First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 11 months, I finally took delivery of my 2 door Badlands, and loving it! Ordering the Mid package, the MIC roof was supposed to include the additional sound deadening. Upon delivery the sound dreading was not installed. The only response from the dealer was that it was an option and claimed that I must not have included in my order. However it was on my order form, but not specifically called out on the DORA. It was also listed on the order form the sales manager showed me as ‘O/A’ (Option/Automatic Add) under the Mid package. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like they entered in something wrong. Thankfully in the grand scheme of mix-up's, this is not too bad and can be fixed. Whether it's OEM or aftermarket, there's all sorts of sound deadening that can be installed. It'll just come down to if the dealership owns up to the mistake and makes it right or not.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, It is a free option on Badlands 2 doors, and one other platform I believe (it is not an automatic add)... you had to check a box to have it included for free. I have not missed having it so far (3 week owner 2 door badlands). Aftermarket it costs $400 plus...

Last edited:

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
had the same thing with mine - dealer didnt really know what they were doing and in the conversion from '21 to '22 they didn't add the sound deadening.

i have it on order for $400 or whatever it is but its been a couple months with no luck..

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have a picture?
I don't think my 2021 had sound deadening, even though it was supposed to.
My 2022 has really well done sound deadening, which looks completely different.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the WT, it's included on High and Lux, not Mid.

Ford Bronco Delivered without MIC roof sound deadening Equi

It's not included as an automatic feature, but it's a free option if you just checked the box that you wanted it.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine came without the sound deadening even though I wanted/ordered it. I don’t miss it and I seriously doubt it does much noise attenuation. My daughter’s Bronco has it and she thought mine was quieter, though the two Broncos are different models, packages and power plants. It’s just a very thin layer of open cell foam. My concern would be longevity (exposed foam does not age well) and maintenance/cleaning of it. The bare underside of the MIC is smooth and easy to keep clean. I’m glad my Badlands, SAS, 2.7L, Lux doesn’t have it.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine came without the sound deadening even though I wanted/ordered it. I don’t miss it and I seriously doubt it does much noise attenuation. My daughter’s Bronco has it and she thought mine was quieter, though the two Broncos are different models, packages and power plants. It’s just a very thin layer of open cell foam. My concern would be longevity (exposed foam does not age well) and maintenance/cleaning of it. The bare underside of the MIC is smooth and easy to keep clean. I’m glad my Badlands, SAS, 2.7L, Lux doesn’t have it.
Which one doesn’t have it? Your two-door or the four-door?

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which one doesn’t have it? Your two-door or the four-door?
Both 4 doors. One an Outer Banks, Mid, 2.3. Mine a Badlands, Lux, 2.7. The OBX came with MIC sound deadening.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can just order it. Part VM2DZ-58521A03-U.
Sponsored