Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is, it should already be stock with factory 35's.
My thoughts exactly. If the original spec is not sufficient while the wheel wells and overwhelming marketing communications scream “lift me baby” in what world is the correct answer “oh yeah, we can sell you that as an upgrade”.

@Ford Motor Company are you guys fucking with us at this point?
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how the Broncos been out this long, and this is the only ammo Jeep/IFS haters have.

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All i'll say is wow to the OP for trying to hold Ford accountable for this. You want to play and expect Ford to warranty you ? At least put the factory lift back and whatever tires you have for the package you bought. Lol. And i'm sure Ford monitor this forum you can bet your house on it....

I remember Cadillac 1st gen CTS-V owners trying to get warranty repairs on their glassy rear diff when they're grenading at the 1/4 mile track with Mickey Thompson sticky tires on them. You can't expect the manufacturer to cover your need for speed or offroad :), much less when the package didn't include 37's. Where in the warranty book does it says they'll cover if you broke offroading ?
At least try to claim you broke in a parking lot, but your skids and underbelly will tell the tale. I remember i tried the play once to cover a rear axle on my Stang, the shop manager came out and told me Ford wasn't paying for the rapairs, furthermore they'll have to charge me to clean the fender wheels from the excessive burned rubber i had in there.. hahahaha. It was a good tried but i've learned my lessons since then.. If you want to play be ready to pay ....

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so I dont use my Bronco for off-roading and likely never will. I have atv's that i use for that sort of thing. I enjoy atv's more and honestly im too cheap to abuse my 60k vehicle like that. In my experience though with our atv's over the years I would say everything breaks if you push it hard or abuse it enough, that's just part of the game. Is this really a major negative for the Bronco or is it something you should expect to have to upgrade on any vehicle if your doing that type of off-roading? honest question from someone that has never done that type of off-roading.

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
so I dont use my Bronco for off-roading and likely never will. I have atv's that i use for that sort of thing. I enjoy atv's more and honestly im too cheap to abuse my 60k vehicle like that. In my experience though with our atv's over the years I would say everything breaks if you push it hard or abuse it enough, that's just part of the game. Is this really a major negative for the Bronco or is it something you should expect to have to upgrade on any vehicle if your doing that type of off-roading? honest question from someone that has never done that type of off-roading.
You'll be fine for most offroad tasks, really you don't have to be scared of putting your Bronco to the paces in 4lo. Use common sense though. Just like you have learned from your atvs. Common sense can take anybody a long long ways on factory parts. i wouldn't let these pics scare me, i'll be more cautious to wheel a Bronco with 37's that's it. You should be ok to beat on it (don't abuse it) on 33's, little more concerned to beat on it with 35's but the factory put 35's on the SAS package so should be ok to wheel it relatively hard on 35's, definetely do not wheel it hard with 37's. common sense is the key.

Should you expect to upgrade to wheel it harder ? yes with the bigger tires. Look at the guys at KOH with IFS.. they run very expensive heavier duty parts so they can bounce and abuse those vehicles. It'll be a learning curve for everybody on factory Bronco parts . . stick to 35's for now tops and see how far you can go with them. Avoid rocking it, bouncing it, avoid the "bump it" or "send it" calls especially if your trail party have been having refreshements that impair their/your ability to use common sense. :). If you have a winch don't be affraid to use it.

If you have a heavily modded vehicle then by all means have fun with it. Those big Jeeps/trucks you see in youtube videos with big tires running crazy trails have quite a bit of money invested in them. They're far away from stock and can be abused in so many ways is not even funny, but know even those can brake sometimes and the repairs cost will make you cry as well.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

You'll be fine for most offroad tasks, really you don't have to be scared of putting your Bronco to the paces in 4lo. Use common sense though. Just like you have learned from your atvs. Common sense can take anybody a long long ways on factory parts. i wouldn't let these pics scare me, i'll be more cautious to wheel a Bronco with 37's that's it. You should be ok to beat on it (don't abuse it) on 33's, little more concerned to beat on it with 35's but the factory put 35's on the SAS package so should be ok to wheel it relatively hard on 35's, definetely do not wheel it hard with 37's. common sense is the key.

Should you expect to upgrade to wheel it harder ? yes with the bigger tires. Look at the guys at KOH with IFS.. they run very expensive heavier duty parts so they can bounce and abuse those vehicles. It'll be a learning curve for everybody on factory Bronco parts . . stick to 35's for now tops and see how far you can go with them. Avoid rocking it, bouncing it, avoid the "bump it" or "send it" calls especially if your trail party have been having refreshements that impair their/your ability to use common sense. :). If you have a winch don't be affraid to use it.

If you have a heavily modded vehicle then by all means have fun with it. Those big Jeeps/trucks you see in youtube videos with big tires running crazy trails have quite a bit of money invested in them. They're far away from stock and can be abused in so many ways is not even funny, but know even those can brake sometimes and the repairs cost will make you cry as well.
So if I understand you, in Fords advertising for the Bronco, the only images they showed was the Bronco bombing it up off-road. Then they shared via Bronco nation, Lauren Healy taking it everywhere to include in reverse up hells gate. Additionally, they included in the wheel well the words “lift me.”

But with all that, they never expected us to use the vehicle off-road, or in a manner associated with their advertising.

Just want to make sure that’s what your saying. Because, I would understand if they said they wouldn’t honor the warranty for a claim about doing burnouts on the road with the Bronco, especially since they don’t have an advertisement showing the Bronco on the road.

But since the OP used the vehicle in the same manner as the their advertisements and also the Bronco off-roadeo, I’d say he has sufficient evidence to file a claim and reasonably expect them to fix the vehicle. Or at least fix any part not associated with the aftermarket lift. If Ford installed the lift, I would expect them to fix that too.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
”FORD INTRODUCES NEW ACCESSORIES FOR 2022 TO ELEVATE BRONCO PERFORMANCE”
“Severe-Duty Steering System and Performance Tuning
Ford Performance Parts also developed several new Bronco chassis components for the Bronco two- and four-door SUVs, including new severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends to further improve steering system durability under high loads. The team also created performance tuning for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine that can be uploaded via a Pro-Cal 4 scan tool to the OBDII port.”

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sure hope they're putting beefier parts on the Bronco Raptor, which would hopefully mean an OEM upgrade path for us. A stripped rack is sketchy and I'm afraid we're going to see plenty of this even from stock rigs.
When my Wildtrak comes in (hopefully next year!) I will keep the components stock until there is a Ford warrantied upgrade. In another thread, a mechanic pointed out that the tie rods looked under-specced for an offroad vehicle. Too bad that they didn't beef this up for Sasquatch. Not that I typically do crazy stuff: I really value bulletproof components.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FWIW I think Ford had no legal liability here. On the other hand, fixing the OPs ride and doing a thorough evaluation on what led to the failure should be worth far more to Ford than the cost of fixing the truck.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True, but not much of an argument on which is better. King of the Hammers proves both IFS and SA are very competitive with each other. ;)
And if you have cubic dollars, you can make almost anything look good. It's all a matter of budget!

In the meanwhile, I'll be in the corner, just rockin' a little set of pathetic 33's.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Details & update for 2021 Bronco Badlands with steering rack failure on King of the Hill K2 Trail 2D9AF0BA-DDD8-4EA1-8209-EE92A5E9C12C
I’ve officially joined the club. No where near abusive and that crap snapped like a twig.
Did it just snap the left side tie rod? Any idea if the steering rack is stripped or intact?

bman3000

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep GC 5.7, 93 Wrangler, 20 Polaris Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did it just snap the left side tie rod? Any idea if the steering rack is stripped or intact?
Rack is still intact. Only broke the driver side. Welded it back together and drove it home. You know if I can just replace to rod? Seems it might be serviceable.
Ford Bronco Details & update for 2021 Bronco Badlands with steering rack failure on King of the Hill K2 Trail 07318C03-76A9-4907-97D3-A1ADE4E55DBC
Sponsored