First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to hear your opinion on the clutch pedal feel. I've read/seen a lot about the shifter being pretty good but almost nothing about the pedal feel and clutch engagement other than it is pretty light.
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same basic car on the outside as our order, nice!

We have the 2.3 with the 10spd though.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I'm not alone in liking these headlights more than the signature ones. Love the amber DRLs!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks great! Thanks for the review.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to hear your opinion on the clutch pedal feel. I've read/seen a lot about the shifter being pretty good but almost nothing about the pedal feel and clutch engagement other than it is pretty light.
The BB 2.3 manual I drove last week has a fairly long clutch throw, it is soft and you can start slipping it about 2-3" off the floor. Its not a sports car clutch but its adequate.

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice to hear that it’s similar to the 2.7. I’m used to the 2.7 in our f150 and I love it. The upgraded wheels look awesome! How are you liking the vinyl seats?

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will look forward to your updates, especially on the potential rust issue.

being here in Cleveland with lots of snow and road salt, I have hesitations about the steel bumpers and rust, so keep us updated!

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! I'm team Cactus Grey Black Diamond as well, although I went with the Sasquatch. I was back and forth on manual vs. auto with Sasquatch for a long time, and your review has me second guessing that decision!

NPExplorer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Super Crew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really appreciate the comparison to the 2.7 in your F150 as that is what’s in mine. Ready for my Bl 2.3 Manual to get here. I usually also test stereos by their ability to play Thunderstruck. Excellent song choice. Thank you for the review!

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@srick76, thanks for posting as this is the exact build I'm looking at. I, too, have an F150 with the 3.5 EB and am looking forward to getting back into a manual. I was a little concerned with the 2.3 being enough engine, but your input is quite helpful. Have fun!

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was very curious about the auto off feature with a manual transmission. So if you keep your foot on the clutch with the transmission in any gear, will the car remain on? is it ONLY when you go into neutral/ clutch out that the car shuts off? Separate note, curious how the gas mileage is on the highway if you've been able to drive enough to comment

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I test drove a wildtrak at length a couple days ago. Found it to be great. A few minor nitpicks- 1. the gas pedal is short. I am not sure if my other vehicles have it mounted from the floor, and the bronco is mounted from the top. It just felt an inch short, and on three occasions my toes flicked the bottom of the gas pedal and slid past it, rather than making full contact. odd. i wear a size 11 too. i thought I had my seat in my typical driving position (not too far back) and the steering wheel pushed all the way in, but maybe the placement of the pedals came into play. guess you'll get used to it quickly. 2. Tach looks incredibly cheap in person, and moreso when viewing it in motion.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^ +3. During the entire test drive I kept saying "i know i really know my stuff, and im 1000% positive the wildtrak doesnt come in the 2.3, because the truck felt like it had very little power off the line or low rpm. I had to double check the sticker when i got out. But otherwise when at decent speed the truck definitely squated and kicked you back when you stomped on the accelerator.
Sponsored