Sponsored

Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review?

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question about rain getting in. If you have the soft top fully up and latched, but don't have side or rear windows installed, do you think much water would get in the back? My plan is to have the deluxe cargo enclosure and run a lot without the rear or side windows in. Top down, but if it rains, put the top up but leave windows off. Rain water while parked? and while driving? Anybody tried it?
Sponsored

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch LUX Softtop 4 Door Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the enclosure and from a security standpoint it is solid. However, it will restrict somewhat the amount of available space and if you watch the Pickens Party of Five installation video, they point out a critical issue. That is if you do not first remove the small plastic panels in the rear that cover the six bolts that hold the soft top in place prior to installation of the enclosure, you will not have access to them to fully remove the soft top. And even if you do, it is still difficult to access all of them especially since they can fall if you do not catch them as they become loose.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that got this enclosure, what was the lead time? When did you place the order for it and did it come with your bronco or separate?

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I watched the Pickens Party of 5 install video. It left me wondering about how the security works in the Bronco - if someone broke into the vehicle, is there a button in the front to unlock the back door? Or can you only unlock it with the FOB, or key, or FordPass App?
Ford has a lockout when the keys are not within proximity.

you can test this by rolling down your windows, locking the doors and put your fob more then 30ft away.

when you attempt to unlock it will flash an alert that locks are disabled.

check out our option at https://shop.diabolicalinc.com

7B1B45E5-CDC0-434C-8DC5-9259B8AE8608.jpeg

Sponsored

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is my concern. I have a 2-door and sometimes my Target or Costco trips get a little out of hand and I need to put down the seat to fit everything. I need a latch or something to open the section to the front when needed.
Watch our video here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-slipstream-security-enclosure.36087/post-1191526

We have a forward wall that can lay down for larger cargo. As well as a folding top that can be removed. All within just a 30-40 seconds.

cdubs70

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love mine. Plan on having the top and doors off all summer so it is perfect.
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? B3005763-ED6F-412A-9403-E9E2D36D5EB0
I love the look of them, but what 'cha got in all the bags? I didn't buy bags for mine because I don't know what I'd put in them.
Sponsored