First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure the roof top and the fender flares don’t get that ashy look after washing the car?
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chemical guys cleaners… I don’t know what’s in the at stuff… but it really makes a difference. A little expensive but you use 1/2 as much.
Do you use it on your Bronco? I typically use Meguiars, but I keep getting white residue on every dark surface, including my wheels. I hate it.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my obx, even the wheels get a white residue on them. I pressure wash (this was before I got vinyl), then use a mitt with Meguires car wash soap (whatever it is called). I even take a soft brush to the step and I can't get the step to look black after washing. I don't know if it's hard water, or what.

I realize I'm crashing the Wildtrak party by posting about my obx, but it's the same issue. :LOL:

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure the roof top and the fender flares don’t get that ashy look after washing the car?
C8ED1342-05B1-48F0-8028-F529D45F8B45.jpeg

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, it is like a white coating. It only shows up on the bumpers and the steps. Oh, and the wheels have to becleaned off with a microfiber because they are white even after cleaning with a wheel brush.

I doubt it’s snow since I live in FL. :LOL:

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you use it on the tires too?
On my obx, even the wheels get a white residue on them. I pressure wash (this was before I got vinyl), then use a mitt with Meguires car wash soap (whatever it is called). I even take a soft brush to the step and I can't get the step to look black after washing. I don't know if it's hard water, or what.

I realize I'm crashing the Wildtrak party by posting about my obx, but it's the same issue. :LOL:
Welcome to the WT party! I need all the help I can get. Just want to make sure the hard top and the fender flares don’t get that discoloration look after the vehicle is washed.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you use it on the tires too?

Welcome to the WT party! I need all the help I can get. Just want to make sure the hard top and the fender flares don’t get that discoloration look after the vehicle is washed.
Not for tires. Works great on vinyl and the hard plastics.

Sponsored

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you use it on your Bronco? I typically use Meguiars, but I keep getting white residue on every dark surface, including my wheels. I hate it.
as soon as I get my bronco, yes I will use chemical guys. I’m naturally a cheapskate so it took me a while to actually buy their stuff… now I prefer nothing but. We have a dark gray car that shows a lot… chemical guys usually leaves it pretty clean. The residue you may be ending with could be from the water you are using as well…