Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of people asking about their builds being "stuck" in the "in production" phase on the tracker.

The tracker just isn't be updated to reflect shipping status until long after the fact. In the vast majority of cases, your builds have been released to shipment and are on the way.

Your dealer will have a "pre arrival notice" that isn't connected to the public-facing tracker system in any way, so they can give you a better answer.
My dealer is 11 miles from MAP!
I assume it’s probably not released for shipment!
Sponsored

ThunderMtn

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a yeti cooler and 2 pelican coolers. Just in case you are not aware … these high end coolers are tanks and very insulated. I wonder if the same technology could be use to build the bronco tops. Essentially they are molded in coolers and you can have whatever color you want as in you can have white.
Sounds like we need Yeti to come out with a white MIC bronco roof! Of course it would cost as much as the rest of the vehicle… 🤣

ThunderMtn

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do we know what the mic top will look like in 10 years?
This question was probably answered many times in other threads, but if so I missed it. If the MIC looks crappy down the road (several years), can the modular hardtop be swapped in without a significant retrofit to the mounts and electrical/wiper controls?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am pretty sure the latches and electrical/wiper controls are identical from MIC to MOD. why would Ford make them different? Making them different means the attachment points on the bronco side would have to be different.

This question was probably answered many times in other threads, but if so I missed it. If the MIC looks crappy down the road (several years), can the modular hardtop be swapped in without a significant retrofit to the mounts and electrical/wiper controls?

Last edited:

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. SMC has been used for automotive production body panels since 1984.

Blow molded HDPE hasn't.
My 77 GMC Motorhome has SMC body panels that were in production in 1973.

Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only Webasto was still producing MIC tops in the original horrid light gray color... i could probably have convinced myself to stick with a soft top. :\

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 77 GMC Motorhome has SMC body panels that were in production in 1973.
I don't doubt it.

With the Pontiac Fiero, GM was the first to introduce the use of SMC body panels for high-rate production automotive body panels, which is now widespread in the industry.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like we need Yeti to come out with a white MIC bronco roof! Of course it would cost as much as the rest of the vehicle… 🤣
It might be a bit heavy too...

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That seems a little high. It runs down the same line as the Ranger. My guess would be 700 Broncos a day. Where are you getting that number?
It has been reported here that the Bronco Body Shop produces 200 fully painted Bronco Bodies per shift or a total of 400 for both shifts at full production. Look at Premiumdrum Posts.

OR/Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Badlands / Hard / Non-Sasq. / 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received my 2dr Badlands last week and noticed a warp in the roof, there have been several small leaks from the plastic cover for the side curtain airbag while we have had pretty consistent rain. was finally able to remove the top today and the front seam is literally splitting into 2 pieces! This truck was delivered last weds, my roof looks worse than any I have seen so far. Dealer wants to have the truck back for a full day. not sure why pictures can't be enough to get a new passenger side panel on order. the split is about 7" long now but looks like its about to get much larger.

20211106_102757.jpg

20211113_132557.jpg

BRONCOlez

Wildtrak
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Lincoln Nautilus, Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I guess the silver lining if Ford is catching these “bad roofs” and holding the units back. I have to assume their QC is working, as your roof looks pretty good!
Fast forward to 2023 and my bronco is 2 months old and the top is cracking on it. I made a post about it. Apparently it happens a lot still. I thought they fixed the issue or they gave me a bad top for my wildtrak. I haven’t even taken it off or off road and it’s got stress marks and cracks all over.
Sponsored