Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
He did not go outside of what the vehicle was designed for, he drove it off-road.
So this is a warranty issue - Apparently he may have gone outside what it’s warranted for-
Ford 2021 Warranty-

“ Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis, electronics or their components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company “

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So this is a warranty issue - Apparently he may have gone outside what it’s warranted for-
Ford 2021 Warranty-

“ Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis, electronics or their components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company “
Yet they say, lift me on Easter eggs and show numerous ways you can modify it.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s pretty sad the dealer wouldn’t warranty the issue as it’s looks to me to be an issue. Sure the customer found the weakest link in the drive train. It’s an off road vehicle, they should fix it.

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
A few weeks back Bronco6G posted this picture of my Bronco having catastrophic failure while on king of the hill K2 Ketemcy Ranch in Mason Tx. Here is the update and caution.

#1 I did exactly what’s stamped in the fender wells “lift me baby” and added 2” lift.
#2 I added 37” tires to my stock rims
#3 I wheeled this thing every weekend at some very difficult trails in TX. From trees ranch, K2, and hidden falls.

I’ll say this machine is awesome and did a lot of things others with similar features couldn’t. Three weeks ago when my rack and pinion, and inners failed I realized these components are really similar in size to that of a UTV and not a marketed off road vehicle. (Bought for this purpose and not a daily) I held on to it and didn’t initially take into warranty with Ford mainly because why put the same undersized parts back on to happen over and over again.

Once I realized there is no aftermarket solution and won’t be for a long time, I decided to take it in and let Ford warranty and fix with parts that are not the long term solution but at least allow me to use until new solutions come available. In the end Dealership (Northside Ford San Antonio Tx) turned down. Not for any reason but the fact I have scratches all over my skid plates. Yes they admitted they never dissembled anything just put on lift and declined for and I quote “ looks like a cheese grater went through the underside of your vehicle.”

I refuse to pay $2,200 for faulty design so now I’m left as the consumer to figure out a better solution. I have another Badlands coming in three weeks for the wife and would love better solutions. I attached pictures for reference of the undersized components. Not Whining just looking to help others and hopefully work together as a community to truly make the Ford Bronco the best off road vehicle on the market.

25F13FFC-FB75-4DE4-8182-585D66216392.jpeg

c86545a8-9a8f-4680-8cdf-209d064dce30-jpeg.jpg

b8f8878a-e143-4e68-81f8-8908ada9328c-jpeg.jpg

05461FB2-97B2-481A-9A89-9ABA2FB0A502.jpeg
7D363D49-4172-456A-9D5A-1784543D0BAB.jpeg
I would think ford would warranty it only because the Broncos are just coming out. That way if they see issues that may need redesigned. Need real people to drive and beat up stuff. I believe just like I see on YouTube Jeeps go to 37in and stuff wears out quicker and can break.
clink on the link Howe Performance, they do bigger steering boxes and racks. After market up grade and go to a fab shop to have it installed.
https://www.howeperformance.com

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s pretty sad the dealer wouldn’t warranty the issue as it’s looks to me to be an issue. Sure the customer found the weakest link in the drive train. It’s an off road vehicle, they should fix it.
Depending on if this was a fluke or not this seems more like a recall than a warrantee issue. I wish the video was not sped up.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on if this was a fluke or not this seems more like a recall than a warrantee issue. I wish the video was not sped up.
Either way it should be a covered replacement.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tr
Yet they say, lift me on Easter eggs and show numerous ways you can modify it.
True- Ford Performance provided after-purchase warranted lift kits for the Ranger and F150.
If they do it for the Bronco, then that covers the “ Lift me “.
Comes down to why would Ford warrant parts of modified assemblies they had no part in engineering.
I haven’t seen the available Mods Kits that Ford partner on.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The best thing to do for a trail busted warranty visit is a long detailed trip to the self-serve car wash, followed by returning to original wheels and tires, etc., etc.
The scratches underneath are proof that the "bash" plates work - there are no scratches on what they protect - take them off if they look that bad - just sent them out to get powder coated.
Finally, do not post any wrecking-crew video's - the Dealer has board employees' with computers and phones.
Make the Dealer and Ford Rep's work for that denial.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kudos to the OP for wearin' his big boy britches and fessin' up to exactly what he did to modify his Bronc and exactly how he used it.! When I read his post here, I really don't hear a bunch of pissin' and moanin' and whining. Sounds to me like he’s accepted his bad luck. Maybe I’m wrong.! Having said all that, I DEFINITELY think Ford would be all over this figuring out the how/why/what-to-do! I’ve already dropped $60K plus for a Badlands and I LOVE it.! BUT…..Ford missed the mark w/IFS….shoulda had a Dana solid with a big two digit model designation.! IMHO.!

Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The best thing to do for a trail busted warranty visit is a long detailed trip to the self-serve car wash, followed by returning to original wheels and tires, etc., etc.
The scratches underneath are proof that the "bash" plates work - there are no scratches on what they protect - take them off if they look that bad - just sent them out to get powder coated.
Finally, do not post any wrecking-crew video's - the Dealer has board employees' with computers and phones.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs