Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i M-Sport, Black-Diamond 7SPD on Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How silly would this look with the factory push bar also installed? I'm thinking very silly.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How silly would this look with the factory push bar also installed? I'm thinking very silly.
Looking at the installation instructions, the bill bar can not be installed should you choose.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like that's all this is. As the support guy said, it's basically the Zeon. But the cheaper version that's made outside the US, as in the case of the VR Evo it's made in Chy-na to keep cost down. This is pretty likely considering Ford uses Yakima gear, which is Chinese made, because it's cheap in cost.
It's a Zeon.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So why doesn't this work with a BD with a Modular Bumper (upgrade)?

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So why doesn't this work with a BD with a Modular Bumper (upgrade)?
I think it does ... the literature says no because they are looking at the default bumper from the factory, Ward told me it will work with any model equipped from the factory with the Modular bumper ... hopefully they fix their literature for 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OMG, it's made in Chy-Na!?!?! It's going to burn your Bronco to the ground.

Your Iphone??? No, that's fine... nothing to worry about there. ;)
No iPhone, and yea, I said I'd leave politics out. You clearly have no clue about their activity and aggression, nor the implications of a globalized economy. Which is crazy seeing how bad things have gotten lately. But don't sweat it. I've done extensive research on the communist regime running the country and even have a degree in Strategic Studies. Most people just talk trash because they lack a moral compass or any ethical base line to stand on and think it's some redneck racism that drives that sentiment.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the winch install loses the OEM tow/recovery hooks. Can you still use a tow bar with the new recovery hooks?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the winch install loses the OEM tow/recovery hooks. Can you still use a tow bar with the new recovery hooks?
Hmm, yeah, looks like it rules out flat towingā€¦..so probably not for me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No iPhone, and yea, I said I'd leave politics out. You clearly have no clue about their activity and aggression, nor the implications of a globalized economy. Which is crazy seeing how bad things have gotten lately. But don't sweat it. I've done extensive research on the communist regime running the country and even have a degree in Strategic Studies. Most people just talk trash because they lack a moral compass or any ethical base line to stand on and think it's some redneck racism that drives that sentiment.
You act as if I didn't attend the Naval War College, I was referring to the quality of the product not the global threat that the nation poses due to the policies that they are pursuing, especially in the SCS. These are two very different things.

Unfortunately, I do have a clue about it and I can see the train wreck coming. Buying American at this point isn't going to stop this disaster from occurring, that ship sailed long ago and we did it to ourselves starting around 2001.

Tell me again, how is it that you arrived at the conclusion that I don't have a clue?

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The main reason I wanted the MOD bumper was to be money ahead on adding a winch. The idea in my head was ordering the mounting plate for it and buying a winch that fit my needs for about $1000 or so. If the mounting plate is going to be $1500 alone, I can buy a whole better looking winch bumper for that, let alone $3500 for the package ā€œdealā€. Hopefully aftermarket comes up with a better way to attach a winch to the MOD bumper.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesnā€™t rule out flat towing. The recovery shackle mounts used with the winch are still a possible tow bar mounting point since those attach to the frame with brackets. See the three bolts in the picture left of the blue circle. I circled the mounts in blue and theyā€™re called ā€œrecovery forgingsā€ in the instructions.

Ford Bronco Details of the Ford Performance Winch Package - Installed on a Basesquatch 969E018E-13F7-43DA-88C3-B493C541D35B

Good luck getting confirmation on this though. Earlier this week I spent 15 minutes on hold with Ford Performance, got a support tech who couldnā€™t answer the question and suggested I call the Bronco help line. I was on hold there for nearly an hour and they then directed me to my dealer. I didnā€™t call me dealerā€¦.. All that said, if the recovery forgings and the brackets that attach them to the frame are strong enough to mount the winch they should be strong enough for flat towing.

I have no idea when Iā€™ll get my rig so Iā€™m hoping a few will figure this out by then since my reasons for buying the Bronco is that it can be flat towed, is off road capable and isnā€™t a Jeep.

Last edited:
OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It looks like it may come off pretty easily - even more so if you can use battery cable connectors - you could then put tow-bat compatible hooks back on?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like it may come off pretty easily - even more so if you can use battery cable connectors - you could then put tow-bat compatible hooks back on?
If would be a PIA to remove the whole winch mount every time you tow.. Plus it would be heavy

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesnā€™t rule out flat towing. The recovery shackle mounts used with the winch are still a possible tow bar mounting point since those attach to the frame with brackets. See the three bolts in the picture left of the blue circle. I circled the mounts in blue and theyā€™re called ā€œrecovery forgingsā€ in the instructions.

Ford Bronco Details of the Ford Performance Winch Package - Installed on a Basesquatch 969E018E-13F7-43DA-88C3-B493C541D35B

Good luck getting confirmation on this though. Earlier this week I spent 15 minutes on hold with Ford Performance, got a support tech who couldnā€™t answer the question and suggested I call the Bronco help line. I was on hold there for nearly an hour and they then directed me to my dealer. I didnā€™t call me dealerā€¦.. All that said, if the recovery forgings and the brackets that attach them to the frame are strong enough to mount the winch they should be strong enough for flat towing.

I have no idea when Iā€™ll get my rig so Iā€™m hoping a few will figure this out by then since my reasons for buying the Bronco is that it can be flat towed, is off road capable and isnā€™t a Jeep.
My only concern is, will the tow bar hit the winch bracket above? Especially when going over dips and deep bar ditches

All of the aftermarket bumpers thus far that have winches have welded hooks which is why they say they can't be towed. I guess they don't want the liability and didn't want to spend the time to preheat the metal and weld it correctly.

If the companies don't come out with something before I get mine I will make my own.
I got in on the kickstarter for the ArcDroid CNC plasma robot and a winch mount for the modular bumper just might be a good project.
Sponsored