First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t we just put Toyota badging on it to make it more reliable?
That would also require swapping in a 20 year old tarted up motor and when Ford tried that with the 4 liter, well, that didn't go well.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@tmason10 Sorry to hear of your issues on the claim. I'm trying to understand how you got so much tension in the system to cause this type failure. What kind of obstacle were you on, and what was going on when it happened? Also, there were plenty of manufactures at the off road expo that had the tie rods already on their show Broncos getting ready for SEMA. I'd call around to find a pair after you get a new rack..

sQuirly

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL 2dr 6mt, 16 First, 87 635csi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I Would think there would be a bump stop between the knuckle and control arm to prevent this failure.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tensile strength of a 1/2 bolt even at grade 5 is like 120 ksi.

I'd like to see a video of you hitting whatever you did to do that. My bet is you went in a little hot.....

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hope OP pursues this warranty claim for everyone. Denied for scraping up the bash plates? Sounds like it was used as intended. At first I thought lifting it would could void any drivetrain related warranty but Ford stamped their letter of approval right on the truck with Lift Me Baby. All that and the fact that Ford marketing is encouraging all this, I can't see how they can legitimately deny any warranty outside of accidents, neglect, and intentional abuse.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would think that there is a liability issue when Ford wrote "lift me baby". on the fender well.
I don't think they will cover this, but it sure would make a nice court case when Ford actually encourages modification right on the vehicle itself. Would think you might have a case if it was only "lifted"

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tensile strength of a 1/2 bolt even at grade 5 is like 120 ksi.

I'd like to see a video of you hitting whatever you did to do that. My bet is you went in a little hot.....
Here is the video…

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the video…
I stand corrected!

That was nothing, a tiny bump, shouldn't have happened there, even with 37s. That was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back but still...

I have to wonder now if there wasn't a quality issue with the hardening of the rack components.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of things here:

As much as the community wants this to be true, the Bronco IS NOT the best off roader on the market. It is great at what it does and seems to be better on road than most true off roaders like a Wrangler. I say "seems" because I've never actually driven a Bronco. The community is falling for Ford's hype and trying to make the Bronco what it isn't.

Secondly, why should a dealership and Ford warranty a repair when a lift AND 37" tires were added? They should 100% warranty the vehicle even with the marks on the skid plate IF it had stock components.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of things here:

As much as the community wants this to be true, the Bronco IS NOT the best off roader on the market. It is great at what it does and seems to be better on road than most true off roaders like a Wrangler. I say "seems" because I've never actually driven a Bronco. The community is falling for Ford's hype and trying to make the Bronco what it isn't.

Secondly, why should a dealership and Ford warranty a repair when a lift AND 37" tires were added? They should 100% warranty the vehicle even with the marks on the skid plate IF it had stock components.
I mean not really. Adding an aftermarket lift changes all of the engineered loads. Would you expect Ford to warranty parts if someone puts a 6in lift on one (which puts the cv's at a super extreme angle)?

I also don't 100% agree with your "Bronco IS NOT the best off roader on the market" statement. Ford specifically targeted the off-road market with the Bronco and they made a GREAT all-around off-road vehicle. Is a stock Rubicon better a rock crawling? Sure. But the Bronco does a lot of off-road things that a Rubicon can't (like going 70mph down a desert trail). I wouldn't say Ford built the "best off roader on the market" but I would say Ford has built one of the best stock all-around off-road vehicles on the market.
Sponsored