First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree they're referencing Nov/Dec 2020....but this sounds like a 3-5 month delay from what we've previously anticipated.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree they're referencing Nov/Dec 2020....but this sounds like a 3-5 month delay from what we've previously anticipated.
Still lines up with Carmaker1, he said it would be on lots in January or February 2021 nearly a year ago.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t think anybody is saying the reveal is that far out... they’re talking about December of this year.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think we need to be patient, over and over we are told that the new Bronco will be a solid performer with good looks. I’m convinced they will get it right. I quite frankly think Ford will own this market segment over time. Ford did not jump into this market by rebadging a soccer mom SUV, with an old name. I will wait for the right Bronco

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10-12 months seems like an awfully long time between reveal and build. Ford usually goes for 4-6 months, with a little window in the middle for reviewers and auto show previews. Maybe in Nov they'll officially give us a glimpse of the baby instead of the Vegas leak, and a name hopefully. I kind of expect Vegas to be a bigger Mach-E opportunity, and the next F150 might be Chicago-ish.
Based on the last five years of vehicle rollouts it's been pushing a year from press release till vehicles start shipping. I base most of that around timelines for the 350 and 500, but the new explorer falls into that timeline also.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Based on the last five years of vehicle rollouts it's been pushing a year from press release till vehicles start shipping
WOW...I hope it IS this Nov/Dec. Even an image under a Thinner tarp...or maybe covered in fog...or even partially obscured by a herd of zebras. I'm kinda tired of looking at that original tarp teaser.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on the last five years of vehicle rollouts it's been pushing a year from press release till vehicles start shipping. I base most of that around timelines for the 350 and 500, but the new explorer falls into that timeline also.
Uh ... no they don't.

The Explorer launch/release was in January 2019 and they became available for purchase over the summer of the same year, about 6 months.

Superduty, September 2019 press release, available a few months later.

Transit, March 2019 press release, available a few months later.

Escape, April 2019 press release, available a few months later.

The pattern seems fairly clear. Maybe they would bend/stretch it a little for a group of similarly branded vehicles, but a year seems highly unlikely -- and cutting one in the group short seems more probable than extending another by an extra 6 months lead, especially if the namesake model is the later one.

Most of these models, and the Mach-E and Bronco, were all part of the same 'freshest 2020 lineup' speech too.

Last edited:

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm kinda tired of looking at that original tarp teaser.
Me too!
Its been so damn long that I have been studying that tarp that when the bronco finally gets revealed I’m going to be pissed I convinced myself we were promised a free car cover.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh ... no they don't.

The Explorer launch/release was in January 2019 and they became available for purchase over the summer of the same year, about 6 months.

Superduty, September 2019 press release, available a few months later.

Transit, March 2019 press release, available a few months later.

Escape, April 2019 press release, available a few months later.

The pattern seems fairly clear. Maybe they would bend/stretch it a little for a group of similarly branded vehicles, but a year seems highly unlikely -- and cutting one in the group short seems more probable than extending another by an extra 6 months lead, especially if the namesake model is the later one.

Most of these models, and the Mach-E and Bronco, were all part of the same 'freshest 2020 lineup' speech too.
Available for purchase and on lots are two different things. Both my first 350 and explorer were ordered the day the banks opened and from official press release to my butt in the seat was right in the 10 month range. The 500 officially announced in January just went to production this month, it I'll be 11 months before someone actually has one.

Those models are also refreshes to an existing lineup not an all new vehicle, granted the explorer is all new ground up.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Available for purchase and on lots are two different things. ...
Those models are also refreshes to an existing lineup not an all new vehicle, granted the explorer is all new ground up.
"Butts in seats" isn't on the calendar -- that's the kind of detail that is dependent on mistakes made after the official debut/press release date. Official debut/press releases, and Job 1 dates are on the calendar and planned for and around -- those are things we can generally predict.

The Escape changed platforms too, just like the Explorer. Not that I think that makes any difference on the release date distance from the Job 1 date. That's the kind of detail that extends the timing before the release date.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since they're planning on launching December 2020 and in dealers in January/February, launching it at the Detroit Auto Show in June 2020 makes the most sense to me, though nothing I've read actually indicates that's what they're planning to do.
Sponsored