Sponsored

Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's very kind of you, thank you! And great taste you have as your build is exactly like mine other than the top. I am looking forward to the pics. Thanks again!
Here’s some pics. Hope they help you!
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? 7F0C56ED-71DB-4AF0-9820-2DCAFD379FBE
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? B3BB7957-014B-439B-86D1-06C189A4A074
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? EC47ADB6-9E9B-4A1D-BBFA-7EB378CBF11F
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? A04B8646-C190-445E-9F49-16DBEAFD45E5
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? E8110704-AD1C-48F2-9F1F-5592487C686E
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? 8F2BFB4B-9846-46DB-933F-BEEACC69A598
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? FC41D5B1-61BE-4A52-A9DB-D669C5ADE315
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched the Pickens Party of 5 install video. It left me wondering about how the security works in the Bronco - if someone broke into the vehicle, is there a button in the front to unlock the back door? Or can you only unlock it with the FOB, or key, or FordPass App?
That's what I'm trying to figure out as well, but all of the relevant discussion I've found references the doors being off. I want to know how it works when going topless (but leaving the doors on).

Can you just reach into the vehicle, push a button, and unlock the tailgate (if you don't have the FOB)?
If so, it completely defeats why I was looking at this.

eurydice_96

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No good if you want to fold the rear seats.
This is my concern. I have a 2-door and sometimes my Target or Costco trips get a little out of hand and I need to put down the seat to fit everything. I need a latch or something to open the section to the front when needed.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my concern. I have a 2-door and sometimes my Target or Costco trips get a little out of hand and I need to put down the seat to fit everything. I need a latch or something to open the section to the front when needed.
Someone said you can. I don't see how if the front part of that attaches to the seatbacks....but I don't know how it attaches.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone said you can. I don't see how if the front part of that attaches to the seatbacks....but I don't know how it attaches.
The enclosure has a front panel (molle) that is in place so you can lower the seats and it's still secure. Also if you lock the doors with to top down, they can't unlock by using the buttons on the door (they are disabled by the system when locked)

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what I'm trying to figure out as well, but all of the relevant discussion I've found references the doors being off. I want to know how it works when going topless (but leaving the doors on).

Can you just reach into the vehicle, push a button, and unlock the tailgate (if you don't have the FOB)?
If so, it completely defeats why I was looking at this.
Someone responded in another thread that, like most cars, after a short amount of time when locking the doors, the switches go inactive without the FOB. I think that’s part of the answer - now, we need verification that there isn’t a manual non-electronic unlock mechanism for the back.

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am considering it, but it definitely has some pros and cons. I like the security, but it does seem to restrict the flexibility of use. I am going to wait until I've had my Bronco awhile to see how I use it and where my priority needs are: security or expanded storage/open space configuration. I already have a security lock box for the front console and I may get one for the back if I don't buy a cargo enclosure.

Hhanselman

Badlands
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
from watching the installation video, I am curious if one can just leave the back panel off … not looking for Fort Knox, mostly looking to keep prying eyes out of my rear compartment, and still drop the rear seats if I am hauling something longer, or bigger.

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one installed on mien with a hard top. It’s a pretty good product. The only complaint i have is the sides come in a little bit at times making it a pain to close. Not a huge deal but enough to make me think about it every time i open it. Otherwise i love it.
The sides sticking out towards the back of the vehicle is a really bad design flaw. They should have put some metal tabs that attach to the brackets that the soft top sets on as that would have remedied it.

It makes it hard to close and gauges it every time you open and close it. I resorted to putting felt along the edge for that reason.

Also, one of the bolt locations for the backside is almost impossible to get to and then, not without scratching the side of the vehicle wall. Move it over a .25 inches and problem solved. I cannot figure out how these engineers design things so poorly and that they get to market that way.

Last edited:

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone responded in another thread that, like most cars, after a short amount of time when locking the doors, the switches go inactive without the FOB. I think that’s part of the answer - now, we need verification that there isn’t a manual non-electronic unlock mechanism for the back.
I am not sure what the time is, but eventually after locking the electric locks cannot be used without the FOB. A message will display on the screen and say “switches inhibited security mode”

There is no way to manually unlock the rear door, at least from outside the cargo area, and the cargo enclosure can only be unbolted from inside the enclosure.

Last edited:

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pickens Party of 5 has an install video on YouTube...so far as I know folks seem to like them...I purchased mine from Levittown Ford, but have no idea when I'll have a Broonco to install it in...LOL...Day 2 reservation holder though if that's any consolation...
I thought the one Pickens installed was a fixed top. Not a lift top? Or am I mistaken?

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

cdubs70

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Several answers, and sorry if I reanswer...

Save the $100 install. You can do this yourself. Watch the video that everyone references. It's far better than the directions.

No doors, no top, there is no button to push to unlock. The unlock buttons are on the doors. But more than that, the car stays locked when you lock it, and without the fob, the trunk won't open. Same as on my JK.

This is a solid addition to the Bronco if you have a soft top, or if you are going to pull the doors. In my opinion, it's somewhat critical. It is also fairly simple to remove the lid, or the whole thing if you need the space. I wouldn't suggest doing it every day, but i assume I will want the security 90% of the time, so the 10% where I pull pieces of it out of the back are manageable.

Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? BB39DF5B-FDB0-4A11-9FA3-670B1308B76E_1_105_c
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? F4623134-F50E-4B27-B000-438330C31631_1_105_c
Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Lid Cargo Area Enclosure - feedback / review? 17EA0336-EFDF-40F7-A007-26773DA5DB7A_1_201_a
Sponsored