RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm actually ok with it, even though I'd like a more smooth and uniform look. I wonder what Ford's original idea was for the interior finish, and why they didn't go with some gelcoat or paint coating for the interior? That could have provided a more finished interior look. Similar to how the outside surface has a more finished surface/coating.
Yeah, it is disappointing, given that this is what you (as the driver/passenger) will be seeing 95% of your time of Bronco ownership. Geez, spray the interior with bedliner or something at least.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Quality can be defined as "fitness for use" (Deming). So I think the hard top has been designed for providing lightweight, removable, and durable panels that are damage-resistant both on the vehicle and when stored. The design priorities are focused on durability and function (sealing out the weather). The top is not designed to be pretty and remain pretty. If you want pretty, pull a $150K out of your wallet for a Mercedes G-wagon.

The latches are big and obtrusive for ease of use to lock and unlock the panels. The sound deadening material is thin and damage resistant. The top material is a tough and durable thermosetting plastic. Getting all of that to look like a Lexus interior is on a cost level the target Bronco customer is not willing to pay.
Don't try to pass off on Deming poor product quality, you must not understand his goals, such as:
Better design of products to improve service​
Higher level of uniform product quality​

How about we just agree to have a hardtop as good as Jeep, that would be defined as "fitness for use".

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad it worked out for ya. Sounds like Ford is gonna have a new distributor soon.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't try to pass off on Deming poor product quality, you must not understand his goals, such as:
Better design of products to improve service​
Higher level of uniform product quality​

How about we just agree to have a hardtop as good as Jeep, that would be defined as "fitness for use".
I'm not passing off anything. I'm staying the Bronco roof design is geared towards durability and function, not aesthetics.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry but there is nothing we have seen with the MIC top to think it will have long term durability.

I inspected a “BAD ROOF” 2 door

c678e330-58e1-421d-b62e-d84544b4b879-jpeg.jpg
Okay, but that's a production issue, rather than a design flaw. Production issues will get resolved. My reference to Deming (if that's still the topic) was about the purpose of the design, not the execution of it. Fitness for use has to do with the purpose of the design.

If you go trail riding with a painted top, it will eventually look like shit. The MIC top already looks like shit :)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Okay, but that's a production issue, rather than a design flaw. Production issues will get resolved. My reference to Deming (if that's still the topic) was about the purpose of the design, not the execution of it. Fitness for use has to do with the purpose of the design.
Peace, last thought, I have spent years in Engineering development and production transition. In our real world, not therorictcal lessons of Deming, there are multiple factors we consider in the designs, including, purpose, fitness for use and execution of the design.

Failure to consider all elements will lead to failure of your product. Second, if you failed to consider producibility in you design, you failed.

Sponsored

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of people asking about their builds being "stuck" in the "in production" phase on the tracker.

The tracker just isn't be updated to reflect shipping status until long after the fact. In the vast majority of cases, your builds have been released to shipment and are on the way.

Your dealer will have a "pre arrival notice" that isn't connected to the public-facing tracker system in any way, so they can give you a better answer.
@ PREMiERdrum-Hope you can shed some light on this question. My OBX was delivered to dealer today 7/13, delivery is tomorrow. It had a 625 blend and was built 629 during that crazy rainstorm when MAP was shutdown.
The driver side rear window has the word "WATER" in white marker written on it from MAP.
Is this just a coincidence or something to look into?

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens if you get a good top from the get go? No off-road use? No Christmas tree fetching?

Quality can be defined as "fitness for use" (Deming). So I think the hard top has been designed for providing lightweight, removable, and durable panels that are damage-resistant both on the vehicle and when stored. The design priorities are focused on durability and function (sealing out the weather). The top is not designed to be pretty and remain pretty. If you want pretty, pull a $150K out of your wallet for a Mercedes G-wagon.

The latches are big and obtrusive for ease of use to lock and unlock the panels. The sound deadening material is thin and damage resistant. The top material is a tough and durable thermosetting plastic. Getting all of that to look like a Lexus interior is on a cost level the target Bronco customer is not willing to pay.
Very few end users agree with that definition of quality and of course a manufacturers goal is to determine the wants of their customers and meet those expectations. This does not meet quality standards, which is clearly why Ford is giving away the $495 sound deadening headliner.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very few end users agree with that definition of quality and of course a manufacturers goal is to determine the wants of their customers and meet those expectations. This does not meet quality standards, which is clearly why Ford is giving away the $495 sound deadening headliner.
Well, what are the "quality standards"?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@ PREMiERdrum-Hope you can shed some light on this question. My OBX was delivered to dealer today 7/13, delivery is tomorrow. It had a 625 blend and was built 629 during that crazy rainstorm when MAP was shutdown.
The driver side rear window has the word "WATER" in white marker written on it from MAP.
Is this just a coincidence or something to look into?
I'm sure it's fine. Everything is fine. Just please STAY PUMPED!