Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never heard of this ever.

If you're engine blows up the dealer fixes it. Not sure what would mean a car has to go back, has to be a safety related issue
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will put it mildly.... Ford is one f'd up mess.... had many cars over the years ordered and this time & with an early reservation 7/16/20, modification 3/21, and a final delivery date eta ( given by Ford) of 5/22/22.... its still in Michigan..... without any eta as of today 5/24/22. Never had delays like this one which takes the cake. I've seen many many B's on the road and being re-sold and newly delivered at dealers.... but where's mine!!??!! Damn disappointing and I promise never again to buy a Ford.... under any circumstances. I will take this one because I do not want the dealer to re-sell it at a huge profit.... rather make that markup profit on my own: Fully equip'd '22 Wildtrac, seq pack, 354, soft top and all black.
I guess you forgot about the pandemic, supply chain issues, high demand and all that. Like I said, 90% of the hate is coming from people that don't own a Bronco. "My Bronco is delayed, so I'm going to buy and flip it so the dealer can't make a profit on it". Says a lot about you. The dealer will be making a profit anyway. You will be hard pressed after paying taxes to flip it and make a profit, especially at the pricing of a fully equipped WT. Good luck anyways.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously if they wanted to sell it, they could just do it before notifying you it came in. There are thousands of Broncos sold every month, most are smooth transactions. Before I placed my order I called numerous dealers and enquired about pricing and allocation. Some told me straight away there would be markup usually $5000. I ended up going with one that agreed (verbally) on MSRP Sure like everything else there are bad apples, that is the ones we hear about. Plus, we only hear one side of the story. There is no assumed price, the MSRP printed on the order sheet is not the selling price presumed or otherwise. Without an agreement, a dealer is free to charge ADM, just like they are free to sell for less than MSRP which is more typical.
I've had things sold out from under me before. Put a deposit down, shake hands, sign a receipt, come back a day later and told some other guy sold it not knowing it was on hold. There have been numerous repots on this very forum of Broncos either being held for ADM or sold to others when they come in. And there has been a lot of publicity in the media over Ford dealers charging ADM.

Whereas dealerships rebuild entire vehicles. A guy over on the wrangler forum had his entire JLUR rebuilt by a dealer to replace a bent frame after a wreck.

Maybe Ford really did ask for the vehicle back. But which scenario is more likely:

Ford messed something up on the vehicle, just happened to figure it out hours after it arrived at the dealer, then was able to get a truck to pick it up that day, get it back to MI, repaired, and shipped back to the dealer in a week? Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt! ;)

Or, someone was willing to pay $20K over sticker for that Bronco and the dealer made an extra $20K. Then they don't want a big PR nightmare so they said Ford wanted it back, they don't know why, and gave the customer a loaner to get them off the lot, then in a week or 2 call the customer and say "Sorry, we have no idea when they'll ship your Bronco back, you'll have to return the car and we can try to sell you something on the lot".

Honestly, I hope I am wrong for the OP's sake. And if we see any more reports I will believe it. But if I were the OP, I'd be placing another order with a different dealer ASAP. ;)

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess you forgot about the pandemic, supply chain issues, high demand and all that. Like I said, 90% of the hate is coming from people that don't own a Bronco. "My Bronco is delayed, so I'm going to buy and flip it so the dealer can't make a profit on it". Says a lot about you. The dealer will be making a profit anyway. You will be hard pressed after paying taxes to flip it and make a profit, especially at the pricing of a fully equipped WT. Good luck anyways.
But keep in mind that 90% of that 90% would own a Bronco if Ford would ever deliver them ;)

And the Bronco delays started long before COVID and supply chain issues - I was considering waiting to order one back in '19 when I ordered my JLUR.

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
90% of the hate on this forum is coming from those that do not even own a Bronco. If you hate Ford, just cancel your order, why the eff would you buy anything much less an automobile from someone you hate? In case you don't know, a Bronco will always be a "Ford". I watched literally every review on the Internet mostly from owners, and by far the vast majority of us are thrilled with our Bronco. Some on here dig up and repost everything that is wrong with the Bronco. JUST GET SOMETING ELSE!
Who are you talking to? I'm excited to be getting my Bronco the SECOND TIME. I'm sitting here patiently waiting for it to come back.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Too bad the OP never was able to get the Fordpass enabled, he would know exactly where the Bronco was.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the other hand, some people categorize stuff they don't like discussed as "hate". Because then they can rail against people supposedly hating.

For my part, I think it's a valid concern, to know more about why a vehicle I was going to buy, was suddenly yanked away at the last minute. It's a very large purchase and knowledge is king. I don't buy into the authoritarianist excuses.

It doesn't mean Ford has to give a micro-detailed explanation of everything. But enough has gone wrong with Bronco deliveries and various hijinks, it's not out of order or hateful to want to know more about a situation.
I agree in this case an explanation should be provided, I'm also pretty sure we don't have all the details of this case. I'm referring to the guys loosing their mind over seeing vehicles parked outside a factory! Bottom line is anybody can CANCEL an order at anytime. If I hated Ford, I would cancel straight away.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so I posted this on another forum and got this explanation, which might be GREAT NEWS for the OP! This actually makes the most sense of anything posted yet - though I think that someone in this thread mentioned something about VINs before.

No. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that car dealers can stretch the truth like nobody's business.

I spent a long time in new car logistics. That means I worked for the world's largest car haul company. We delivered what is known in logistics as "the final mile".

New vehicles came into a railhead terminal where they were unloaded from the train and put on the 18 wheeler car haul trucks and then delivered to the dealership.

The only plausible explanation for this situation is that someone didn't check the 17 digit VIN number of this Bronco. The WRONG Bronco got delivered.

The fact that "the solution" is only a week out tells me that this guy's Bronco is either still sitting at the rail yard or was also delivered to the wrong dealership. Mistakes like this always come in twos. The Bronco he should have got, his Bronco is the other half of this mistake.

Trust me, no vehicle is returned to Detroit after a dealer takes delivery from the convoy truck. Now I have seen the factory put vehicles on hold for discovered quality problems but that vehicle is kept at the dealer and parts are shipped to the dealer for repair.

Bottom line?
Nobody likes to admit to a mistake like this.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You missed the entire point.... I've had little to no communication with Ford other than those I initiated ... I also have no issues with
'force majeure' like situations... the covid being one.... but as promised by Ford that the reservations would have priority over later orders.... is & was total bs.... and that if I want to flip it after taking delivery means after I'm done with it.... be it on day one or... as excited I am to get it... on day 20... or later or such. Losing $$ on it is not likely in the near future in this area of the country. As example of a force majeure like delay... I had ordered a Porsche Cayman 4.0 GTS in March '21.... delivery expected by summer. Multiple contacts from Porsche detailing the delays... which ended up as them replacing the entire engine before delivery.... in Oct '21. Ford has made no such contact with anyone on this forum that I know of other than what you've seen reported. Big difference between companies. As to being of ill character by making a personal profit above msrp.... plz.

Tim Kelly

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.

Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.

I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"

I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!

My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.

The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

IMG_3322.JPG
Ain't that a kick in the head. Sorry you had to go through that dude.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@BeeMiller , this might be my fault. I was touring MAP and got to sit inside a lovely Cyber Orange Bronco. Long story short, I had left my Ray Ban sunglasses and a Jimmy Johns reward card in the console. Normally not a big deal, but I had 9 punches already so 1 more gets me a free sandwich. I pulled alot of strings to get these items back, but I hope you get your Bronco back ASAP.
PS - I may have also dropped some skittles on the side of the seat. If you find them, you can keep them...I already got some new skittles so no need to worry about me. There was also this taped to the undercarriage...
Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford RB

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If FoMoCo is truly making a very difficult decision in the best interest of the customers long term satisfaction, then perhaps they should communicate to that customer by explaining exactly what is wrong with the vehicle and that they will correct it before selling it to them. A little communication goes a long way when it comes to customer satisfaction.

And if FoMoCo's culture is to make decisions that places their customers long term satisfaction ahead of a potentially bad situation, then why won't they even acknowledge the fact that they had a bad batch of valves in the 2.7 engine? Why won't they share the vin# range of affected vehicles and offer an extended powertrain warranty or replacement if they know the batch has potentially defective parts installed?

I guess in this case, FoMoCo made the difficult decision to pretend nothing was wrong. 😄
Yeah it would be nice if they said something in an email to me. But even though I had that Bronco in my hands at the dealership, my tracker on the Ford site still showed it was being produced. It’s never been “built” or “shipped”. That has never changed from January.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But even though I had that Bronco in my hands at the dealership, my tracker on the Ford site still showed it was being produced. It’s never been “built” or “shipped”.
That kind of lends to the switched VIN story. Hope they get it worked out for you.

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
one of the reason for the upsetness is the fact that this customer, like me, is one of the dirt mountain people. that means this vehicle was built back in January and then he was one of the very very rare people to get actually completed after sitting outside for 5 months and just as he could see it, touch it, and taste it if that's your thing, ford said actually ship it back to Michigan. While ford is telling him he'll have it back this week, you could understand if it's hard to let it slip back to the plant when there's a part of him that no doubt wonders how long they will really have it at that plant. mine for instance, is going to be there until august from a Jan build sitting outside. i have zero faith i will see mine in august by the way, probably more like next january. so, that's why this one hurts so bad. i can empathize with him. if my dirt mountain wait was finally over and i showed up after selling my car, ready to part with the money and take it home and then they shipped it back after this two year journey where they turned reservations into meaninglessness and all the other bumps along the road, i would be really upset.
You get it because we’re built The same day. And we may have even sat together next to that pile of dirt. And unless another person on here got to sit in their Bronco, run their fingers lightly Down the side of the door, stare into the beautiful metallic CO color on a bright sunny day, the very first Ford I’ve ever ordered and waited for, they won’t understand how my heart just sank hearing those words, “we have to send your Bronco back to Michigan” I am a true and true Ford person, who’s owned 2 rangers, 8 mustangs, 1 F150, and 3 Fusions, one which I sold to my neighbor down the road since my Bronco made it home. And since She sold her car to buy mine, there really wasn’t much I could ask of her.
And I am truly grateful my dealership put me in a brand new loaner Ecosport. I call it the baby Bronco. My sales lady there took care of me and is still trying to find out why it was taken back. Yes I threatened them with going to BMW and just buying a car off the lot, but they also know half those Fords I bought, came from their lot. So yeah, instead of making that extra $20-30,000 they could have gotten from the sale of my Outer Banks when it does come back, they chose to keep me as a customer instead of telling me goodbye! I’m going to wait patiently and hope and pray it really does get back to me in a week! And thanks for taking up for me too CobraKai!
Sponsored