Sponsored

Depressed and Frustrated (WARNING: Reservation Rant inside)

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really getting frustrated and stretched thin here, and almost no one in my life understands.

I'm a car guy, like most of you on this forum, but this entire experience has become so much more frustrating than I could've foreseen. Ever since I was a teenager I have prided myself in my choice of vehicle and my ability to purchase it without any help. When I have a bad day, a drive in my car always cheered me up. Its an activity and passion of mine that is provided years of happiness and great memories.

I'm a July 2020 res, February 2021 order, October 2021 RE-order, and nothing. Not a peep from my dealer, not a word from Ford customer service, and no indication of timeline. I have called Ford Canada Customer Service monthly, dropped the hardtop, dropped the tow-packge. but just silence. I am told about the commodity restraints, I even work in automotive supply chain management so the restraints are not something new to me. But the piss-poor communication to passionate customers is unacceptable.

And the hardest part? I have a 15-minute drive to my office in the mornings and I see no less than 4 sasquatch 4 door broncos on my way to work. I don't even look at them anymore, I turn my head away. I'm happy for everyone who has a Bronco, I really am. I want to join all of you and post pictures, I want to show off my mods, I want to meet all of you at local events and geek out over builds. But instead I'm watching people take delivery of trucks without reservations.

@Ford Motor Company: Where is my bronco? Why am I seeing near-identical builds to mine? Why can't you just give me a timeline? SOMETHING!

Two years ago I was with all of you, reading every spy article, looking at the leaked pictures, watching the first ones land with reviewers and rewatching that Doug Demuro video a dozen times. I even have Bronco swag in my closet that I used to proudly wear, but I can't even look at it without getting a sadness wash over me.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but never in my life has a company taken my passion and excitement, and flipped it to almost a depressive and melancholic attitude toward a $60K truck. I literally just want to give Ford my money for their own product.

I don't want to cancel my order. I just want my Bronco @Ford Motor Company. Please, please clear out those reserved orders, or at the very least, just communicate.

EDIT 1: Guys thank you so much for the support. I love this community and all the kind words from everyone are nice to read. I wish @Ford cared enough about us to say something, but we're "all in this together"
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IB4 the people bashing 'Canadian' consumers for complaining. :ROFLMAO:

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well said. Lack of transparency and visibility into your reservation is Ford’s biggest issue. They give people nothing to satiate their curiosity or provide hope. Too many people placed an order are effectively ghosted.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s all about parts. They can barely hit 40 hours/wk at MAP. Matter of fact, they’re off yesterday and today. Life is about shortages right now. I’m sure the company wants to sell you the vehicle more than you want to buy it.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well said. Lack of transparency and visibility into your reservation is Ford’s biggest issue. They give people nothing to satiate their curiosity or provide hope. Too many people placed an order are effectively ghosted.
The ghosting thing is funny—seems to be about 50/50. I was ghosted, too. Then my Bronco just showed-up one day. I was so shocked over the phone with my saleswoman, she thought I didn’t want it for a minute.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you, customers being completely ghosted is at the centre of my issue. Especially when by now, deliveries have been made to dozens of local customers around me, evident by the number of Broncos I see on a daily basis.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really getting frustrated and stretched thin here, and almost no one in my life understands.

I'm a car guy, like most of you on this forum, but this entire experience has become so much more frustrating than I could've foreseen. Ever since I was a teenager I have prided myself in my choice of vehicle and my ability to purchase it without any help. When I have a bad day, a drive in my car always cheered me up. Its an activity and passion of mine that is provided years of happiness and great memories.

I'm a July 2020 res, February 2021 order, October 2021 RE-order, and nothing. Not a peep from my dealer, not a word from Ford customer service, and no indication of timeline. I have called Ford Canada Customer Service monthly, dropped the hardtop, dropped the tow-packge. but just silence. I am told about the commodity restraints, I even work in automotive supply chain management so the restraints are not something new to me. But the piss-poor communication to passionate customers is unacceptable.

And the hardest part? I have a 15-minute drive to my office in the mornings and I see no less than 4 sasquatch 4 door broncos on my way to work. I don't even look at them anymore, I turn my head away. I'm happy for everyone who has a Bronco, I really am. I want to join all of you and post pictures, I want to show off my mods, I want to meet all of you at local events and geek out over builds. But instead I'm watching people take delivery of trucks without reservations.

@Ford Motor Company: Where is my bronco? Why am I seeing near-identical builds to mine? Why can't you just give me a timeline? SOMETHING!

Two years ago I was with all of you, reading every spy article, looking at the leaked pictures, watching the first ones land with reviewers and rewatching that Doug Demuro video a dozen times. I even have Bronco swag in my closet that I used to proudly wear, but I can't even look at it without getting a sadness wash over me.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but never in my life has a company taken my passion and excitement, and flipped it to almost a depressive and melancholic attitude toward a $60K truck. I literally just want to give Ford my money for their own product.

I don't want to cancel my order. I just want my Bronco @Ford Motor Company. Please, please clear out those reserved orders, or at the very least, just communicate.
Order the identical build at a different dealership

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right there with you, can't wear the T-shirts anymore, can't even look at them. All I've gotten from Ford is empty promises, haven't gotten an email since the 2021/2022 conversion.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing some Broncos on the road means nothing.

It's like seeing some baby formula on the shelf.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now THIS is a sad story, as opposed to our newbie who order 2/2 and already sad and whiny.

Our stories and timelines are very similar, so I feel ya. No one knows where my 21 went...also re-ordered a 22...build date 6/3. ONLY my dealer has been helpful thru all this, and Ford tells them nearly nothing. They have to beat and scream and threaten to learn most anything. Ford sucks, Bronco rocks. That's a bumper sticker right there. Hope you get some news soon.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only we had someone (like say a proctologist, fish bowl cleaner or accountant) on here who could pontificate about their JIT manufacturing subject matter expertise to us.

Again.

Or maybe we will get lucky this time and OP will get to skip the lecture.

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now THIS is a sad story, as opposed to our newbie who order 2/2 and already sad and whiny.

Our stories and timelines are very similar, so I feel ya. No one knows where my 21 went...also re-ordered a 22...build date 6/3. ONLY my dealer has been helpful thru all this, and Ford tells them nearly nothing. They have to beat and scream and threaten to learn most anything. Ford sucks, Bronco rocks. That's a bumper sticker right there. Hope you get some news soon.
Its a sad story to me, maybe not to everyone. There are times I really wish I didn't love this thing as much as I do. Its almost a curse having my personality be so singularly focused on driving and cars.

I'm right there with you. I've always said that I will love this Bronco, but I will never give Ford my business again and will actively tell my story to anyone wanting to pursue a reserved Ford vehicle.

Supply chain is a valid excuse, lack of communication isn't.
Sponsored