Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was very curious about the auto off feature with a manual transmission. So if you keep your foot on the clutch with the transmission in any gear, will the car remain on? is it ONLY when you go into neutral/ clutch out that the car shuts off? Separate note, curious how the gas mileage is on the highway if you've been able to drive enough to comment
Correct, clutch in the bronco stays running, neutral, it shuts off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
srick76

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@srick76 I'd be interested in highway mileage as well when you get a chance. My wife has a manual Jeep Sahara that I can eek out 21 mpg or so on the highway.
I’ve been afraid to look, I’ll check today.

OP
OP
srick76

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for your write up and a big congrats on getting your bronco.

I too am a 2.3 manual order and have yet to take delivery/or be scheduled for that matter. My biggest concern right now is wondering how well the 2.3 will do at Elevation 5000-12000 ft (Colorado/Utah) going up steep grades at highway speeds.

My hope is that there is enough oomph in the 2.3 to be able to pass on the highway still with those factors. It's no fun being in a car going 45 mph downshifted to 3rd and 4th gear in the right hand lane being passed by everyone and their mother.

NJ driving probably doesn't provide comparable circumstances but if you're able to give your opinion/experience on that, I would love to hear it. Thanks again.
I went up a long steep grade the other night, started from the res light at the bottom, eased to about 50 and then stomped on it about mid hill and it pulled like a mother and I hit 74 by the top. I can’t compare to CO but I can tell you there is no problem getting passed in NJ :)

OP
OP
srick76

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bon Scott?????
Regardless, your review and opinion is based on reality, as you now are a mythical Bronco owner. I heard of you guys, but never actually seen one in real life. I still have not seen one up close, so maybe a Bronco did go to the moon. :unsure:
Do you find your butt sliding across the edge of the seat over time may cause wear, and if so, do you plan on an aftermarket grab handle on the A pillar in the future?
It did cross my mind. See what the after market has to offer soon.

OP
OP
srick76

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you get the Mid package? The "enhanced voice recognition" is part of the mid package. Otherwise you just get the basic Bluetooth commands.
No standard so I figured the advanced “ok Ford” isn’t included but can’t get the sync voice to work either. Salesman said it maybe “stuck” with the CarPlay being on at the same time. Disconnected that, still doesn’t work. Have to do an update on it when I/they figure it out.

Sponsored

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know my dealer pretty well and thanks to this forum, and others, I was teaching them stuff so they wanted to hook me up.
I’m using this dealership also, have used them many times before. My salesman promised MSRP but we didn’t get into other fees? How did you end up making out on that end?

OP
OP
srick76

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking good! Can we see a pic of the molded floor mats? I ordered them too but still can’t wrap my mind around what they are gonna be besides the woeful photo on Ford’s website.
Floor Matt’s are nice w BRONCO written on them. Similar to a weather tech that they are molded but they are softer rubber and flexible unlike some of the after market ones like weather tech

OP
OP
srick76

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know someone asked about fuel economy. Currently average is 17.5. But we aren’t really trying to conserve fuel, been driving it pretty hard to see what it can do whenever I’m out in it. Like I said I like that turbo gauge :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
srick76

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m using this dealership also, have used them many times before. My salesman promised MSRP but we didn’t get into other fees? How did you end up making out on that end?
Good can’t complain MSRP

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch / A7 / XC60 / Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting - this is literally my exact build. I’d love some more photos if you feel like it. No idea when mine will be built.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Floor mats look great. Love the fact that they have the tall sides.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can get MID with the Manual BD
Nope. Would have if I could have. Mid bumps you to the slush box on the BD. (Slush box is too harsh for a modern automatic, technically superior to a manual, but I hate automatics with a passion.)
Sponsored