Sponsored

Delete tow package - to the back of the line?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious....how many of you dropping the tow package have 2 doors ordered?
Sponsored

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my Dad has mentioned this to me multiple times. He has suggested I try this. Both for the fact that it's apparently a constraint and for the fact that they are using a tow kit that costs like $180 or something like that for a person to buy or whatever it is, $895 for Ford to do it.

And I forgot - he actually reminded me- when I got my Jeep in 2013, he specifically told me not to order the trailer hitch, had me buy it online and he himself put it on for me. (I'm not very mechanical. I can fix your computer but not your car.) - So I can see if it actually got my Bronco here faster. I am In Production, I have a window sticker with a Blend Date (that obviously has passed) and am estimated at 2/15. I have not yet received an email telling me about chip shortages or anything. But if removing the stupid trailer hitch would get me here faster, delete that biatch, it's not like the Sasquatch Package, we can add it later.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Removed Tow and MOD bumper and scheduled 3 weeks later ahead of lower reservation holders at my dealer
I removed the mod bumper as well. 👍🏻

Sponsored

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious....how many of you dropping the tow package have 2 doors ordered?
2D Badlands 7MT Squatch High pkg
Dropped TowPkg @ Dealer prompt last week
Their order before mine got a VIN 2 weeks ago
All of their Reservation orders ( not 99ed ) are satisfied
I am their 1st Walk-In / No Reservation/ MY22 Order and next in line there with a Priority Code 10 with adequate allocation.
Per last Mondays Constraints Email from Ford to Dealers, my build still has several.
I.E.: E5C, Sasquatch. Auto4WD, Locking Front Diff & of course MIC.
Just reading between the lines with fingers crossed and a lucky rabbit's foot book marker, they think I will get pulled next Scheduling date.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer last week and decided to try removing the tow on my BD 2 door order. Everything else on it seems to be a constraint item but its worth a try.

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also got a build date just a few days after removing the top package. I think there's a lot of evidence that this is a good move, and I haven't seen any evidence that it's a bad one.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the forum Wes. It just amazes me at the stupid shit some salespeople can come up with. No sir, if you have your order submitted it will not move you to the end of the line. Ford themselves have said if you want your Bronco faster you should remove constrained items like the tow package, MIC top, 2.7L, etc.

Disclaimer: Removing the tow package doesn't guarantee a faster delivery, because there may be other options you've ordered that may slow delivery down. But as stated, it doesn't hurt.
Sponsored