Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this has been discussed once, but a while ago and I can’t find the thread again. I have a build week of 4/4, and wondering how long from then it usually takes to arrive at a So Cal dealer?

I’ll be unable to pick it up from the dealer for a two week time frame starting the end of April. So I’m hoping it arrives before or after that. I don’t want to chance the dealer selling it to someone off the street while I’m unavailable.

Previous experiences, suggestions, etc all appreciated!
Sponsored

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
have you tried talking to your dealer about it? tell them your situation and maybe get a written proof that they will hold it until you get back. Maybe sign some paperwork before hand to prove you'll be purchasing it.

OP
OP
805BaseSquatch

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

have you tried talking to your dealer about it? tell them your situation and maybe get a written proof that they will hold it until you get back. Maybe sign some paperwork before hand to prove you'll be purchasing it.
This is a great idea, and something I plan to do. Just haven’t reached out to the dealer yet.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even though I'm in Oregon, my bronco went down to LA and came up north, correction still coming up north. It took about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks or so from the time it was made to get to CA. There are many variables can can make it faster or slower but I'd guess around that

OP
OP
805BaseSquatch

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also curious if it is possible to pick it up directly from the factory and drive it home?

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also curious if it is possible to pick it up directly from the factory and drive it home?
unfortunately no, it has to make it to the dealer. Your purchasing it from the dealer, not directly from ford so they have to acquire it from ford and get it on their books, which they won't do till they have it in their possession, then you can purchase it from them.

OP
OP
805BaseSquatch

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

unfortunately no, it has to make it to the dealer. Your purchasing it from the dealer, not directly from ford so they have to acquire it from ford and get it on their books, which they won't do till they have it in their possession, then you can purchase it from them.
I was assuming so. It was a fun thought for a moment.

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It took mine approx 2 1/2 months to get from MAP to San Diego. At one point it was sitting on a rail car without movement for 21 days. Then it sat at my dealer about another 2 weeks waiting for a chip. As Rex said, it totally varies. There were others in my build week from SoCal and for some it only 3 weeks from ship to delivery.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took mine approx 2 1/2 months to get from MAP to San Diego. At one point it was sitting on a rail car without movement for 21 days. Then it sat at my dealer about another 2 weeks waiting for a chip. As Rex said, it totally varies. There were others in my build week from SoCal and for some it only 3 weeks from ship to delivery.
Wow, and I thought MY ship time was long! Mine was shipped on 9/9 and I took ownership on 10/6. It stalled quite a lot during the beginning. CSX was able to get it to the Chicago beltway interchange where it sat for a solid four days, once it was onto BNSF railraod, it made slow progress for another 10 days or so flowing south through Kansas City. After that, it was basically moving two states a day. It waited a solid 4-5 days as the San Diego railyard before Gosch Ford in Esconsdido got called to have their carrier retrieve it. Some folks in the build week after me got theirs much faster. There is an auto depot for BNSF in Riverside, and in San Diego. One of those two will be your landing zone before its hauled to dealer.

Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built November 11, 2021 and shipped

Expected between November 30, 2021, and December 6, 2021
Passed Las Vegas on accident and went to LA

Updated delivery between December 13, 2021, and December 19, 2021.

Picked it up on December 15th

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like I'm the latest here. Blend to Build 3/4-3/6. Shipped 3/8 or 3/9. EDD to Temecula Gosch Ford, 3/22-3/28. Can't count on dealers for delivery times. I was told 4 wks, then 4-6wks, now it looks like 3-4wks. Of course this all depends on it getting out of MAP in a timely manner.

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine's headed through socal to Bakersfield. Been 3 weeks still not showing taken off at rail yard. It's pretty slow. Hopefully I won't need chips installed when it gets to dealer as well, ugh.

DeathbyPatience

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was build 11/16. Shipped 11/19. Arrived in SoCal 12/2. Sat in rail yard til 12/8. Picked up 12/8 in Los Angeles