Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Go dig up the fine print that went along with this ads. You're the reason there's fine print.
Sooo….I looked it up and I didn’t see anything about it saying if I threw 37s on I would destroy my steering.

The only disclaimer that was on the ad at all was to tread lightly on trails and to protect the environment.

Please can you post the video or ad that actually had fine print saying that lifting the Bronco and adding larger tires would cause catastrophic damage?

Very curious how I missed this.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo….I looked it up and I didn’t see anything about it saying if I threw 37s on I would destroy my steering. Was there a separate ad where they said that, or are you just making stuff up?
I think the fine print he is referring to is the "lift me please" not so fine print in the wheel well....that, and their most notable advertising vehicle riding around on 37s tells you exactly what Ford wants you to do. There is no ambiguity...they want you to mod...they want people running 37s. That's the clear marketing messaging. I do look forward to him actually pasting this supposed "fine print" that was intended for me.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the fine print he is referring to is the "lift me please" not so fine print in the wheel well....that, and their most notable advertising vehicle riding around on 37s tells you exactly what Ford wants you to do. There is no ambiguity...they want you to mod...they want people running 37s. That's the clear marketing messaging. I do look forward to him actually pasting this supposed "fine print" that was intended for me.
Lift me doesn’t mean bigger tires.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lift me doesn’t mean bigger tires.
Almost all lifts state what size tires you can run with them.

Now for the point of this being or not being a warrantee issue I think it depends on what image Ford wants. Yes you have to pay to play, any new year truck is going to have issues. Ford should take this as a learning lesson and fix it. If going from 35s to 37s will beak things this easy they need to beef it up. I have said this before but I do not think the original plan was to run 35s. I think it was going to just compete with Jeep on 33s and let the customer go bigger. Lets see if this is a bigger issue as more people take them out. No I do not call a course specifically designed for the Bronco real world (Offroadeo).

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For most people, it does.....Still waiting for that fine print you promised....
It's the part that says this is a pre-production vehicle and may change.

OP
OP
tmason10

tmason10

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
BroncBuster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes at least according to the Service Manager at North Side Ford in San Antonio TX

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost all lifts state what size tires you can run with them.

Now for the point of this being or not being a warrantee issue I think it depends on what image Ford wants. Yes you have to pay to play, any new year truck is going to have issues. Ford should take this as a learning lesson and fix it. If going from 35s to 37s will beak things this easy they need to beef it up. I have said this before but I do not think the original plan was to run 35s. I think it was going to just compete with Jeep on 33s and let the customer go bigger. Lets see if this is a bigger issue as more people take them out. No I do not call a course specifically designed for the Bronco real world (Offroadeo).
So if I put 40+in tires on a Bronco and stuff breaks it's Ford's fault? Just not the way the real world works. If I put 35s on a Base and it breaks then you have a case as 35s come on a similar model with the same equipment.

But as soon as you go outside what the vehicle is designed for (and sold as) you have exceeded the terms of the warranty (assuming the part that breaks is directly related to the part you changed).

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So if I put 40+in tires on a Bronco and stuff breaks it's Ford's fault? Just not the way the real world works. If I put 35s on a Base and it breaks then you have a case as 35s come on a similar model with the same equipment.

But as soon as you go outside what the vehicle is designed for (and sold as) you have exceeded the terms of the warranty (assuming the part that breaks is directly related to the part you changed).
He did not go outside of what the vehicle was designed for, he drove it off-road.

Second, the warranty was declined for scratches, not tires.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The badlands have the bigger front diff and drivelines than the base. Most vehicles are designed with a magin of error. The Sas tire is a 34.5 x 12.7" real dimensions. The Nittos are 36.8 x13.4. You should be able to just one size on a vehicle ment to be modified without much issue. If the Truck came stock with 38s then 40s should be fine.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A few weeks back Bronco6G posted this picture of my Bronco having catastrophic failure while on king of the hill K2 Ketemcy Ranch in Mason Tx. Here is the update and caution.

#1 I did exactly what’s stamped in the fender wells “lift me baby” and added 2” lift.
#2 I added 37” tires to my stock rims
#3 I wheeled this thing every weekend at some very difficult trails in TX. From trees ranch, K2, and hidden falls.

I’ll say this machine is awesome and did a lot of things others with similar features couldn’t. Three weeks ago when my rack and pinion, and inners failed I realized these components are really similar in size to that of a UTV and not a marketed off road vehicle. (Bought for this purpose and not a daily) I held on to it and didn’t initially take into warranty with Ford mainly because why put the same undersized parts back on to happen over and over again.

Once I realized there is no aftermarket solution and won’t be for a long time, I decided to take it in and let Ford warranty and fix with parts that are not the long term solution but at least allow me to use until new solutions come available. In the end Dealership (Northside Ford San Antonio Tx) turned down. Not for any reason but the fact I have scratches all over my skid plates. Yes they admitted they never dissembled anything just put on lift and declined for and I quote “ looks like a cheese grater went through the underside of your vehicle.”

I refuse to pay $2,200 for faulty design so now I’m left as the consumer to figure out a better solution. I have another Badlands coming in three weeks for the wife and would love better solutions. I attached pictures for reference of the undersized components. Not Whining just looking to help others and hopefully work together as a community to truly make the Ford Bronco the best off road vehicle on the market.

25F13FFC-FB75-4DE4-8182-585D66216392.jpeg

7D363D49-4172-456A-9D5A-1784543D0BAB.jpeg
So this is two different Broncos that this happened to? Stock SAS tires on one and Nittos on the other or did you swap out tires?
Sponsored