Sponsored

Delivery Mileage - How much is too much?

How many miles are too many?

• Total voters

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most come in with 4-6 miles, dealer is supposed to put a couple on doing PDI, so 6 would be common. However, some come in with more, some have 10, some are picked for test drive at the plant and have 20-50, and once in a while (although very rare) we'll see 100ish miles. This could be more likely on the early build units. If they are on quality hold, they can be driven several times to move them for storage and repairs. Look at the F-150's being stored in Dearborn right now as an example.

As to the Fordpass, it won't work, vehicle will be in transport mode, that turns off all the power draws to keep them from needing jump starts.
It worked for the other poster. And the vehicle has got to be powered on to drive on and off the transport vehicle. All I know is I’m gonna do it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RiverRat001

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two more data points, the Sports that were just delivered to my local dealership had 28 and 7 miles on them when they took pictures. They could’ve been driven a bit before pictures, but that tells me it’s not unreasonable to want it under 10.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think the boys over at Granger are going to have time to joy ride ? feeling better and better about moving the reservation haha

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fwiw, the cars have a 'factory mode' that disables certain features to prevent battery drain. It will be disabled manually or automatically after 125 miles are driven. I don't know if the odometer resets at this point or not, I'm guessing no.
Sponsored