Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They don‘t sell bumpers that way. What’s the diff.
Already kinda noted why in my original post. All about certifying it and calibrating it to play nice with airbags, and advertising it as such. Having worked with safety and legal teams at automotive OEs, I don't see them wanting to let Joe Schmoe introduce more variables into that area. They take that ish seriously. .

They being Ford? I don't see Ford selling mod bumpers a la carte as accessories, for that matter. I know Warn has its own bumper, but also note it's (a. not apparently being sold through the Ford Performance accessory channel and (b. not being advertised as airbag-compliant.

That said, I'm always happy to be proven wrong and introduce hat into my diet.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Already kinda noted why in my original post. Having worked with safety and legal teams at automotive OEs, I don't see that happening.

They being Ford? I don't see Ford selling mod bumpers a la carte as accessories, for that matter. I know Warn has its own bumper, but also note it's (a. not apparently being sold through the Ford Performance accessory channel and (b. not being advertised as airbag-compliant.

I agree - they have an integrated design where they control all engineering and liability. Buy the package and sell the winch?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Already kinda noted why in my original post. All about certifying it and calibrating it to play nice with airbags, and advertising it as such. Having worked with safety and legal teams at automotive OEs, I don't see them wanting to let Joe Schmoe introduce more variables into that area. They take that ish seriously. .

So that mount will never ever be available from Warn or Ford without the winch. See how funny that sounds?

Sponsored

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long before a terrific after market one will be out ?
Soon I bet .

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So that mount will never ever be available from Warn or Ford without the winch. See how funny that sounds?
The Rough Country package comes with their winch, though I think you can buy it without a winch.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm aware it sounds funny to you.
I'm also aware it's most likely what's going to happen. Whether or not you want to believe is another matter.

Not an apples-to-apples comparison, but I already see off-road light companies not selling their custom light brackets for Bronco outside of a full lighting kit, and those don't have the warranty or safety liability Ford carries with something that drastically affects front impact performance. So, hardly outside the realm of possibility.

You may see mounts sold a la carte for this bumper but it will be from the aftermarket.

They don't sell winch mounts without a winch for the SD Tremor
A great point and a true apples-to-apples scenario. I don't see Warn or Ford selling that plate a la carte and don't expect to any time soon when they have a good enough business selling the package.

I agree - they have an integrated design where they control all engineering and liability. Buy the package and sell the winch?
I'd really rather not mess around with the added cost and complexity of having to sell and then buy new when I already have a perfectly good winch. But I'm also aware that's un-American thinking, so...who knows. :)

Last edited:

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question....

I see they airbag issue was addressed, what about the front camera?

How much blockage?

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question....

I see they airbag issue was addressed, what about the front camera?

How much blockage?
I do not know - I won’t have the cam - I think the key is to relocate the solenoid box from the top of winch to somewhere else - no one has a clear idea on that yet.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm aware it sounds funny to you.
I'm also aware it's most likely what's going to happen. Whether or not you want to believe is another matter.

Not an apples-to-apples comparison, but I already see off-road light companies not selling their custom light brackets for Bronco outside of a full lighting kit, and those don't have the warranty or safety liability Ford carries with something that drastically affects front impact performance. So, hardly outside the realm of possibility.

You may see mounts sold a la carte for this bumper but it will be from the aftermarket.

A great point and a true apples-to-apples scenario. I don't see Warn or Ford selling that plate a la carte and don't expect to any time soon when they have a good enough business selling the package.

I'd really rather not mess around with the added cost and complexity of having to sell and then buy new when I already have a perfectly good winch. But I'm also aware that's un-American thinking, so...who knows. :)
You said it, from the aftermarket, and Warn is an aftermarket company. They will sell it. Probably won’t have the pony on it.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You said it, from the aftermarket, and Warn is an aftermarket company. They will sell it. Probably won’t have the pony on it.
There's likely an arrangement with Ford LPO/ Performance accessories that prevents them from doing that. Non-compete, at the very least. Which is why Warn's not selling that plate for Super Duty, as was previously noted. I don't believe they even sell the hidden winch plate Ram uses for Power Wagon a la carte for that matter, and that's been on the market how long now?

Aftermarket being someone OTHER than Ford or Warn.

But hey, as noted, happy to dine on a hat. Let me know when that meal's finally ready.

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would guess Ford will prohibit them from selling this design in the aftermarket as it contains Ford proprietary engineering.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would guess Ford will prohibit them from selling this design in the aftermarket as it contains Ford proprietary engineering.
There's likely an arrangement with Ford LPO/ Performance accessories that prevents them from doing that. Non-compete, at the very least. Which is why Warn's not selling that plate for Super Duty, as was previously noted. I don't believe they even sell the hidden winch plate Ram uses for Power Wagon a la carte for that matter, and that's been on the market how long now?

Aftermarket being someone OTHER than Ford or Warn.

But hey, as noted, happy to dine on a hat. Let me know when that meal's finally ready.
It’s your hat counselor, you can eat it anytime you like.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One eats a hat once proven wrong.

Let me know when that OE mount is available independently, as you predict, and I'll not only place an order for it but I'll grill that baseball cap too. :)
Sponsored