Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's one for The Collective...

Back in '02 when I was anxiously waiting delivery of my F-350 7.3L PSD, I hung out on forddiesel.com. (Since renamed, as Ford had copyright concerns... but that's history.) There was a pretty comprehensive, community generated "Delivery Checklist" of all the little niggles and what not to check for when picking up the trucks. Things that were known to be problems from the factory, loose stuff mostly, "make sure x is tight, make sure y is loose, make sure z doesn't squeak, make sure <thing> <does/not> <whatever>" but there was about 50-60 items on there.

Now granted, Factory Warranty and all, but still it was kinda cool. Especially when I let sales-guy know I'd be bringing a flashlight, the list, and need "a few moments alone" with the truck before I took delivery of it - haha. He actually asked me to email it over to him so he could use it on other new trucks.

Anyway, it totally may not matter, and the Bronco situation is... um.... let's say "fluid".

Just wondering if there was such a thing floating around, would it be worth putting one together, or just "screw it, just gimme my Bronco" ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TurkeyRun

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Doh!) “search first”

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's one for The Collective...

Back in '02 when I was anxiously waiting delivery of my F-350 7.3L PSD, I hung out on forddiesel.com. (Since renamed, as Ford had copyright concerns... but that's history.) There was a pretty comprehensive, community generated "Delivery Checklist" of all the little niggles and what not to check for when picking up the trucks. Things that were known to be problems from the factory, loose stuff mostly, "make sure x is tight, make sure y is loose, make sure z doesn't squeak, make sure <thing> <does/not> <whatever>" but there was about 50-60 items on there.

Now granted, Factory Warranty and all, but still it was kinda cool. Especially when I let sales-guy know I'd be bringing a flashlight, the list, and need "a few moments alone" with the truck before I took delivery of it - haha. He actually asked me to email it over to him so he could use it on other new trucks.

Anyway, it totally may not matter, and the Bronco situation is... um.... let's say "fluid".

Just wondering if there was such a thing floating around, would it be worth putting one together, or just "screw it, just gimme my Bronco" ?
Mine is on the way right now, so I would be very interested. Here’s my contribution:
1. Check MIC top seams and for snakeskin.
2. Test window when door opens and closes.
3. Make sure wheel lock lugs installed (if ordered)
4. See if there are any star filings (one step
before a recall).

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is on the way right now, so I would be very interested. Here’s my contribution:
1. Check MIC top seams and for snakeskin.
2. Test window when door opens and closes.
3. Make sure wheel lock lugs installed (if ordered)
4. See if there are any star filings (one step
before a recall).
where do you find “star”filings

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
where do you find “star”filings
Star filings or reports, are called different things at different manufacturers. Dodge always had star reports. I would do an internet search and find them mostly. The dealerships know about them, but don’t advertise for obvious reasons.

It is basically a report that is made in house, within an automotive brand , when a certain problem is starting to surface enough to get attention. The problem however, is not frequent enough to justify a recall. Star reports will have a number identifying it. Within that report is a description of the problem and a “fix.”

I used one of these star reports to have a Dodge dealership fix a problem I had with my Challenger. They actually payed for the fix. I printed it off the internet and brought it to the service manager. Most likely, the Bronco hasn’t been on the road long enough to have star reports yet, but it is good to know for future reference. It will save you a ton of time, trouble and headaches.
Sponsored