Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No thanks. To each their own I guess. I like Bronco because …well it’s a Bronco not a Jeep.
same here. I like it from a mechanical, innovated "omg they actually did it" standpoint, but the main feature that puts the Bronco ahead of the Jeep for me personally is the IFS.
Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks familiar!

Clearly most of you haven't driven something with fully hydraulic steering. This rig, how you see it, has been 95+ MPH with one hand on the wheel @ <5psi in the tires MANY times. Solid axles doesn't equate terrible handling, it's the steering, caster angle and alignment that can make all the difference. My setup is 2.5 turns lock to lock and feels identical to driving my 19' F350 that I tow with it.

I don't get why we are not celebrating a build, nearly everyone's beef with the Bronco when it was leaked was the lack of a SFA and a V8. Myself, I don't mind the TT V6 backed with a 10 speed and I'm on the fence with the IFS stuff, but I realize that 99% of these won't be wheeled anywhere near their limits and one of the biggest complaints of Jeep owners are the road manners.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, there are people out there that freak out about beadlocks on the street (oh noes, no DOT approval) not to mention hydraulic steering near a buss full of nuns.

I look forward to the challenge of putting modern axles under a new Bronco while retaining all of the factory electronics. I honestly don't think it would take much, all of the new D60/DS170/80 axles have four wheel speed sensors and factory locker options. It's just wiring at this point... That rig and every one like it is going to turn heads and spark conversation no matter where it's image goes..... and for a good reason.

Ford Bronco DelFab Solid Axle Swap Bronco SEMA Build Stretching Out 🐎 Cage Flex 2

Ford Bronco DelFab Solid Axle Swap Bronco SEMA Build Stretching Out 🐎 Cage Flex 3

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome!
There you go SAS crowd! IFS And Solid!
Now….. Come on Coyote!!!!

Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks familiar!

Clearly most of you haven't driven something with fully hydraulic steering. This rig, how you see it, has been 95+ MPH with one hand on the wheel @ <5psi in the tires MANY times. Solid axles doesn't equate terrible handling, it's the steering, caster angle and alignment that can make all the difference. My setup is 2.5 turns lock to lock and feels identical to driving my 19' F350 that I tow with it.

I don't get why we are not celebrating a build, nearly everyone's beef with the Bronco when it was leaked was the lack of a SFA and a V8. Myself, I don't mind the TT V6 backed with a 10 speed and I'm on the fence with the IFS stuff, but I realize that 99% of these won't be wheeled anywhere near their limits and one of the biggest complaints of Jeep owners are the road manners.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, there are people out there that freak out about beadlocks on the street (oh noes, no DOT approval) not to mention hydraulic steering near a buss full of nuns.

I look forward to the challenge of putting modern axles under a new Bronco while retaining all of the factory electronics. I honestly don't think it would take much, all of the new D60/DS170/80 axles have four wheel speed sensors and factory locker options. It's just wiring at this point... That rig and every one like it is going to turn heads and spark conversation no matter where it's image goes..... and for a good reason.

Ford Bronco DelFab Solid Axle Swap Bronco SEMA Build Stretching Out 🐎 Cage Flex 3

I fixed it for you.

A wheel Barrow is best used as a single tire up front. Its better for K-turns. A wide tire is recommended for soft sand. Any any departure from intended design is a mark of the beast and the devil is near.

Screenshot_20210917-171710_Google.jpg

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is awesome. Seems like he’s making good progress on the build. Can’t wait to see it crush trails.

Really sad that this guy has to explain himself for innovating and pushing the boundaries on a brand new platform.

Never seen so much hate for a dude building cool shit from other “enthusiasts”.

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One step closer to making the new bronco a real bronco.

Next up: manual transfer case lever, window vents, and a v8.
Don’t forget vacuum wipers, manual steering, drum brakes and three on the tree. Oh, and an oil canning steel hardtop.

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love those old window vents. Miss having em in new vehicles.
My 2 daily drivers have em. :ROFLMAO: Its the benefits of being poorish.

Reactions: abe

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get why we are not celebrating a build
Good thing you didn't see the first thread that leaked your build. You hurt A LOT of feelings in that post and made a bunch people upset with what you did with your Bronco, your money and your time.

While it is my plan to push the IFS to it limits, I like what you have done and I look forward to seeing it at SEMA (hopefully up close). Only question I had was if you had to cut the floor boards for a manual transfer case (jokingly, kinda) and if you plan to maintain all the electronic gizmos.
Sponsored