First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That rear winch is essentially useless the way it sits. Haven't seen a straight on shot from the back but doesn't look like there is much if any clearance below the tire. And even if you can get to the line, pulling at any sort of angle and you'll be rubbing the bumper or tire.

The rest of build though is really cool and I can appreciate all the work that went into it.
The path has more clearance than the video shows, but we Appreciate the feedback.
Naturally a front mounted winch is more functional, but with all the loss of function, we decided against, loads of front bumper options on the market to add to any PR.
Sponsored

OP
OP
APG

APG

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I usually HATE full Bronco Custom Builds. Haven't seen one yet that I like - Until this. WOW guys. Great job. Good taste and just clean. Love it. I would take this over a Raptor anyday.
Appreciate the support!! Thank you

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Appreciate the support!! Thank you
Your welcome. Even my bronco is pretty tame and conservative. I would actually never go past 35s on mine. BUT - if I had to get a second one......Yours would be it :).

Reactions: APG

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that’s an unbelievable build! I live right around the corner from your shop.. can I come by and see it in person! Lol

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thing is a beast!! The ADV top suits it perfectly. You guys did a great job APG

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand that. Maybe at the very least you can offer a a complete suspension upgrade package that improves on the raptors as well as adds the ability to run 40's easily.
What you're looking for is right here, already. A kit like this would be more or less interchangeable on a raptor, there's likely nothing that would need to be modified on the kit. All 4dr Broncos use the same suspension mounting points, even the raptor...meaning I could more or less bolt on raptor a-arms and whatnot to my wildtrak and I'd have the same suspension as a raptor, and one could just as easily take this kit and install it on a raptor. Minus a few tidbits, the raptor is basically just a regular Bronco with a factory installed +3 mid travel a-arm kit. So if you were hoping to get something like this for a raptor and run 40's, you're in luck because your ship has already arrived...but there's not going to be a raptor specific kit that nets a more impressive suspension that wouldn't also fit a standard Bronco too. Once you start talking about long travel and big tires, the only advantage that a raptor has over a standard Bronco as a starting point is the 3.0L engine and rack. I was pretty bummed when the raptor came out and realized all they did was lengthen the a-arms and stick them further out, I was really hoping they'd narrow the mounting points a few inches and add a taller shock tower instead. That would've given it long travel with the same width as a standard Bronco, and opening up the possibility of +5 a-arms without looking ridiculous.

The path has more clearance than the video shows, but we Appreciate the feedback.
Naturally a front mounted winch is more functional, but with all the loss of function, we decided against, loads of front bumper options on the market to add to any PR.
Is the rear winch mount something that could be done with the 2dr as well? I originally planned to mount an auxiliary fuel cell under there once the giant muffler is removed, but now I'm wondering if that space would be better utilized by a rear winch.

The existing RC hidden winch mount doesn't give up any functionality or introduce cooling issues, though it does require cutting locating brackets off the frame (only used in assembling the frame) and relocating the trans cooler and aux coolant pump (for the 2.7L). There's room for a modified Badlands Apex 12K in there, so just about any winch will fit. Approach angle remains the same, and the extra stuff hanging under there isn't something that would limit clearance on obstacles, as a standard bash plate would gain minimal clearance by comparison and it would be clearance that's not particularly useful...especially if you're running 37's or 40's. Lobo is is in the process of making one that mounts the winch at a slight angle, which will probably have just as much clearance as a standard bash plate. If you guys ever look into incorporating a front hidden winch, the ideal solution is finding a way to relocate the trans cooler elsewhere, such as near the bellhousing or transmission area. It's a heat exchanger, so no need to worry about airflow affecting it.

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm usually not a fan of those big flared out fenders, but something about lines you used without squaring anything off and the 1" carbon fiber underfitting makes it look "right"

This is one of those "if you described it to me I would hate it. But seeing it, I really dig it" builds for me. Nicely done.

OP
OP
APG

APG

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What you're looking for is right here, already. A kit like this would be more or less interchangeable on a raptor, there's likely nothing that would need to be modified on the kit. All 4dr Broncos use the same suspension mounting points, even the raptor...meaning I could more or less bolt on raptor a-arms and whatnot to my wildtrak and I'd have the same suspension as a raptor, and one could just as easily take this kit and install it on a raptor. Minus a few tidbits, the raptor is basically just a regular Bronco with a factory installed +3 mid travel a-arm kit. So if you were hoping to get something like this for a raptor and run 40's, you're in luck because your ship has already arrived...but there's not going to be a raptor specific kit that nets a more impressive suspension that wouldn't also fit a standard Bronco too. Once you start talking about long travel and big tires, the only advantage that a raptor has over a standard Bronco as a starting point is the 3.0L engine and rack. I was pretty bummed when the raptor came out and realized all they did was lengthen the a-arms and stick them further out, I was really hoping they'd narrow the mounting points a few inches and add a taller shock tower instead. That would've given it long travel with the same width as a standard Bronco, and opening up the possibility of +5 a-arms without looking ridiculous.

Is the rear winch mount something that could be done with the 2dr as well? I originally planned to mount an auxiliary fuel cell under there once the giant muffler is removed, but now I'm wondering if that space would be better utilized by a rear winch.

The existing RC hidden winch mount doesn't give up any functionality or introduce cooling issues, though it does require cutting locating brackets off the frame (only used in assembling the frame) and relocating the trans cooler and aux coolant pump (for the 2.7L). There's room for a modified Badlands Apex 12K in there, so just about any winch will fit. Approach angle remains the same, and the extra stuff hanging under there isn't something that would limit clearance on obstacles, as a standard bash plate would gain minimal clearance by comparison and it would be clearance that's not particularly useful...especially if you're running 37's or 40's. Lobo is is in the process of making one that mounts the winch at a slight angle, which will probably have just as much clearance as a standard bash plate. If you guys ever look into incorporating a front hidden winch, the ideal solution is finding a way to relocate the trans cooler elsewhere, such as near the bellhousing or transmission area. It's a heat exchanger, so no need to worry about airflow affecting it.
Great points here, thank you for the insight on RC, we will look in to it as a product offering for our clients. We have not tested the winch on a 2 door, but data suggests its a direct bolt on, will get back to this when we cross that bridge. We get asked 10+ times a day to develop a system for the B-Rap, its an entirely new development with supporting products not available to market. What we have done far surpasses a raptor. Given the electronics that restrict modification, we dont see anything worthy coming out until those electronics are bypassed, and if you know Fords onboard OS, that's not an easy feat.

Reactions: Tex

LQDCRJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 4X4 NOW, 1990 FORD BRONCO BEFORE THAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to get my hands on the rear bumper and winch setup

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Contact expedition One!
most definitely for that rear bumper setup for my Raptor, solves all my issues.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s always going to be a bigger badder Bronco out there…human and more specifically American ingenuity and perseverance are amazing. 🤩

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great points here, thank you for the insight on RC, we will look in to it as a product offering for our clients. We have not tested the winch on a 2 door, but data suggests its a direct bolt on, will get back to this when we cross that bridge. We get asked 10+ times a day to develop a system for the B-Rap, its an entirely new development with supporting products not available to market. What we have done far surpasses a raptor. Given the electronics that restrict modification, we dont see anything worthy coming out until those electronics are bypassed, and if you know Fords onboard OS, that's not an easy feat.
Cool, I guess that's another thing I'll be following to find out too LOL

Yeah, I forgot that the raptor had those live shocks. Had to go through some of the same stuff when programming my 3.0 rack to work, and that wouldn't have been possible without a lot of help from others. Disabling the Fox live shock system might be a doable thing in Forscan, maybe FDRS, by changing the relevant module to a different trim or whatever. Nobody wants their dash lit up like a christmas tree after spending this kind of money, seems like Ford kind of locked a whole lot of people into the OEM configuration when they did that, or at least severely limited their options. I've run across a few expeditions online with aftermarket shocks instead of the CCD shocks, so maybe there's some similarity and a workaround for them.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs