[Denied by Ford] TFL: Bronco will be revealed in second half of November

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I went to Moab for several events this past summer, half expecting to see a presence from Ford considering their focus on Jeep. Nothing would bring the fight to their doorstep more than a Moab event. Even though rockcrawling is expressly not the intent of the new Bronco, just showing up on Jeep's playground would be a bold statement.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to Moab for several events this past summer, half expecting to see a presence from Ford considering their focus on Jeep. Nothing would bring the fight to their doorstep more than a Moab event. Even though rockcrawling is expressly not the intent of the new Bronco, just showing up on Jeep's playground would be a bold statement.
Prototypes should be out in force strutting their stuff next spring and summer for sure.

It will be interesting to see which events and locations they make a point of being seen at.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I knew it was too soon to see any hardware. But maybe some folks gauging interest at some of the events. Perhaps they were there but just in a passive role.

Dub347sbf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco sport 302, 2013 F150 ecoboost 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn't it weird that Ford is going to reveal the baby bronco first? People that aren't car people or who don't keep up with the car news are going to think that's it and shrug right?

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what i was told by a ford rep that came to our facility. Production top hat prototypes should be on the road late this winter. They want to do lots of leak testing. Makes sense. We will probably see heavy camo preproduction vehicles. They will probably do most testing in closed facilities. He said "this thing is going above and beyond for ruggedness". I take it with a grain of salt coming from somebody who doesnt have any hands on with it. Just information from coworkers directly involved. I asked if it was going to be aluminum and didnt get much of an answer being as he was unsure. But im assuming doors, rear gate, hood and front fenders will be. If they truly are making it a rugged vehicle, everything will be made beefy. So cutting weight is important. Just my thoughts and limited info.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t know about y’all but I’ve been waiting for the new Bronco since seeing the 2004 concept. (When I was in elementary school computer lab was the first time I saw it.)

The fact that it seems in only a few months we are going to be seeing a full-fledged production prototype(even if under heavy camo) makes me so goddamn excited. It’s been a long wait but I have a feeling Ford has made it worth it.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't it weird that Ford is going to reveal the baby bronco first? People that aren't car people or who don't keep up with the car news are going to think that's it and shrug right?
So my buddy clarified with me that the Bronco and *unnamed small utility* will likely be revealed at the same event, or at least very close together. He doesn’t know that for a fact but just his guess.

In regards to the name of the baby Bronco, he said ford themselves have gone back and forth with the name and there has yet to be a decision. The internal name is still Maverick. He hasn’t worked closely on the baby bronco though so he isn’t sure which direction they are leaning in.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
waiting for the new Bronco since seeing the 2004 concept
"It's Deja Vu all over again!" '04 concept & '19 render

'04 Length / Width / Height: 4,078 mm (160.6 in) / 1,861 mm (73.3 in) / 1,790 mm (70.5 in)
'04 Wheelbase / Track (fr/r): 2,410 mm (94.9 in) / 1,586 mm (62.4 in) / 1,586 mm (62.4 in)

upload_2019-10-1_19-33-44.png

upload_2019-10-1_19-33-14.png

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what i was told by a ford rep that came to our facility. Production top hat prototypes should be on the road late this winter. They want to do lots of leak testing. Makes sense. We will probably see heavy camo preproduction vehicles. They will probably do most testing in closed facilities. He said "this thing is going above and beyond for ruggedness". I take it with a grain of salt coming from somebody who doesnt have any hands on with it. Just information from coworkers directly involved. I asked if it was going to be aluminum and didnt get much of an answer being as he was unsure. But im assuming doors, rear gate, hood and front fenders will be. If they truly are making it a rugged vehicle, everything will be made beefy. So cutting weight is important. Just my thoughts and limited info.
Hinging Components may be aluminum but I doubt the body will be. I have not heard anything about that internally at least. Aluminum is a good bit more expensive as a raw material so you really have to justify it in saving you cost somewhere else or adding capability.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my buddy clarified with me that the Bronco and *unnamed small utility* will likely be revealed at the same event, or at least very close together. He doesn’t know that for a fact but just his guess.

In regards to the name of the baby Bronco, he said ford themselves have gone back and forth with the name and there has yet to be a decision. The internal name is still Maverick. He hasn’t worked closely on the baby bronco though so he isn’t sure which direction they are leaning in.
This makes a lot of sense to me. Surely the small rugged ute will be available before the "Bronco Bronco" but it would be great for them to be revealed at the same event. For one it would easily clear up the role and market of each product (for the dull masses), and also be a sweet 1-2 punch to Jeep.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford really is committed to a shared naming convention, I'm sure they were intended to either be debuted together, or after the BroncoBronco.

With the main model delayed by 6 months or whatever I would just expect the baby's debut to be delayed until the BroncoBronco is ready for publication. Launching anything with the Bronco name on it before the BroncoBronco itself would just be asking for trouble.

snipes243

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 ford Bronco, 06 ford Ranger, couple of jeeps and F250
This makes sense on prototypes by winter. Today I was told we are suppose to start running some small production parts for this program and a few other new programs,

Dub347sbf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco sport 302, 2013 F150 ecoboost 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ok this is much better in my opinion, I hadn't heard this. Not as much confusion if the baby Bronco has Bronco in the name as long as the Bronco Bronco has been shown, like if it ends up Bronco Maverick instead of Maverick. Thank you!

Bricknose jav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco
You think they review anything about the Bronco in the thanksgiving car show in San Francisco
Sponsored