Sponsored

Depressed and Frustrated (WARNING: Reservation Rant inside)

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only we had someone (like say a proctologist, fish bowl cleaner or accountant) on here who could pontificate about their JIT manufacturing subject matter expertise to us.

Again.

Or maybe we will get lucky this time and OP will get to skip the lecture.

Fingers crossed.
At least one of them is bound to not let you down :D
Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am really getting frustrated and stretched thin here, and almost no one in my life understands.

I'm a car guy, like most of you on this forum, but this entire experience has become so much more frustrating than I could've foreseen. Ever since I was a teenager I have prided myself in my choice of vehicle and my ability to purchase it without any help. When I have a bad day, a drive in my car always cheered me up. Its an activity and passion of mine that is provided years of happiness and great memories.

I'm a July 2020 res, February 2021 order, October 2021 RE-order, and nothing. Not a peep from my dealer, not a word from Ford customer service, and no indication of timeline. I have called Ford Canada Customer Service monthly, dropped the hardtop, dropped the tow-packge. but just silence. I am told about the commodity restraints, I even work in automotive supply chain management so the restraints are not something new to me. But the piss-poor communication to passionate customers is unacceptable.

And the hardest part? I have a 15-minute drive to my office in the mornings and I see no less than 4 sasquatch 4 door broncos on my way to work. I don't even look at them anymore, I turn my head away. I'm happy for everyone who has a Bronco, I really am. I want to join all of you and post pictures, I want to show off my mods, I want to meet all of you at local events and geek out over builds. But instead I'm watching people take delivery of trucks without reservations.

@Ford Motor Company: Where is my bronco? Why am I seeing near-identical builds to mine? Why can't you just give me a timeline? SOMETHING!

Two years ago I was with all of you, reading every spy article, looking at the leaked pictures, watching the first ones land with reviewers and rewatching that Doug Demuro video a dozen times. I even have Bronco swag in my closet that I used to proudly wear, but I can't even look at it without getting a sadness wash over me.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but never in my life has a company taken my passion and excitement, and flipped it to almost a depressive and melancholic attitude toward a $60K truck. I literally just want to give Ford my money for their own product.

I don't want to cancel my order. I just want my Bronco @Ford Motor Company. Please, please clear out those reserved orders, or at the very least, just communicate.
If the wait continues very much longer, there will be other options for us consumers who are looking to buy a " Bronco Type" 4x4. VW just announced they are reviving the "International Scout", timed for 2026:

May 11 - Volkswagen Group will launch an all-electric pick-up and rugged SUV in the United States. The decision of the Board of Management was confirmed today by the Supervisory Board of the Volkswagen Group.

The vehicles will be designed, engineered, and manufactured in the U.S. for American customers. To this end, a separate, independent company will be established in the U.S. this year as the Volkswagen Group moves the strong iconic U.S.-brand Scout into the electric vehicle space. The first prototypes are to be unveiled next year, and production is scheduled to start in 2026. The electrified Scout brand will be built upon a new technical platform concept which brings new pickup and RUV credibility beyond the existing Volkswagen Group portfolio.

OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the wait continues very much longer, there will be other options for us consumers who are looking to buy a " Bronco Type" 4x4. VW just announced they are reviving the "International Scout", timed for 2026:

May 11 - Volkswagen Group will launch an all-electric pick-up and rugged SUV in the United States. The decision of the Board of Management was confirmed today by the Supervisory Board of the Volkswagen Group.

The vehicles will be designed, engineered, and manufactured in the U.S. for American customers. To this end, a separate, independent company will be established in the U.S. this year as the Volkswagen Group moves the strong iconic U.S.-brand Scout into the electric vehicle space. The first prototypes are to be unveiled next year, and production is scheduled to start in 2026. The electrified Scout brand will be built upon a new technical platform concept which brings new pickup and RUV credibility beyond the existing Volkswagen Group portfolio.
Very cool, I'll check that out

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Depressed and Frustrated (WARNING: Reservation Rant inside) 1653068428000

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s all about parts. They can barely hit 40 hours/wk at MAP. Matter of fact, they’re off yesterday and today. Life is about shortages right now. I’m sure the company wants to sell you the vehicle more than you want to buy it.
No, Ford wants to sell Bronco's to their favorite dealers, they don't care one bit if they sell to an actual reservation holder or to a dealer who puts it on the lot for stock. It they followed through on the original terms and conditions and tried to go in reservation order, most everyone would understand and be okay with supply delays. They delays just exasperate Ford's choice to ignore reservations in the allocation formula.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
preaching to the choir- i get it. many of us here are in different situations but frustrated by the same things- the poor communication and many missed deadlines- too many to mention. Most of us on here feel you- countdown to when someone tells you ford is no worse than any other company, you don't have a right to anything, blah blah blah yawn

OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

preaching to the choir- i get it. many of us here are in different situations but frustrated by the same things- the poor communication and many missed deadlines- too many to mention. Most of us on here feel you- countdown to when someone tells you ford is no worse than any other company, you don't have a right to anything, blah blah blah yawn
Precisely, for me I don't really care about the people telling me to be patient. I'm past that by now, at this point everyone in my life has heard me talk about this thing for 2 years, but no one is as passionate about it as I am in my circle. To them, its probably ridiculous that I'm bent out of shape over a car. But on here, at least others can sympathize with these feelings. I don't need pity from others, just looking for community.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same boat but I tried to appease my appetite by ordering and buying a Rubicon. Great vehicle but just does nothing for me as I want my Bronco!

OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same boat but I tried to appease my appetite by ordering and buying a Rubicon. Great vehicle but just does nothing for me as I want my Bronco!
I am close to doing something similar, what about it doesn't satisfy you compared to a Bronco?

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Precisely, for me I don't really care about the people telling me to be patient. I'm past that by now, at this point everyone in my life has heard me talk about this thing for 2 years, but no one is as passionate about it as I am in my circle. To them, its probably ridiculous that I'm bent out of shape over a car. But on here, at least others can sympathize with these feelings. I don't need pity from others, just looking for community.
Have you asked your dealer about allocations, and where you are in line for that? It may come down to only that reason if there are buildable units in front of you at your dealership and their allocation numbers aren't very good

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, Ford wants to sell Bronco's to their favorite dealers, they don't care one bit if they sell to an actual reservation holder or to a dealer who puts it on the lot for stock. It they followed through on the original terms and conditions and tried to go in reservation order, most everyone would understand and be okay with supply delays. They delays just exasperate Ford's choice to ignore reservations in the allocation formula.
I think they’re like any other company—they’d sell these things to a brick wall if they could.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought another vehicle in the interim. That has helped me not care as much.
This is exactly why I bought the GT350.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Real question is would you rather have a Bronco sitting on the mountain for God knows how long? Or still have a chance that yours gets pulled and built and shipped? When mine got built I kinda felt guilty that some people who waited as long as me weren't scheduled...now I am envious that they still have a chance to get theirs right away after it gets scheduled! I know...from where you are sitting it seems like progress now, but trust me it sucks!
Sponsored