Sponsored

Delete tow package - to the back of the line?

rinconryder

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having read about the tow package being a constrained item I emailed my dealer about deleting the tow package. He said he was happy to do it but was worried it could send me to the back of the line. Is there any truth to that? I have seen some posts where people delete a constrained item and then get their build date shortly after so I am not sure his speculation is accurate.
Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Having read about the tow package being a constrained item I emailed my dealer about deleting the tow package. He said he was happy to do it but was worried it could send me to the back of the line. Is there any truth to that? I have seen some posts where people delete a constrained item and then get their build date shortly after so I am not sure his speculation is accurate.
I removed my tow package and got my “you're bronco is in production” notification 8 days later!!

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it would help not hurt

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I removed my tow package and got my “you're bronco is in production” notification 8 days later!!
Also, I stated before that my dealer was trying to prep me for a 2023 delivery before that. So it just shows they’re clueless too.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Naw... it wouldn't move you to the back of the line.

Several people have removed the tow package and got build dates the next week. Personally I would remove the tow package in a heart beat if I could... but... I spent too much time in upstate New York and their laws prevent me from removing it.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Removed Tow and MOD bumper and scheduled 3 weeks later ahead of lower reservation holders at my dealer

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Removing it helps me. ;)(y)

hollyw00d

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed tow and got scheduled in the next batch. Was it because I removed tow? Who knows, but it didn't negatively affect me.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are already at the back of Ford's line since they refuse to build your midsize SUV. The closer you compromise your build to a Boring Bend soft top with zero options, the sooner they'll build it, as Ford has explicitly stated. Everyone else to the back of the line. If you have no production status, you're at the back of the longest line. The only situation worse than that is being built month(s) ago and wondering if your Bronco thinks about you sometimes, too, wherever it is.
If you're not first, you're last. - Ricky Bobby

Last edited:

Sponsored

Untrained Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Realize no one knows for sure, but the way it has worked for many of us is that you will be scheduled quicker if you drop it.

I dropped it and got scheduled right away. Dealers don’t talk to each other as much as we do, that’s why they (for the most part) know less than us.

For example: talked to my dealer today to make sure they don’t screw a front license plate through my grill and they don't even know that I have my VIN and have a scheduled build date. I’m actually running a little test to see how long before they tell me.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed my dealer on Thursday (Jan 27) to change my order. I have the soft top ordered but wanted to switch to the MIC. I figured why not since I have not received a build date yet. But my dealer emailed me back later saying he went into the Ford system and my Bronco had a build date of 3/14 and he could not make the change I wanted. I responded that's ok... I'm fine with the soft top! I'm just glad I have a build date now! Still nothing showing up on Ford's website but I figure it will show up closer to that date.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also see plenty being built with the tow package. I am leaving my order alone. I do not need any "screw-ups" in paper work or data entry with my order. What I am irritated about is walk-ins getting built before early reservation holders (with like builds) even get scheduled.
Sponsored