Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed the Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Quick Drop Fire Extinguisher Mount from @DesertDoesIt and so far I love it! I'm a big fan of having a fire extinguisher handy in both of my cars, and this mount makes it super easy to keep a 2.5lb Amerex within reach at all times.

Installation is straightforward: use a trim panel tool to remove the plastic covers on the driver's seat front seat mount bolts. Pretty sure the stock bolts were 15mm, and they required a bit of torque to break free. You'll use the provided bolts to install the MMP bracket mount instead, with some blue loctite to 30lb-ft.

The back of the fire extinguisher mount has tons of bolt holes pre-drilled and tapped (I think 12 in total?), but you only need to use four to fully secure it. I had to experiment a little bit with which mounting holes and alignment to use with both the bracket and the fire extinguisher mount in order for my fire extinguisher to clear the seat rails. This is most likely because I move the seat pretty far forward when driving (the clutch on the 7MT is pretty long, and I'm about 5'9"). The final position pictured with the seat all the way up is one click more forward than I usually drive in, so plenty of wiggle room.

The best part about this system is how solid it is when fully bolted up. I can shake the mount and fire extinguisher with a good amount of force and it doesn't go anywhere. This is a huge improvement from the Bracketeer system I have in my RS, which is very difficult to get tightened down correctly. The @DesertDoesIt system is VERY secure and doesn't budge at all. Huge fan so far of how both the system and release pin are; a quick yank on the release pin and the extinguisher is free and ready to use.

One improvement I'd suggest for @DesertDoesIt is to provide slightly stronger adhesive on the padding that goes on the inside of the fire extinguisher mount -- I took my time prepping the surface of the inside of the mount before applying the correct size padding strips, but as you can see from the photos they're already beginning to peel after a dozen or so times of securing and removing the fire extinguisher. Minor issue, easy to resolve with some Gorilla Glue or otherwise.

Ford Bronco Desert Does It: Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Fire Extinguisher Mount IMG_1458

Ford Bronco Desert Does It: Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Fire Extinguisher Mount IMG_1454

Ford Bronco Desert Does It: Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Fire Extinguisher Mount IMG_1457

Ford Bronco Desert Does It: Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Fire Extinguisher Mount IMG_1460

Ford Bronco Desert Does It: Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Fire Extinguisher Mount IMG_1462

Ford Bronco Desert Does It: Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Fire Extinguisher Mount IMG_1463
Sponsored

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's really clean!
I'm super happy with the end product -- those last two pictures are in my regular driving position, and the fire extinguisher is very tucked away and still super easily accessible. Getting into the truck, I hardly even notice it. Highly recommend their system, but would use something like super glue on those soft pads on the inside of the fire extinguisher mount to avoid them peeling up like mine did.

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed the Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Quick Drop Fire Extinguisher Mount from @DesertDoesIt and so far I love it! I'm a big fan of having a fire extinguisher handy in both of my cars, and this mount makes it super easy to keep a 2.5lb Amerex within reach at all times.

Installation is straightforward: use a trim panel tool to remove the plastic covers on the driver's seat front seat mount bolts. Pretty sure the stock bolts were 15mm, and they required a bit of torque to break free. You'll use the provided bolts to install the MMP bracket mount instead, with some blue loctite to 30lb-ft.

The back of the fire extinguisher mount has tons of bolt holes pre-drilled and tapped (I think 12 in total?), but you only need to use four to fully secure it. I had to experiment a little bit with which mounting holes and alignment to use with both the bracket and the fire extinguisher mount in order for my fire extinguisher to clear the seat rails. This is most likely because I move the seat pretty far forward when driving (the clutch on the 7MT is pretty long, and I'm about 5'9"). The final position pictured with the seat all the way up is one click more forward than I usually drive in, so plenty of wiggle room.

The best part about this system is how solid it is when fully bolted up. I can shake the mount and fire extinguisher with a good amount of force and it doesn't go anywhere. This is a huge improvement from the Bracketeer system I have in my RS, which is very difficult to get tightened down correctly. The @DesertDoesIt system is VERY secure and doesn't budge at all. Huge fan so far of how both the system and release pin are; a quick yank on the release pin and the extinguisher is free and ready to use.

One improvement I'd suggest for @DesertDoesIt is to provide slightly stronger adhesive on the padding that goes on the inside of the fire extinguisher mount -- I took my time prepping the surface of the inside of the mount before applying the correct size padding strips, but as you can see from the photos they're already beginning to peel after a dozen or so times of securing and removing the fire extinguisher. Minor issue, easy to resolve with some Gorilla Glue or otherwise.

Ford Bronco Desert Does It: Front Multi Mount Panel (MMP) and Fire Extinguisher Mount IMG_1463

That's awesome. I snagged one too but I'm still missing the Bronco...
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/under-seat-molle-multi-mount-panel-from-desert-does-it.35944/

They make great products. I'm trying to figure out how to mount the Element E50 extinguisher to mine. I really like the mount you bought. Super quick deployment.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not cheap, but really nice. I'm still deciding what to do. I started a thread here the other day about recommendations, but it didn't get much traction. Nice build.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not cheap, but really nice. I'm still deciding what to do. I started a thread here the other day about recommendations, but it didn't get much traction. Nice build.
It's definitely a pricy unit -- but the quality seems to match the price. The materials are good, and the bolts are high grade, especially the seat rail mounting bolts. I think they're grade 12.9 which is plenty strong for the application. The only flaw I've seen on the whole unit seems to be blemishes where they may have put the MMP on hooks for powder coating, but they don't bug me much.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's definitely a pricy unit -- but the quality seems to match the price. The materials are good, and the bolts are high grade, especially the seat rail mounting bolts. I think they're grade 12.9 which is plenty strong for the application. The only flaw I've seen on the whole unit seems to be blemishes where they may have put the MMP on hooks for powder coating, but they don't bug me much.
How well does the clamp grab on to the extinguisher? If it were mounted upright, would it slip? I like the clamp and am thinking about locating it somewhere else without the seat bracket. I like the pin release feature too.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well does the clamp grab on to the extinguisher? If it were mounted upright, would it slip? I like the clamp and am thinking about locating it somewhere else without the seat bracket. I like the pin release feature too.
I haven’t tested it upright, but when you use the right padding for your extinguisher, it’s very secure. I can’t move it side to side when it’s fully clamped down. It takes some force to close the clamp all the way before inserting the pin which makes it very snug.

I imagine you could add an L shaped bracket to the mount and rest the bottom of the fire extinguisher on it if you’re worried about it slipping down though — I’d trust these clamps to prevent the extinguisher moving side to side for sure, but not sure if the padding is weight bearing enough on its own to be vertical.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven’t tested it upright, but when you use the right padding for your extinguisher, it’s very secure. I can’t move it side to side when it’s fully clamped down. It takes some force to close the clamp all the way before inserting the pin which makes it very snug.

I imagine you could add an L shaped bracket to the mount and rest the bottom of the fire extinguisher on it if you’re worried about it slipping down though — I’d trust these clamps to prevent the extinguisher moving side to side for sure, but not sure if the padding is weight bearing enough on its own to be vertical.
If it comes with different pads I'm sure it will be ok. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it comes with different pads I'm sure it will be ok. Thanks for your help.
I got the medium size because my extinguisher is a 3” — it came with thin and thick pads, I used the thin ones.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s an Amerex B417T 2.5lb ABC extinguisher — can easily find them on Amazon and wherever else. Very common, and they come with a wall mount that I just stashed away.

If you get the same extinguisher and mount, make sure you choose the medium size for the mount. That’ll fit the B417T perfectly

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the idea but my seat sits a good 4" farther back than yours and I see myself kicking it all the time.
They make a right angle bracket for their system, I imagine you’d be able to flip it up and behind the bracket too.
Sponsored