Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I finally got around to designing a custom rear storage security panel/shelf for my Bronco. This should keep sticky fingers from just reaching in and grabbing stuff out of the back of my Bronco when the top is off. I designed it to fit with the top on as well so I don't have to take it off and put it back on every time I take the top off and put it back on (like the Ford Accessory Tonneau cover I have).

If I ever do any overlanding I should be able to stack stuff on top and strap it down so it doesn't fly around. I plan to attach my 12v air compressor somewhere hanging down from the bottom (probably have to custom fab a bracket that just bolts it up).

I'm going to use 1/4" aluminum and cut it out with our waterjet at work. I may use something cheaper first for test fitting, IDK, have to see what we have laying around. I'll still need to get the mounting brackets modeled, CNCed, and test fit as well.

We have powder coating in house so I should end up with a great looking product in the end.

JCR has something similar with their cargo basket (bottom pic) but I wanted the added security of covering the entire back area instead of just a shelf.

More pics to come as the project progresses.

Ford Bronco Designed a custom rear storage area security panel / shelf 1663796904099

Ford Bronco Designed a custom rear storage area security panel / shelf 1663796929217
Sponsored

Last edited:

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I finally got around to designing a custom rear storage security panel/shelf for my Bronco. This should keep sticky fingers from just reaching in and grabbing stuff out of the back of my Bronco when the top is off. I designed it to fit with the top on as well so I don't have to take it off and put it back on every time I take the top off and put it back on (like the Ford Accessory Tonneau cover I have).

If I ever do any overlanding I should be able to stack stuff on top and strap it down so it doesn't fly around. I plan to attach my 12v air compressor somewhere hanging down from the bottom (probably have to custom fab a bracket that just bolts it up).

I'm going to use 1/4" aluminum and cut it out with our waterjet at work. I may use something cheaper first for test fitting, IDK, have to see what we have laying around. I'll still need to get the mounting brackets modeled, CNCed, and test fit as well.

We have powder coating in house so I should end up with a great looking product in the end.

JCR has something similar with their cargo basket (bottom pic) but I wanted the added security of covering the entire back area instead of just a shelf.

More pics to come as the project progresses.

Ford Bronco Designed a custom rear storage area security panel / shelf 1663796929217

Looks good, keep us posted! I have added the side molle panels like the JCR ones in the window of the roll bar area you show above. However, I also have the lower sides as well. Would this design still fit if I keep the Molle panels in place?

Ford Bronco Designed a custom rear storage area security panel / shelf 1664632528286

Here is a pic/post about what I did: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...installing-rear-molle-panels-over-them.54804/

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, keep us posted! I have added the side molle panels like the JCR ones in the window of the roll bar area you show above. However, I also have the lower sides as well. Would this design still fit if I keep the Molle panels in place?

Ford Bronco Designed a custom rear storage area security panel / shelf 1664632528286

Here is a pic/post about what I did: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...installing-rear-molle-panels-over-them.54804/
I plan on making my side mounting brackets so that they bolt to where the factory soft top bolts (I have a hard top) so those side molle would be in the way on my design (too wide). It would be super easy to make one to fit with those panel and since the panels already have bolt holes it wouldn't take anything but angle brackets to bolt it in.

I'll going to see if I can't get my side brackets mocked-up next week and cut my test panel. I think I'm going to cut my test panel out of something like hardy backer, about the cheapest thing I could think of that would be the right size and semi ridged.

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update to this project? I'm interested in doing the same (or paying you to do a 2nd one) :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update to this project? I'm interested in doing the same (or paying you to do a 2nd one) :)
I need to knock it out. Been too busy, haven't go a chance to get to it. I hope I can get around to it in the next month. I'll definitely post an update when I do.

jaydel29

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2023 Bronco Base 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need to knock it out. Been too busy, haven't go a chance to get to it. I hope I can get around to it in the next month. I'll definitely post an update when I do.
a shelf for the 2-door would be nice!

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Tomcat2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 ol blu, '21 new blu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really looking for someone to develop a shelf like either of the AAL or JCR but with locking drawer slides that lock in both the in and out position for adjustability and access. Mountains2metal has the flip up shelf with gas struts that is a great idea (4 door). Incorporating both could allow 2 door seat up/down option.
Sponsored