Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been with Phil Long since my reservation on Day 2 and have received numerous emails and calls throughout the whole process and never once was an additional deposit ever mentioned, even as I placed my order. They have been fantastic!!!
Not my experience with Phil Long. The day after I made my reservation (July 27), I got an email that "A representative is working on your request and would like to give you a call." I responded that I wasn't sure what they were working on since the Bronco wasn't available yet, but that I'd be happy to talk to someone. No one ever called and no emails.

Two months later, after finding B6G and learning about Granger, I decided to contact Phil Long about pricing and mentioned that some dealers were offering as much as $2K below invoice. I got a call back from Phil Long's internet sales manager. He told me that Phil Long would be selling at MSRP and that a certain dealer was being reported to Ford. Neither of us mentioned Granger, but I suspect he had heard of the Granger Oct offer.

A month later, I went to Phil Long to purchase a used car for my kid. The sales rep had looked up my name and knew I had a Bronco reservation so we chatted very briefly about that during the purchase process. I didn't really have questions at the time as I wasn't ready to get into pricing discussions yet.

Since then, not a peep from Phil Long. I made an Oct reservation with Granger that I intent to convert, but the July 28 reservation is still active with Phil Long. Perhaps Phil Long has written my off, assuming I will go with Granger, but I would still think I would at least get some sort of communication.

Edited to add: Since the point of the one call Phil Long made to me was to allude that the Granger deal was too good to be true and would be shut down by Ford, I lost interest in purchasing a Bronco from Phil Long. The call would have been much more successful had they focused on the advantages of buying local from Phil Long vs long distance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
any Costco discounts??
I haven't pushed the Costco deal yet, was waiting till it was May and was scheduled then push them since they cant do anything then really. Costco said they have to but who knows

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not my experience with Phil Long. The day after I made my reservation (July 27), I got an email that "A representative is working on your request and would like to give you a call." I responded that I wasn't sure what they were working on since the Bronco wasn't available yet, but that I'd be happy to talk to someone. No one ever called and no emails.
Was it Scott? That's my contact and he has been great the whole process and even contacted me on the weekends. Even talked after placing my order last month.

I got the automated email but knew that's what it was and didn't put 2 cents into that email at all.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it Scott? That's my contact and he has been great the whole process and even contacted me on the weekends. Even talked after placing my order last month.

I got the automated email but knew that's what it was and didn't put 2 cents into that email at all.
No. It was Shawn. Phil Long now has two hurdles if they want my business:
  1. Either offer a better deal or convince me that it is worthwhile to spend around $4K extra to buy from Phil Long vs Granger.
  2. Convince me that their initial attitude toward the Granger deal was not reflective of how they do business.
I have purchased many cars from Phil Long over the years because I was able to get a good price through them via some program or another. However, they have never done anything to make me feel like a valued customer. I'm pretty sure I would have received the same treatment had I been a first time customer. By now, I would have expected something like: Since this is the 10th car you have purchased from us, here is a free hat. Actually, the finance guy put such a hard sell for an extended warranty on the last car we bought for my wife, that she almost walked out on the deal. His strategy seemed to be to convince us that the brand new car we were buying was such a POS that it would be foolish to not purchase an extended warranty. Excuse me, but if the car is that bad, he should be talking us out of buying it altogether.

I haven't had my vehicles serviced at Phil Long in many years because I always felt they were trying to upsell me on other services I didn't need.

Last edited:

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Parker...grew up in Greenwood Village

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fellow Coloradans, let me know if you are buying from Granger and want to join our group buy shipping thread. Not everyone in the thread is using the shipping but you can join in the conversation and decide when it gets closer to your delivery date.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Littleton here. I started with autonation Littleton Ford, but they started playing games and not converting my reservation so I switched to Groove in centennial. So far I’ve been happy with their customer service.

Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also in Parker. Transferred my reservation to Granger after starting with Groove.
Can you elaborate on Groove’s shortfalls? I moved to them from Autonation who were plying games. I’d like to know what to watch out for with Groove.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you elaborate on Groove’s shortfalls? I moved to them from Autonation who were plying games. I’d like to know what to watch out for with Groove.
Didn’t deal with them directly outside of this exchange on Facebook. Their GM is a prick.

Ford Bronco Denver metro area roll call EC9EB3B4-3A89-43BF-86A5-0BC3C70E6972
Ford Bronco Denver metro area roll call Screenshot_20210217-204019_Chrome

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Didn’t deal with them directly outside of this exchange on Facebook. Their GM is a prick.

And we know Grangers allocation now. I'd interested to know Grooves. I bet you'd get a very different story from him now. ;)

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ll preface this with the fact I am a Feb 2021 reservation holder. So very late to the game.

Will only sell at MSRP and would not guarantee no ADM.

Not at all knowledgeable on the Bronco.

Incorrect order of my wife’s BS BL+BL, twice (said the errors were ours even though we had B&P printout in hand).

Told us we had to do reservation to order BS even though Ford.com not taking reservations on that vehicle.

Snarky response from sales manager when talking about my wife’s order.

Called to convert my reservation to order by telling me MY21 was likely, even though I said I want MY22

Frankly, they want my money without earning my business. Did the same when I bought my F150 from them a decade ago.
Sponsored