Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only concern is, will the tow bar hit the winch bracket above? Especially when going over dips and deep bar ditches

All of the aftermarket bumpers thus far that have winches have welded hooks which is why they say they can't be towed. I guess they don't want the liability and didn't want to spend the time to preheat the metal and weld it correctly.
Great observation. Thatā€˜s a possibility I hadnā€™t thought of but it seems unlikely based on the picture. Would have to be a heck of a dip to create the angle on the tow bars and in my case my diesel pusher probably wouldnā€™t make it through the dip. But would need to see in person, and measure to be sure.

I did get an email response from Body Guard stating their bumpers are flat towing compatibl.
Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great observation. Thatā€˜s a possibility I hadnā€™t thought of but it seems unlikely based on the picture. Would have to be a heck of a dip to create the angle on the tow bars and in my case my diesel pusher probably wouldnā€™t make it through the dip. But would need to see in person, and measure to be sure.

I did get an email response from Body Guard stating their bumpers are flat towing compatibl.
Thanks for the info on the Body Guard. The best I can tell their bumper doesn't mount where the Ford bolt on tow hooks go, therefore you can flat tow because the Ford tow hooks (recovery points) remain.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info on the Body Guard. The best I can tell their bumper doesn't mount where the Ford bolt on tow hooks go, therefore you can flat tow because the Ford tow hooks (recovery points) remain.
Hereā€™s their exact response:

Scott,

Our bumper is able to be pulled that way as long as you hook something to the shackle mounts on the bumper itself.

Judd Oats | National Sales Manager
[email protected]

Bodyguard Bumpers
903-785-8939
2675 Farm Road 79
Paris, TX 75460
www.BodyguardBumpers.com

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hereā€™s their exact response:

Scott,

Our bumper is able to be pulled that way as long as you hook something to the shackle mounts on the bumper itself.

Judd Oats | National Sales Manager
[email protected]

Bodyguard Bumpers
903-785-8939
2675 Farm Road 79
Paris, TX 75460
www.BodyguardBumpers.com
Looks like they are welded on so their answer surprises me.
I will wait until they post more info on their web page and see what it says there..

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If would be a PIA to remove the whole winch mount every time you tow.. Plus it would be heavy
Take a look at the installation details it may be easier than you might imagine - 6 bolts - use some connectors for the battery cables - granted it is heavy and might take you 20 minutes to take it off the way I am thinking.

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a look at the installation details it may be easier than you might imagine - 6 bolts - use some connectors for the battery cables - granted it is heavy and might take you 20 minutes to take it off the way I am thinking.
Sounds like a PIA to me. Every time I want to go off road I have to bolt it back on? No thanks.
If I wanted something easily removable I would build a bumper with a receiver hitch up front and mount the winch there.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you buy the mount only without the winch? I already have a warn evo 10s and donā€™t want to have to buy another one.

Last edited:
OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You act as if I didn't attend the Naval War College, I was referring to the quality of the product not the global threat that the nation poses due to the policies that they are pursuing, especially in the SCS. These are two very different things.

Unfortunately, I do have a clue about it and I can see the train wreck coming. Buying American at this point isn't going to stop this disaster from occurring, that ship sailed long ago and we did it to ourselves starting around 2001.

Tell me again, how is it that you arrived at the conclusion that I don't have a clue?
So if you already know these things, why would you make the comment? No integrity? No loyalty? You clearly already gave up.

Good to see our active military (or veterans for that matter) giving up, especially officers. After my time in, I don't expect much from Naval Academy grads anyways. Being a graduate from the doesn't mean you know anything. 22 y/o kids with no life experience and shot gun of info that they don't retain. Every one of them I've met was arrogant and clueless. Dangerous in a gunfight. Also, being a Naval Academy grad doesn't mean you majored in strategic anything. I know kids from there who majored in marine biology... cute.

If you already know these things and believe that the university you graduated from is so prestigious, act like it and be ready to do the right thing instead of going after someone over a gray comment about it. If anything, we should be on the same page. Is fighting the same team is a winning strategy they teach there? Bet it isn't. Get over yourself homie. Really living the Honor, Courage, and Commitment motto by giving up, aren't ya?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if you already know these things, why would you make the comment? No integrity? No loyalty? You clearly already gave up.

Good to see our active military (or veterans for that matter) giving up, especially officers. After my time in, I don't expect much from Naval Academy grads anyways. Being a graduate from the doesn't mean you know anything. 22 y/o kids with no life experience and shot gun of info that they don't retain. Every one of them I've met was arrogant and clueless. Dangerous in a gunfight. Also, being a Naval Academy grad doesn't mean you majored in strategic anything. I know kids from there who majored in marine biology... cute.

If you already know these things and believe that the university you graduated from is so prestigious, act like it and be ready to do the right thing instead of going after someone over a gray comment about it. If anything, we should be on the same page. Is fighting the same team is a winning strategy they teach there? Bet it isn't. Get over yourself homie. Really living the Honor, Courage, and Commitment motto by giving up, aren't ya?
LOL, so after nearly 25 years of service, you're going to call my upcoming retirement giving up?
Ok, if you want to call it that. Also I didn't say that I graduated from the Naval Academy; I completed coursework through the Naval War College.

Remember, the military doesn't dictate policy, if directed to fight, that's what I would do...

As far as the prestige of any educational institutions I have attended, whatever you say homie.

MDH224

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2021 Bronco BD 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So does anyone know why (according to Ford) that this winch kit is not compatible with Base, BD, & FE? I believe I know why with the the FE and that's due to the ACC. Black diamond and Base don't come with that so that's not the reason for them. Then I found in the accessories catalog that it states, "Not to be installed with Lo-Series headlights." Why would the headlights be a factor???

Ford Bronco Details of the Ford Performance Winch Package - Installed on a Basesquatch tempImageBcCsmP

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.54.56 AM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So does anyone know why (according to Ford) that this winch kit is not compatible with Base, BD, & FE? I believe I know why with the the FE and that's due to the ACC. Black diamond and Base don't come with that so that's not the reason for them. Then I found in the accessories catalog that it states, "Not to be installed with Lo-Series headlights." Why would the headlights be a factor???

tempImageBcCsmP.png
At one point I spoke to a Warn rep who stated that this is compatiblity requirement is with the Modular bumper and these models did not have the Mod Bumper as standard. Why they would state it by model instead of bumper I do not know. I would call Warn and verify.

MDH224

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2021 Bronco BD 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At one point I spoke to a Warn rep who stated that this is compatiblity requirement is with the Modular bumper and these models did not have the Mod Bumper as standard. Why they would state it by model instead of bumper I do not know. I would call Warn and verify.
I added a screen shot (on my original post) of the fitment requirements from a listing to purchase the kit. I just can't make sense of the ones that it won't fit. I will tell you that I have seen a dealer who installed on a BB with the standard plastic bumper, they had to cut the bumper though.

IMG_8B82F9CACF9C-1.jpeg

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD has has mod bumper standard (for '21) though.
Sponsored