First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So my delivery date was originally scheduled for Dec 14-20, then it got pushed back to Jan 3-9th due to lack of truck drivers from the port, and now the delivery date has been pushed back again to Feb 20-26. I just got an email from my dealer stating that Ford sent the Broncos without microchips and the delay is due to them waiting for the microchips to be installed at the port. I have attached the email from my dealer and my deliveremails from Ford.

Has anyone else heard of this issue?
I was expecting delivery for over a month and it seems ridiculous that my car is waiting at the port without a microchip!

Ford Bronco Delivery Delay Questions… C232B2BB-E754-4FF2-8903-96C93B59291E

Ford Bronco Delivery Delay Questions… 967DD956-F5C1-4A4E-8F44-7E8FF24C93D0

Ford Bronco Delivery Delay Questions… 47106055-A6F5-4D81-9AB3-5B13FF5BD062

Ford Bronco Delivery Delay Questions… A3F7EF33-86B3-4ACA-828D-F48C661D092B
Sponsored

Last edited:

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

damn dude hope they get that chip soon!

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So my delivery date was originally scheduled for Dec 14-20, then it got pushed back to Jan 3-9th due to lack of truck drivers from the port, and now the delivery date has been pushed back again to Feb 20-26. I just got an email from my dealer stating that Ford sent the Broncos without microchips and the delay is due to them waiting for the microchips to be installed at the port. I have attached the email from my dealer and my deliveremails from Ford.

I was expecting delivery for over a month and it seems ridiculous that my car is waiting at the port without a microchip!

I want to know how I email them and find out where mine is.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not surprising and yeh totally sucks but I have heard these stories of other manufactures as well. And OH GREAT mine is done and the delivery dates have changed once so far.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that is surprising that the shipped them before installation of the chips. Especially to so cal. The only one that I can think of that would complete is the dealer. I have heard of vehicles waiting chips but to deliver seem very odd. Who else would complete in so cal???

Sponsored

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that is surprising that the shipped them before installation of the chips. Especially to so cal. The only one that I can think of that would complete is the dealer. I have heard of vehicles waiting chips but to deliver seem very odd. Who else would complete in so cal???

Yeah, very suspect.
Just how is it a vehicle can ship while missing a key component.
Perhaps there has been a change to the original chips and Ford is quietly swapping out the old with newer? That might explain the post-shipment trade and not so much a "missing" chip.:unsure:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, thats the first documented story I've read of chip delays on Broncos. Last year delays were all part commodity shortages. However, your delay is not "ridiculous" or a sign of Ford's incompetence. They're doing the best they can in this era. I'm sure you saw the stories of F150 delivery delays, due to chip shortages, last Summer, with thousands of trucks stored in lots.

Your dealer is to be commended for their direct and honest communication with you and other customers, once they understood the reason for the delay. That's refreshing.

About 4,000 of us experienced a 3 month+ delay in our MIC top Bronco deliveries last Summer & Fall. It was especially difficult when Ford was not acknowledging the reason for the mysterious delay. I understand your frustration. Mine was Built July 22, and it was August when Ford explained the issue and the timeline. I managed my expectations by deciding I might get it by Thanksgiving, maybe Christmas, and by cognitively avoiding negative blame thoughts against Ford. Ford wants to deliver vehicles.

I finally received my vehicle October 21, 3 months after build, which was "early". Its well worth waiting for. Hopefully, you'll find a way to manage your wait, and the uncertainty, and You, Ford and your dealer will be glad when you finally take delivery . . . They dont get their money until then!
Sponsored