Sponsored

Depressed and Frustrated (WARNING: Reservation Rant inside)

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the wait continues very much longer, there will be other options for us consumers who are looking to buy a " Bronco Type" 4x4. VW just announced they are reviving the "International Scout", timed for 2026:

May 11 - Volkswagen Group will launch an all-electric pick-up and rugged SUV in the United States. The decision of the Board of Management was confirmed today by the Supervisory Board of the Volkswagen Group.

The vehicles will be designed, engineered, and manufactured in the U.S. for American customers. To this end, a separate, independent company will be established in the U.S. this year as the Volkswagen Group moves the strong iconic U.S.-brand Scout into the electric vehicle space. The first prototypes are to be unveiled next year, and production is scheduled to start in 2026. The electrified Scout brand will be built upon a new technical platform concept which brings new pickup and RUV credibility beyond the existing Volkswagen Group portfolio.
Range anxiety on the trail? Screw that.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad the leafs couldn't give me a Stanley Cup!
Wow, you are screwed if you are in Bronco limbo while waiting for a Leafs cup. I was a Mid Atlantic Leafs fan my entire life, but I came to my senses a while back and wouldn’t bother to waste the electricity that powers my television to watch that bunch of perennial flops. Good luck.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am close to doing something similar, what about it doesn't satisfy you compared to a Bronco?
I have the 2 door, it is smaller than the Bronco, not much but enough. Biggest thing is I want factory 35's, only way to get that in a Jeep is the XR package, which is only available on the 4 door. Thought I'd be into the Jeep and just mod it with bigger tires/wheels but don't really want to mess with it as I plan on trading it for the Bronco one day. Plus every other vehicle I see seems to be a Jeep, and I really like the Bronco design over the Jeep

If you are in the 4 door camp the 4 door Rubi with the XR package would probably be pretty sweet.

TSGibbs

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Colorado, GSXR 750, Scott Genius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am also a July 2020 reservation holder, and order, and re-order person.
My wife and I were waiting on a painted black top. (Dealer submitted order with MIC top, so our Bronco is being shipped right now).
No worries as she has a Tiguan and likes it.
Anyway, I agree 1000% that the communication is bull....
I understand supply constraint, but communicating has nothing to do with that....nothing.
I work in public education in administration (commence to bashing).
We are not a product producing business. We are a people business.
If I communicated to my boss and co-workers like Ford communicates, I would have been fired years ago.
Yeah, Ford, you have us motor/gear/car heads hooked on this Bronco, but you can't do something as simple as send emails to update us. Especially now when email databases can be constructed by 5 year olds. It ain't hard to communicate, Ford.
Sheesh.....oh the humanity....

Sponsored

SethPoeski

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a 10/21 order holder with no reservation, and I'm getting antsy, so I can only imagine how you early res holders are feeling. This thread definitely bums me out and makes me sad for OP. I agree that Ford's lack of communication has been absolutely atrocious and is puzzling, but all I can do as a consumer is buy that vehicle when it arrives and go about my business. Ford keeps claiming they are on track to produce all MY22 ordered vehicles (though I highly, highly doubt that). If that's the case, we may all be in for a treat, but I wouldn't hold your breath..

As far as the Jeep talk - I also went to buy a Rubicon Unlimited because I'm driving a sports car that is climbing in miles, and want something offroad capable until the Bronco gets here. I honestly could not get into the Jeep.. small interior, drove terribly, weak acceleration and abysmal braking (though it was a 2017). Absolutely zero comparison to the Bronco. I may need to drive a 2021+ Ruby to know for sure, though. Either way, good luck OP, and I truly hope your Bronco gets delivered ASAP!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we need a group therapy session or support group. we can put pictures of Mike Levine and Jim Farley on punching bags and work out some frustrations. I realized I've been drinking a lot more over the past year, partly due to frustration and anger getting the best of me. My doc has also warned me my blood pressure is higher than it's ever been, and I'm sure this process is a factor (but I know it's not the only cause). But yeah, @Ford has absolutely screwed the pooch, and they continue to rub salt in the wounds by making NO efforts to start communicating with us. Instead, Levine keeps posting his ridiculous "this way to the weekend" tweets. Is that all he does? because I see NO communication coming from Ford, which is what his area of responsibility is. He must have blackmail on Farley, because I have no idea how that clown still has a job.
... and there goes the blood pressure again...

grrrrr

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the feelings and why you posted. We are the only ones that know the frustrations and all delays. I started talking about getting the Bronco to everyone in my circle within a few days of reserving.

July 2020. So when do you think you will get your Bronco?
I'm not sure when they will be produced but I reserved mine within 24 hours of the reservations opening so probably pretty soon after they start.

Sometime in the fall 2020. When are you getting your Bronco?
Ford said they should start production in April 2021 so given how early I reserved I will probably get it before this time next year.

December 2020. When are you getting your Bronco?
Well Ford started instituting dealer allocations and I am not sure where I might fall in line.

January 2021. Dealer confirms I am #104 out of there 109 allocations for 2021.

February 2021. When are you getting your Bronco?
I am within my dealer allocations and I ordered it in January but Ford had to move back the start of production so I don't think it will be by end of summer. I am hoping for around October maybe November.

June 2021. MIC top disaster.

August 2021. When are you getting your Bronco?
Well I ordered a two door and they only come with a hard top. The hard top manufacturer is screwed up and can't produce enough and the quality is shit. I'm hoping by Christmas.

Ford emails me that I will not be built for 2021 and will have to reorder in October.

November of 2021. When are you getting your Bronco.
The f if I know. I had to reorder for a 2022. Get this, they dropped my color choice. Now they are changing the allocation formula again. My dealer has no idea how many they will get. But I was within their allocations originally so I am thinking January or February 2022.

January 2022. When are you getting your Bronco. I see them all over. (Were they hard or soft tops? Two or four doors?) Mostly four door soft tops.
Well I ordered a two door hardtop and apparently they are still behind on production and don't seem to be making as many two doors as was ordered.

My dealer allocations suck for 2022. I was 65 in line starting 2022. By April I was up to 30 in line.

Currently. When are you getting your Bronco. I see two doors, four door hardtops they are popping up everywhere.

I don't know if I care anymore. Between hard tops, two doors, lux package, dropping tow, dealer allocations, chip shortages, supply constraints and I have no idea how any of this is supposed to work. I'm hoping I can get it before I retire in February 2023. More than two years after placing my first order.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the feelings and why you posted. We are the only ones that know the frustrations and all delays. I started talking about getting the Bronco to everyone in my circle within a few days of reserving.

July 2020. So when do you think you will get your Bronco?
I'm not sure when they will be produced but I reserved mine within 24 hours of the reservations opening so probably pretty soon after they start.

Sometime in the fall 2020. When are you getting your Bronco?
Ford said they should start production in April 2021 so given how early I reserved I will probably get it before this time next year.

December 2020. When are you getting your Bronco?
Well Ford started instituting dealer allocations and I am not sure where I might fall in line.

January 2021. Dealer confirms I am #104 out of there 109 allocations for 2021.

February 2021. When are you getting your Bronco?
I am within my dealer allocations and I ordered it in January but Ford had to move back the start of production so I don't think it will be by end of summer. I am hoping for around October maybe November.

June 2021. MIC top disaster.

August 2021. When are you getting your Bronco?
Well I ordered a two door and they only come with a hard top. The hard top manufacturer is screwed up and can't produce enough and the quality is shit. I'm hoping by Christmas.

Ford emails me that I will not be built for 2021 and will have to reorder in October.

November of 2021. When are you getting your Bronco.
The f if I know. I had to reorder for a 2022. Get this, they dropped my color choice. Now they are changing the allocation formula again. My dealer has no idea how many they will get. But I was within their allocations originally so I am thinking January or February 2022.

January 2022. When are you getting your Bronco. I see them all over. (Were they hard or soft tops? Two or four doors?) Mostly four door hard tops.
Well I ordered a two door hardtop and apparently they are still behind on production and don't seem to be making as many two doors as was ordered.

My dealer allocations suck for 2022. I was 65 in line starting 2022. By April I was up to 30 in line.

Currently. When are you getting your Bronco. I see two doors, four door hardtops they are popping up everywhere.

I don't know if I care anymore. Between hard tops, two doors, lux package, dropping tow, dealer allocations, chip shortages, supply constraints and I have no idea how any of this is supposed to work. I'm hoping I can get it before I retire in February 2023. More than two years after placing my first order.
I absolutely feel your pain. This follows almost my experience to a tee, at this point i'm out of answers for the people asking where mine is.

Now, I just respond with "Yeah don't ask... but believe me when I say that you do not want to order a Ford product. Its a total disaster"

Not the best thing for non-Ford customers to hear, but oh well 🤷‍♂️

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, I feel you OP. it’s been an awful experience and made me not only hate the vehicle but Ford too. It’s even more crushing that I’m seeing them everywhere and everyone I ask about them that has them either bought them off a lot, didn’t reserve and/or ordered within them within the last 8-9 months.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I felt like this for a bit, and here's my 2c worth of advice for people who have yet to be built. Stop looking at Bronco forums, stop talking about it, try to stop thinking about it at all. I did that for 6 months or so and I am still stoked to get my Bronco when it's ready. A lot of the frustration bled off during that time because I realized I don't "need" this truck.

Sure it's going to be fun to have once I get it but waiting on it isn't hurting me any either. Having said that I still take a jab at FoMoCo from time to time because at this point it's kind of a running joke.

And just think when you run into someone who got their Bronco in weeks you can give them a "back in my day......" speech about waiting a year or more for one.

Disclaimer: For the people who have been built and stuck in a dirt/snow pile for months/year on end I understand why you're pissed and won't tell you to calm down.

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am also one of the early reservation peeps and re-order as 22. I am one of the luck ones that did finally move "in production" on the week of 4/25. I have basically every deadly sin with the exception of SAS. I am still in that spot as I sit here today with really no additional information beyond an ETA that is next week but that could be a tentative "built" week? I know it has not shipped. Even in my position which is better than most, it still is brutal not knowing when this bad boy will be in my garage. It appears Fords approach is that instead of giving you information that could change or dates that push, they just aren't going to tell you anything. That's not how I would approach it but that's obviously what is happening.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am with you my friend ,Ford as a chip shortage but the keep coming out with new model of vehicles that needs chips and feels like they falling further and further behind.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma and jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I just joined bronco6g just to see if people have the same frustration as me. 7/20/20 res $1500 deposit. I caved in and bought parts when I got my build date 1/17/22. So I got parts and no bronco
Sponsored