s takeoff likely is already assembled, just taken off the car but all parts assembled as needed to just swap it out.

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes I know those are options. N

I think it’s because the mod bumper takes a lot of pieces to assemble from scratch. It’s not hard, it is a little expensive but just need to compile the parts list.
Someone’s takeoff likely is already assembled, just taken off the car but all parts assembled as needed to just swap it out.
Thanks. That makes sense. I’ve just had the concern of trying to come up with parts to swap out with a takeoff. But I assume if I find a take off, it’s different than having to “build” a new mod number. Thanks for clarifying.

OP
OP
cyoungk

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. That makes sense. I’ve just had the concern of trying to come up with parts to swap out with a takeoff. But I assume if I find a take off, it’s different than having to “build” a new mod number. Thanks for clarifying.
Exactyl. It’s just easier to try to get the parts list together to make sure I have all parts necessary to make it whole. I know a lot of people have successfully installed take offs but no one seems ti have quite a definitive list yet :/

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@flip can help you, but was well over $2k a couple of months ago. I got take off shipped and bought new brackets for about $1k. Any more would just go aftmkt

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you don't intend on going back to the plastic bumper, just cut your tow hooks off the existing intercooler mounts. It will save you hundreds of dollars. Plenty of people selling takeoffs all over the country.

In order to run a MOD bumper you need the following:
MOD bumper w/ or w/o sensor holes
Steel front bash plate (or aftermarket equivalent)

Sponsored
OP
OP
cyoungk

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you don't intend on going back to the plastic bumper, just cut your tow hooks off the existing intercooler mounts. It will save you hundreds of dollars. Plenty of people selling takeoffs all over the country.

In order to run a MOD bumper you need the following:
MOD bumper w/ or w/o sensor holes
Steel front bash plate (or aftermarket equivalent)
Unfortunately it’s more parts than that. The mod bumper is composed of multiple smaller parts that make it whole including a bunch of parts behind the metal main bumper piece it seems. I’ve found some sites and threads on here that discuss it in part but it’s rather confusing and a bit incomplete.

OP
OP
cyoungk

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@flip can help you, but was well over $2k a couple of months ago. I got take off shipped and bought new brackets for about $1k. Any more would just go aftmkt
Yeah based on what I’ve been able to gather so far, it sums up just over $2000. @flip would appreciate any help if time allows!

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately it’s more parts than that. The mod bumper is composed of multiple smaller parts that make it whole including a bunch of parts behind the metal main bumper piece it seems. I’ve found some sites and threads on here that discuss it in part but it’s rather confusing and a bit incomplete.
I see probably 10+ posts a week on various Bronco parts groups on Facebook with people looking to sell the full MOD bumper setup for $300-700. I bought one off of another Forum member for $500, much cheaper than building it out new from Ford through the parts department

OP
OP
cyoungk

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see probably 10+ posts a week on various Bronco parts groups on Facebook with people looking to sell the full MOD bumper setup for $300-700. I bought one off of another Forum member for $500, much cheaper than building it out new from Ford through the parts department
Hmm I’ll keep my eyes out. Seems rather rare to see them pop up, especially ones that may be willing to ship to LA. I’m following like 6 diff Bronco groups on FB and I haven’t seen a single one pop up. And I very rarely see them popping up on here as well.
Let me know if you see them pop up at all.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah based on what I’ve been able to gather so far, it sums up just over $2000. @flip would appreciate any help if time allows!
Easiest is to find a take off along with the front tow hooks and intercooler mounts. If you don't have sensors, great. If you do, make sure you get those too since the plastic bumper sensors are different than the MOD bumper.

Here's a list of bumper parts. As of now, Ford doesn't offer a complete assembly. What exactly is needed over an above the plastic, I'm not 100% sure which is why the take off is the better and cheaper option.
Sponsored

Attachments