Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Installed it on my First Edition! Instal was easy but running the wires was a pain, ended up going a different route because there wasnā€™t enough physical room going the way of the instructions. It will work on the higher trims but you have to disable to ACC and Stop sensors, etc. Hopefully when ADD releases their ACC Relocation bracket Iā€™ll be able to turn ACC and the Nannies back on. I really liked this setup due to it not blocking the intercooler in the bumper.

7AD2BA4B-B15C-47CD-8258-78D080F1A5C0.jpeg

44BA565F-5A2B-433C-859B-4DB4A1B2AA9F.jpeg

FCFF8E83-D5F6-40FA-9D0C-0633CA28493B.jpeg

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed it on my First Edition! Instal was easy but running the wires was a pain, ended up going a different route because there wasnā€™t enough physical room going the way of the instructions. It will work on the higher trims but you have to disable to ACC and Stop sensors, etc. Hopefully when ADD releases their ACC Relocation bracket Iā€™ll be able to turn ACC and the Nannies back on. I really liked this setup due to it not blocking the intercooler in the bumper.

7AD2BA4B-B15C-47CD-8258-78D080F1A5C0.jpeg

44BA565F-5A2B-433C-859B-4DB4A1B2AA9F.jpeg

FCFF8E83-D5F6-40FA-9D0C-0633CA28493B.jpeg
Looks great!

A few questions/comments
1. ADD ACC relocation bracket seems to be available on their site
2. Did you get your dealer to reprogram for the airbags?
3. How bad are the front camera and 360 views IRL?
4. Are you planning on installing the Warn power interrupt and wiring it to one of the upfitter switches?
5. Is there any room under the hood with the 2.7 to relocate the control pack?

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks great!

A few questions/comments
1. ADD ACC relocation bracket seems to be available on their site
2. Did you get your dealer to reprogram for the airbags?
3. How bad are the front camera and 360 views IRL?
4. Are you planning on installing the Warn power interrupt and wiring it to one of the upfitter switches?
5. Is there any room under the hood with the 2.7 to relocate the control pack?
1. I ordered it and got an email after ordering that it wouldnā€™t ship till January of 22 at the earliest.
2. Not yet but plan too
3. It basically completely blocks it but Iā€™m working on a solution for that
4. With the Ford instructions it attaches to the factory battery connection terminal so probably not.
5. It would take some creative mounting

Sponsored

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am new to the world of aftermarket bumpers and winches. Do we know what the air bag programming that is being discussed and what it does? Is this something that should be done for any aftermarket bumper? Been debating between an aftermarket bumper and the JCR Mount since the Warn is so expensive.

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am new to the world of aftermarket bumpers and winches. Do we know what the air bag programming that is being discussed and what it does? Is this something that should be done for any aftermarket bumper? Been debating between an aftermarket bumper and the JCR Mount since the Warn is so expensive.
Ford made the claim that their winch bracket system was OEM installed and touted the fact that the air bag system would be recalibrated after installation.

Some points:

1. My understanding is air bags use an accelerometer to trigger deployment; this sensor module is located in the cabin, not on the bumper. I don't understand how adding 100 pounds (JCR winch plate and a winch) would drastically change vehicle crash dynamics, but maybe things are that sensitive to what is essentially bumper weight. That being said maybe an independent garage could recalibrate your bags, or maybe a Ford dealer would recalibrate them with the JCR package on there.

2. Let me tell you the JCR package is my recommendation; you keep the OEM bumper and the approach angle is only slightly impacted if at all. The materials are heavy duty; total shipping weight was 50 pounds. The mounting brackets, which double as clevis mounting points are extremely heavy duty. Overall simpler install and fewer parts than the OEM bracket and priced reasonably. I've yet to get my Bronco and mount it, but the video gives plenty of good tips.

3. My only complaint is the mounting bolts are yellow (cadmium?) plated; I am going to get Grade 8 black anodized bolts and washers (the only visible end) to blend in.

4. I will try to mount the winch solenoid box under the hood; I think there may be room by the battery. The will make things a bit cleaner on the outside and preclude anyone using a pair of needle nose pliers to run the winch when I'm not around, potentially pretzelizing the Bronco (yes - apparently this is a thing ... the level of assholery that exists in the world).

Happy to send picts of the JCR hardware if you are interested.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hear rumors that his solution is ugly. I've seen one in person. I've poured over the pictures. Damnit. I must be blind. I can't find the ugly. It looks like, of all things,, a winch. I think it's expensive, but that is all.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford made the claim that their winch bracket system was OEM installed and touted the fact that the air bag system would be recalibrated after installation.

Some points:

1. My understanding is air bags use an accelerometer to trigger deployment; this sensor module is located in the cabin, not on the bumper. I don't understand how adding 100 pounds (JCR winch plate and a winch) would drastically change vehicle crash dynamics, but maybe things are that sensitive to what is essentially bumper weight. That being said maybe an independent garage could recalibrate your bags, or maybe a Ford dealer would recalibrate them with the JCR package on there.

2. Let me tell you the JCR package is my recommendation; you keep the OEM bumper and the approach angle is only slightly impacted if at all. The materials are heavy duty; total shipping weight was 50 pounds. The mounting brackets, which double as clevis mounting points are extremely heavy duty. Overall simpler install and fewer parts than the OEM bracket and priced reasonably. I've yet to get my Bronco and mount it, but the video gives plenty of good tips.

3. My only complaint is the mounting bolts are yellow (cadmium?) plated; I am going to get Grade 8 black anodized bolts and washers (the only visible end) to blend in.

4. I will try to mount the winch solenoid box under the hood; I think there may be room by the battery. The will make things a bit cleaner on the outside and preclude anyone using a pair of needle nose pliers to run the winch when I'm not around, potentially pretzelizing the Bronco (yes - apparently this is a thing ... the level of assholery that exists in the world).

Happy to send picts of the JCR hardware if you are interested.
The JCR winch plate does not reinforce the frame horns, the Ford FPP/Warn one does. Someone at Ford/Warn felt it was necessary. Someone at Ford felt it was necessary to re calibrate the airbag. I am not saying that I wouldn't put the JCR on in a heartbeat, nor would I worry about the airbag calibration. I am just pointing out that there are engineering differences.

If I was to use the JCR plate, I would add the LOD frame reinforcements to be 100% confident
https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-bronco-black-ops-front-bumper-frame-tie-in-brackets
Cheap $90 insurance to make sure the winch mount is as strong as it can be.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So KC lights can replace the bull bar .

Sponsored
OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The JCR winch plate does not reinforce the frame horns, the Ford FPP/Warn one does. Someone at Ford/Warn felt it was necessary. Someone at Ford felt it was necessary to re calibrate the airbag. I am not saying that I wouldn't put the JCR on in a heartbeat, nor would I worry about the airbag calibration. I am just pointing out that there are engineering differences.

If I was to use the JCR plate, I would add the LOD frame reinforcements to be 100% confident
https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-bronco-black-ops-front-bumper-frame-tie-in-brackets
Cheap $90 insurance to make sure the winch mount is as strong as it can be.
Yes - I agree. I'm sure JCR's focus was on their system, I don't know if they design engineered the tensile strength of the frame horns or tested them to failure - I would guess Ford has done both. Good catch!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes - I agree. I'm sure JCR's focus was on their system, I don't know if they design engineered the tensile strength of the frame horns or tested them to failure - I would guess Ford has done both. Good catch!
I did as JCR about it and they believed they are AOK. I will also add that LOD recommends them when you flat tow, they are not an included item with their bumpers. Soooo... probably OK?

I only know this all because I went full OCD on all of the bumpers/winch mounts and their instructions when I built my winch mount. Being that I am not an engineer, and my design has not been analyzed... I erred on the side of caution. Maybe overkill, maybe it will get ripped off on the first pull

275046881_10227166253771859_5612367723070989442_n.jpg

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a couple of quick questions, sorry if these have been repeated in the thread:

1. The winch assembly and install is $3500 from the factory, does that include different coil springs to offset the weight?

2. I don't care about blocking front sensors (I'm getting a BD low package), are there any other negatives to this package other than cost?

The other question would be.....for $3500 I could just get the Everglades package and be done with it. I wish it came with a manual option.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Had anyone tried this winch with the RC hidden mod bumper mount? I emailed RC and they simply said they havenā€™t tried this winch for Fitment yet.