First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Full Size Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I took delivery on 7/25/22 of my 2022 Base, 4-door, 2.3L, Sasquatch, full-size Bronco I have noticed that when I add pressure to the gas pedal there is almost a delay to accelerate and most times there is a jerky or spluttering when the vehicle starts moving (very similar to water in the gas tank sensation). I live in Central NY and this has happened in very warm to a bit colder weather and when I garage it or have it parked outside. This is my first Bronco and Ford vehicle so I don't have others to compare it to but I know other vehicles we own have a very instant/responsive/smooth acceleration.

Also, many times when I first drive my Bronco that day, the lights on the dashboard (PRNDL letters) and the lights on the middle console for heating/air and other dial lights - they go very bright then dim and do that repeatedly. I have also noticed that there is no pattern to the dimming/brightening based on whether I have the Auto-Start button pressed or not or when I'm accelerating or braking and it happens regardless if I'm in normal or eco mode. The dash and middle console lights just randomly go dim then really bright. This lasts for about the first 5-10 minutes I start driving.

I have addressed this with my dealership and they say the only thing they keep seeing is a "windshield heater fault". I have an appointment for them to look at it (again) on 10/24/22. I dropped it off once already for them to look at after I experienced (3 times) pressing the gas pedal down when I'm at a complete stop and the pedal would go straight down to the floor with zero resistance and the vehicle would not move at all. I would pause and then press down the pedal again 2 or more times even until the vehicle would finally respond and lurch into accelerating and moving forward with major spluttering hesitations until it was driving forward smoothly.

This is my first post in any forum online, so any thoughts, comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I've really lost all joy in what I thought was the greatest vehicle I have ever purchased and was really looking forward to off-roading and just enjoying it for the amazing, iconic vehicle that it is. I'm starting to wonder if I simply got a lemon. :(
Sponsored

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sprint Booster V3 or Pedal Commander will fix the lag. Look them up.

Edit: check your battery connections as this sounds like more than standard pedal lag.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Every Ecoboost Ford I've owned does this. Even my 2.3 OBX.

OP
OP
CuseGirl69

CuseGirl69

Base
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sprint Booster V3 or Pedal Commander will fix the lag. Look them up.

Edit: check your battery connections as this sounds like more than standard pedal lag.
Will do. Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CuseGirl69

CuseGirl69

Base
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 2.3 doesn't do this, except for the occasional "bronco buck" that the manual transmissions experience. I'd check the fuse boxbolts, make sure that your connections are tight at the battery.

Seems like an electrical/ground issue as the root cause. Especially with the backlights flickering like you described.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2 door OBX Squatch with 2.3L and I don't experience anything like this. Occasionally the take off under light throttle, maybe on a rolling start, it will be a little hesitant. However it is nothing like what you are experiencing. Sorry I can't be more help other than a data point.

OP
OP
CuseGirl69

CuseGirl69

Base
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2.3 doesn't do this, except for the occasional "bronco buck" that the manual transmissions experience. I'd check the fuse boxbolts, make sure that your connections are tight at the battery.

Seems like an electrical/ground issue as the root cause. Especially with the backlights flickering like you described.
I should have added that mine is an automatic in my original post. Thanks for the feedback. I will look into this as well. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Since I took delivery on 7/25/22 of my 2022 Base, 4-door, 2.3L, Sasquatch, full-size Bronco I have noticed that when I add pressure to the gas pedal there is almost a delay to accelerate and most times there is a jerky or spluttering when the vehicle starts moving (very similar to water in the gas tank sensation). I live in Central NY and this has happened in very warm to a bit colder weather and when I garage it or have it parked outside. This is my first Bronco and Ford vehicle so I don't have others to compare it to but I know other vehicles we own have a very instant/responsive/smooth acceleration.

Also, many times when I first drive my Bronco that day, the lights on the dashboard (PRNDL letters) and the lights on the middle console for heating/air and other dial lights - they go very bright then dim and do that repeatedly. I have also noticed that there is no pattern to the dimming/brightening based on whether I have the Auto-Start button pressed or not or when I'm accelerating or braking and it happens regardless if I'm in normal or eco mode. The dash and middle console lights just randomly go dim then really bright. This lasts for about the first 5-10 minutes I start driving.

I have addressed this with my dealership and they say the only thing they keep seeing is a "windshield heater fault". I have an appointment for them to look at it (again) on 10/24/22. I dropped it off once already for them to look at after I experienced (3 times) pressing the gas pedal down when I'm at a complete stop and the pedal would go straight down to the floor with zero resistance and the vehicle would not move at all. I would pause and then press down the pedal again 2 or more times even until the vehicle would finally respond and lurch into accelerating and moving forward with major spluttering hesitations until it was driving forward smoothly.

This is my first post in any forum online, so any thoughts, comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I've really lost all joy in what I thought was the greatest vehicle I have ever purchased and was really looking forward to off-roading and just enjoying it for the amazing, iconic vehicle that it is. I'm starting to wonder if I simply got a lemon. :(
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s acceleration concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored
OP
OP
CuseGirl69

CuseGirl69

Base
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s acceleration concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Yes, of course! I am new here...how do I private message you?

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, of course! I am new here...how do I private message you?
Click their user name in their post above, then click "start conversation".

Welcome to the site.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lights will dim and get bright going into and out of shade/sun etc. Mine does this as well. On dash and radio screen. Pretty sure thats what your noticing. And if you have the sensor on dash covered with anything you will make it erratic. Just a thought.

OP
OP
CuseGirl69

CuseGirl69

Base
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lights will dim and get bright going into and out of shade/sun etc. Mine does this as well. On dash and radio screen. Pretty sure thats what your noticing. And if you have the sensor on dash covered with anything you will make it erratic. Just a thought.
To add more information. Nothing is ever resting on my dash - not even a pair of sunglasses or keys, nothing. When I say the dash panel is brightening/dimming...I am driving to work, broad daylight, no tunnels, etc. And, again, the lights on my middle console (the orange lights that go on when heat or air is turned on) dim and go bright almost instantaneously (no delay or fading in or out and no flickering whatsoever). There also seems to be 3 brightness settings when it does this. It starts off being dim then suddenly so bright they're like Christmas lights and it's a on/off switch sort of action...not a graduating dimming/brightening. Then, after about 5-10 minutes of driving, it settles on a medium brightness. Also, if this is just a reaction to the outside sun/clouds/covering as I'm driving, it would be way too sensitive, in my opinion...as they can change from dim to bright in a matter of 15 seconds or so at a time. Thanks for the comment! :)
Sponsored