Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not. Over at blueovalforums there is a Ford Insider who will drop little tidbits on upcoming Ford vehicles. So far most of his stuff has been about the Mach-E (which they work on) the F-150 and the Baby Bronco. Below is one of his posts. Given that it's late October, would seem logical that we'd be seeing the Baby Bronco in November along with the Mach-E. This would also fall in line with TFL and their reporting of the "Bronco to be revealed in November". Of course they misinterpreted that and assumed it was the BroncoBronco when in reality it was the Baby Bronco.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...and-baby-bronco/&tab=comments#comment-1075400

When do they get shown publicly?

Mach E in November. Most likely LA auto show.

Baby bronco not sure but its launching prior to Mach E so sometime "soon",

Also wait till you see the new Ford F150. The Interior is absolutely HOT.

By end of 2020 Ford will have some absolutely cool and hot products selling.

Edited September 11 by averagengineer

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not. Over at blueovalforums there is a Ford Insider who will drop little tidbits on upcoming Ford vehicles. So far most of his stuff has been about the Mach-E (which they work on) the F-150 and the Baby Bronco. ...
Apparently I didn't dig far enough back into the thread history. He claims that the baby is going to have at least one e-locker, and be revealed before the electrostang in November.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they misinterpreted that and assumed it was the BroncoBronco when in reality it was the Baby Bronco
I think the confusion is only just beginning

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My buddy said he hasn’t had a part in the baby bronco and that it was “just his guess” that it won’t be revealed before the big bronco. It’s possible it could be, with a tease of the big Bronco in November? For a full reveal in June. Could be possible? I have to imagine with all the buzz we will at least get some sort of tease of the bronco bronco before the camo prototypes become visible.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On 8/15/2019 at 6:53 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Wouldn't shock me if there are any and they're only out at night like the Bronco prototypes.
That could be a good explanation too. I had been thinking they were just disguised too well to be recognized.

The camera ninjas will need to up their hardware game I guess. :camera:

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bet is the Baby Bronco is shown first in similar fashion to when the real deal was under the tarp. Only this time is the true real deal (forget what the early test cars are called pre pilot production) under the tarp perhaps showing some leg or something. Maybe some images thrown into a video to get the excitement going even more. November for that and sometime in Q1 for the full release minus all the details such as options, HP, price etc.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/10/ford-bronco-and-bronco-sport-names-and-dates/

TTAC reporting a November or December reveal for the Bronco, base trim to be called “Sixty-Six”, “Baby” to be called the “Bronco Sport” and will be released next Fall. I trust TTAC more than I do Fordauthority but still taking this with a grain of salt.

I do like the “Sixty-Six” base model, I’m super curious what that entails. Manual trans, cloth/vinyl seats and 2-tone paint scheme? The “Sixty-Six” came with a 170 Cubic inch I6, (2.7l) so maybe a 2.7 liter V6 in store?

Just a random thought too... anyone else noticed a COMPLETE lack of the “frankenranger” recently? It’s been a long time since we’ve seen one, so I assume our next prototype we see will be an actual Bronco under heavy cladding. I know there were some rumors floating around that the first prototypes will be out and about in the fall so very possible we see a production prototype in the next month or two.

Last edited:

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That timeline doesn't align with anything Ford has done recently for new model reveals, aka show it but don't sell it for over a year later. If they give us some more crumbs in Nov/Dec with unveil in mar/April that would fall more in line. I still lean towards sport before end of year and bronco in January with Job 1 10 or so months later.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do like the “Sixty-Six” base model,
We seem to be inching away from "inspired by" and moving towards "revived"....how in the world could they NOT have a 2-tone paint scheme??? :)

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That timeline doesn't align with anything Ford has done recently for new model reveals, aka show it but don't sell it for over a year later. If they give us some more crumbs in Nov/Dec with unveil in mar/April that would fall more in line. I still lean towards sport before end of year and bronco in January with Job 1 10 or so months later.
I agree completely. Based on everything coming out I assume we will get SOMETHING before the end of the year,I highly doubt a full reveal but there is too much buzz to not expect something before January.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
We seem to be inching away from "inspired by" and moving towards "revived"....how in the world could they NOT have a 2-tone paint scheme??? :)
:fingerscrossed:

If they have a “revived” Bronco that looks like this I don’t think I’ll be able to stop myself from pre-ordering one.
332138C8-5D31-4022-9D87-2F6E81027AB6.jpeg

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/10/ford-bronco-and-bronco-sport-names-and-dates/

TTAC reporting a November or December reveal for the Bronco, base trim to be called “Sixty-Six”, “Baby” to be called the “Bronco Sport” and will be released next Fall. I trust TTAC more than I do Fordauthority but still taking this with a grain of salt.

I do like the “Sixty-Six” base model, I’m super curious what that entails. Manual trans, cloth/vinyl seats and 2-tone paint scheme? The “Sixty-Six” came with a 170 Cubic inch I6, (2.7l) so maybe a 2.7 liter V6 in store?

Just a random thought too... anyone else noticed a COMPLETE lack of the “frankenranger” recently? It’s been a long time since we’ve seen one, so I assume our next prototype we see will be an actual Bronco under heavy cladding. I know there were some rumors floating around that the first prototypes will be out and about in the fall so very possible we see a production prototype in the next month or two.
10-12 months seems like an awfully long time between reveal and build. Ford usually goes for 4-6 months, with a little window in the middle for reviewers and auto show previews. Maybe in Nov they'll officially give us a glimpse of the baby instead of the Vegas leak, and a name hopefully. I kind of expect Vegas to be a bigger Mach-E opportunity, and the next F150 might be Chicago-ish.

Having the '66' as the base trim for something carrying Bronco names or logos sounds like a nice touch. Homage to the original Bronco, and maybe a little of the classic cross country adventure (Route 66).

I would be very surprised if the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" had an engine as powerful as the 2.7. The punchiest Escape engine for now is the 2.0L I4 (ignoring hybrid). I think there's some small chance it will have a larger engine option than the Escape twin, but probably not more than the 2.3 I4.

I've mentioned the lack of Frankenranger's before, and I still assume it's because they're transitioned over to prototype testing, but it is done deep in private Ford territory and we're not likely to get a photo-op parade for a few more months. Although if we do get to see one, it will likely be under heavy padded camouflage.
Sponsored