First Name
brett davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was lucky enough to demo a Bronco Badlands twice this year for a total of around 5 days each time. I would like to share the good and bad compared to my 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon.
Good
1. Bronco with the sasquatch package handles great comparted to the Jeep, HWY speeds 75+ never missed a beat. Love the FIS front independent suspension.
2. Great power and toque, lots of fun.
3. Super roomy in the cab, I'm 6'3"and had plenty of room during a 4 hour road trip.
4. Love the tailgate hydro assist is great (compared to Jeep).
5. Seats are very comfortable (cloth), my order will have leather trimmed and heated.
CONS
1. Soft top is very loud and whistles when up and down at HWY speeds
2. Soft-top is very difficult to put back up and Velcro does not seem to hold down top correctly. I can install my hardtop on jeep in half the time. Canceled soft top for hardtop even though dealer said it will take longer.
3. The doors are very badly designed to remove, hinge bolts on top going in from bottom, if not tightened correctly will fallout and door will be out of alinement (demo did this when picking up from dealer had to find my own bolt at home). Also drivers upper hinge mount to body flexing and popping probably loose. No tools supplied for removal of bolts (like Jeep), and no storage for removed hardware. Poorly engineered.
4. Ford Sync 4 is absolutely a piece of garbage, this vehicle came with the Mid package, stereo was trash. Head unit would lock up and had to shut off Bronco and let sit for a min to reset system (dealer is aware of this issue no fix).
5. Last shock mounts are placed in front of axel, is very bad when off-roading due to potential damaging mounting brackets, definitely going to get aftermarket protection, or make my own.

Ford Bronco Demo Badlands Bronco compared to my 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon bronco
Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lucky enough to demo a Bronco Badlands twice this year for a total of around 5 days each time. I would like to share the good and bad compared to my 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon.
Good
1. Bronco with the sasquatch package handles great comparted to the Jeep, HWY speeds 75+ never missed a beat. Love the FIS front independent suspension.
2. Great power and toque, lots of fun.
3. Super roomy in the cab, I'm 6'3"and had plenty of room during a 4 hour road trip.
4. Love the tailgate hydro assist is great (compared to Jeep).
5. Seats are very comfortable (cloth), my order will have leather trimmed and heated.
CONS
1. Soft top is very loud and whistles when up and down at HWY speeds
2. Soft-top is very difficult to put back up and Velcro does not seem to hold down top correctly. I can install my hardtop on jeep in half the time. Canceled soft top for hardtop even though dealer said it will take longer.
3. The doors are very badly designed to remove, hinge bolts on top going in from bottom, if not tightened correctly will fallout and door will be out of alinement (demo did this when picking up from dealer had to find my own bolt at home). Also drivers upper hinge mount to body flexing and popping probably loose. No tools supplied for removal of bolts (like Jeep), and no storage for removed hardware. Poorly engineered.
4. Ford Sync 4 is absolutely a piece of garbage, this vehicle came with the Mid package, stereo was trash. Head unit would lock up and had to shut off Bronco and let sit for a min to reset system (dealer is aware of this issue no fix).
5. Last shock mounts are placed in front of axel, is very bad when off-roading due to potential damaging mounting brackets, definitely going to get aftermarket protection, or make my own.

Ford Bronco Demo Badlands Bronco compared to my 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon bronco
You demoed a Big Bend not Badlands. Badlands does not have cloth (Pro 5)

Con 1 and 2 - as a demo unit the fit and finish was not at the level of full production units. The whistling is typically from a larger than intended gap on the side view mirrors. The early soft tops were sometimes installed incorrectly or sloppily. There should be straps that hold them down and make sure you put the top all the way down so it clicks into place.

Con 3 - There is a Bronco tool kit that comes with production units that has its own pouch. Being a demo it either didn't come with one at all or the dealer has it.

Con 4 - not sure as I have used several but only for a day each and had no issues. Maybe needs to be reset by dealer.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
well here we go again...

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MARGE... PUT THE POPCORN IN THE MICROWAVE!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let's not forget there was a whistle associated with the Big Bend grill, which the picture shows.
Sponsored