Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
As requested, I made a rough sketch of the Roof Rack Dimensions.
@dejones64

ID between the rails = 38 1/2"
Rail length between caps = 56 3/4"
Center between fixed back cross rail to mid cross rail = 27 1/2"
Center between Mid cross mount and Front cross mount = 27 1/2"
Photo shows the tie-off points where the cross rail meets the main rail

These dimensions were taken with the rack mounted.
Will update / refine as needed when I post on the rack removal.

ROOF RACK DIMENSIONS.jpg

MID RAIL.JPG
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh wow, thanks so much, you're the best! You went way over and above. I appreciate this, it will be very helpful in my search for a rtt. Thanks again.

So jealous, enjoy your Bronco!

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If anyone has a rack on a 4 door I would appreciate a similar sketch to compare. At least measure the side tails please.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you get a picture of the cross section of the side rails?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As requested, I made a rough sketch of the Roof Rack Dimensions.
@dejones64

ID between the rails = 38 1/2"
Rail length between caps = 56 3/4"
Center between fixed back cross rail to mid cross rail = 27 1/2"
Center between Mid cross mount and Front cross mount = 27 1/2"
Photo shows the tie-off points where the cross rail meets the main rail

These dimensions were taken with the rack mounted.
Will update / refine as needed when I post on the rack removal.

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door MID RAIL.JPG
Thanks for providing the measurements. One part I can't find on your chart is how far forward the movable front crossbar can go?

Can it slide the full length of the rails (with 3/4" gap same as the fixed rear bar) or is it limited to only 27.5" forward of the rear crossbar as the maximum span?

Trying to figure this out for building a new bike which has to mount on top of the Bronco as my current bike is a touch over 95" long with a wheelbase of 70" so it's a no-go.

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door 105256754_247953346507895_7635392824341408353_n

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for providing the measurements. One part I can't find on your chart is how far forward the movable front crossbar can go?

Can it slide the full length of the rails (with 3/4" gap same as the fixed rear bar) or is it limited to only 27.5" forward of the rear crossbar as the maximum span?

Trying to figure this out for building a new bike which has to mount on top of the Bronco as my current bike is a touch over 95" long with a wheelbase of 70" so it's a no-go.

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door 105256754_247953346507895_7635392824341408353_n
First- super cool bike. Plenty of room to electrify it. Nice flat beach too.
The 27 1/2 centers are were the fastening nuts are located.
There is nothing stopping you from locating the mid and a front bar anywhere along the length of the 56 3/4 “. You just have to come up with a way to secure it ( maybe a thru-bolt ).
The 56 3/4” is the gap between the front plastic cap and the rear (plastic) fixed bar cap.
The 3 “ crossbar has mounting flanges that extend out so any purchased front bar would stop short of the 56 3/4”.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First- super cool bike. Plenty of room to electrify it. Nice flat beach too.
The 27 1/2 centers are were the fastening nuts are located.
There is nothing stopping you from locating the mid and a front bar anywhere along the length of the 56 3/4 “. You just have to come up with a way to secure it ( maybe a thru-bolt ).
The 56 3/4” is the gap between the front plastic cap and the rear (plastic) fixed bar cap.
The 3 “ crossbar has mounting flanges that extend out so any purchased front bar would stop short of the 56 3/4”.
Great, thanks for the additional info! Not having a Bronco for 920+ days makes it hard to plan out these things.

Sounds like i'll be drilling through the sides of the rails to secure a bar at the extreme front of the rack.

Personally i'm not one to electrify a bike, even one that weighs over 60 lbs, but it has it's own party mode as the beach isn't it's native element, flat dry lake bed is where it normally goes out to play at night.

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door Dicksuit nighttime ride

I'll be sure to post up whatever this mystery bike is that will be built to fit on top of the 2-door Bronco as it's also going to be for these environments and not your standard cruise.

Edit: I now see in this pre-production Bronco where the cross-bar has a middle or front location it can bolt to instead of a groove to slide it through. So approximately 55" (center line) from front to back bar.... Hmmmmm, new bike should have a 58.6" wheelbase to that will work when using a Yakima Fork Chop or just a pair of the rear wheel brackets instead of fork mount.

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door 2-door rack

Here's how she fits onto the 6' bed of a Ranger Super Cab. As you can see, even with the front wheel removed to save 13" of length, its still about 10" past the bed of the truck. This won't work on a 2-door bronco at all!

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door RuffCycles

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door RoadTripRanger

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great, thanks for the additional info! Not having a Bronco for 920+ days makes it hard to plan out these things.

Sounds like i'll be drilling through the sides of the rails to secure a bar at the extreme front of the rack.

Personally i'm not one to electrify a bike, even one that weighs over 60 lbs, but it has it's own party mode as the beach isn't it's native element, flat dry lake bed is where it normally goes out to play at night.

Ford Bronco Detailed Roof Rack Dimensions & diagram -- 2021 Bronco 2-Door RoadTripRanger

I'll be sure to post up whatever this mystery bike is that will be built to fit on top of the 2-door Bronco as it's also going to be for these environments and not your standard cruise.

Edit: I now see in this pre-production Bronco where the cross-bar has a middle or front location it can bolt to instead of a groove to slide it through. So approximately 55" (center line) from front to back bar.... Hmmmmm, new bike should have a 58.6" wheelbase to that will work when using a Yakima Fork Chop or just a pair of the rear wheel brackets instead of fork mount.

Here's how she fits onto the 6' bed of a Ranger Super Cab. As you can see, even with the front wheel removed to save 13" of length, its still about 10" past the bed of the truck. This won't work on a 2-door bronco at all!

Wow Rick, :oops:

Way to revive an old thread and that bike is quite interesting, but that word basically defines you! :ROFLMAO:

My Bronco is finally on a train….. somewhere. Well, soon at least, maybe!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow Rick, :oops:

Way to revive an old thread and that bike is quite interesting, but that word basically defines you! :ROFLMAO:

My Bronco is finally on a train….. somewhere. Well, soon at least, maybe!
Doesn't everyone have a stretched tail dragger custom bike they flaked in Ghetto Gold flake by Roth?

They should!