Sponsored

Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review?

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? Img_2021_12_05_16_50_30

Anyone have this cargo area enclosure?

I saw it, briefly, on a TC Customs video and am wondering if anyone's got feedback on it. With a soft top on order, trying to find a decent way to keep gear in the back without resorting to Fort Knox.
Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? Img_2021_12_05_16_50_30

I saw it, briefly, on a TC Customs video and am wondering if anyone's got feedback on it. With a soft top on order, trying to find a decent way to keep gear in the back without resorting to Fort Knox.
Yep, there are videos and direct experiences of people that have these installed on here. Take a search.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have one. While watching a Pickens Party of Five video where they install one on their bronco, I realized for the first time that if you install one in a soft top model, you must first remove the two side panels that cover the screws that hold the soft top in place. If you don't, there is no way to access those screws to fully remove the soft top. Additionally I have not tried to remove the soft top completely yet, but it appears extremely difficult to access those screws once the enclosure is in place even with the two panels removed. That said, it provides great security;nothing inside it can be seen and even if someone breaks into the interior through the doors or slashes the soft top, access into the enclosure is very difficult. And if you install the rear vault in addition to the enclosure, you have very good security.

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Pickens Party of 5 has an install video on YouTube...so far as I know folks seem to like them...I purchased mine from Levittown Ford, but have no idea when I'll have a Broonco to install it in...LOL...Day 2 reservation holder though if that's any consolation...

Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I watched the Pickens Party of 5 install video. It left me wondering about how the security works in the Bronco - if someone broke into the vehicle, is there a button in the front to unlock the back door? Or can you only unlock it with the FOB, or key, or FordPass App?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one installed on mien with a hard top. It’s a pretty good product. The only complaint i have is the sides come in a little bit at times making it a pain to close. Not a huge deal but enough to make me think about it every time i open it. Otherwise i love it.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm planning on getting the one with the fixed top. I don't have a need for the top that raises up.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have one installed on mien with a hard top. It’s a pretty good product. The only complaint i have is the sides come in a little bit at times making it a pain to close. Not a huge deal but enough to make me think about it every time i open it. Otherwise i love it.
I plan on eventually getting a hard top. Have you taken your hard top all the way off yet with the enclosure installed? And if not, can you tell how easy or difficult that will be? With my soft top it is very, very difficult to access the screws with the enclosure in place to fully remove the soft top.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No good if you want to fold the rear seats.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on eventually getting a hard top. Have you taken your hard top all the way off yet with the enclosure installed? And if not, can you tell how easy or difficult that will be? With my soft top it is very, very difficult to access the screws with the enclosure in place to fully remove the soft top.
It is very easy. It’s as easy as if it were not even installed because all the bolts for the hard top are on the top not on the inside like the soft. When i get some time ill take a picture so you can see what it looks like.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
knownhuman

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple people above mentioned this video - it does a pretty good job walking through and has me convinced on buying it.

I do wonder how it'll play with the subwoofer on the B&O system.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is very easy. It’s as easy as if it were not even installed because all the bolts for the hard top are on the top not on the inside like the soft. When i get some time ill take a picture so you can see what it looks like.
That's very kind of you, thank you! And great taste you have as your build is exactly like mine other than the top. I am looking forward to the pics. Thanks again!
Sponsored