Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Details are what can separate something from good to great.

What are some details you’d like to see Ford implement and or focus on with the new Bronco?

I feel like we’ve covered everything else so at this point I think it would be interesting and fun to get everyone’s opinions on what smaller details they would like to see.

Heritage; I’d love to see some homage to the history and icon of the Bronco. An early Bronco badge script on maybe the right side of the dash would be really nice. I love the esthetics of the early Bronco font lettering.
513SNQh09kL._SX425_.jpg

Also that bucking Bronco would be cool to see on the tailgate or at least on the spare tire cover again.

Fenders; the first thing an off-road vehicle usually damages is the fenders. More specificity the lip of the wheel-well as it sticks out the furthest. Making these easier to replace will go a long way and make aftermarket and customizing easier. So win win.

Center console; It’s such a basic thing but one that a lot of car companies don’t focus on and a little detail on them goes such a long way in convenience. Jeep is very limited in storage and is a weak point Ford should exploit. A good size glove box but most of all a decent size and working center console with USBs usable storage. It can really persuade people when it comes to rating interiors.

Simple interior; now unlike the console the rest of the interior should be more on the simple side. Meaning rear seats that can come out easy or at least be able to fold down flat. Interior space and maximizing it is key. As this is also a weak point in the Jeep that Ford can capitalize on. Also rubber floor boards or mats if you will. Drain plugs would be very handy as well. Just a more simple easy to clean interior that I hope is a bit unique from the Rangers.

Good tires; now this is something that most of us would like to change out first. However, it’s important for Ford to give it some capable tires straight out the factory. It’s such an important element on maximizing and showcasing its capabilities. Especially when it’s tested against other vehicles in its class. A lot of the time vehicles are hindered by their poor off-road tires it comes with. It’s important for the Bronco to test well out of the box, be competitive and have bragging rights. I’d hate to see it underachieve just because of bad off-road tires.

Good lighting/visibility; of course strong headlights but also good interior overhead lighting. Being out in the elements at night it’s very helpful.
Easy to read dash and accessibility. I don’t need a big touch screen but simple easy to read and see instrument panel and dash is a detail I appreciate.
Even one of those LED lights that shine down when you open the doors would be a fun detail. Like how the Mustang has the horse logo shine down. The Bronco could have the bucking bronco shine down.
Make it as easy to see over the hood as possible and easy to see around A-pillars. Have removable doors and of course open removable roof and sunroof.
Now a bonus would be to have a front mounted camera. At least as an option that would be a really great detail.

Styling; again hoping it pays some homage. It looks like it’s going to have round head lights and that’s fine. A nice round LED DTR headlights would be nice as these seem to give a vehicle its own personality/look at night these days.
The hood, I love that it looks like Ford will be giving the new Bronco an early Bronco looking hood. Taking in the account of the flared up edges on the front side panels. Great idea and look with a bit of a hood scoop. Some air slots would be welcomed as well.
I hope they do the rear top like the BroncoG6 rendering. The way they used the look of the FS Broncos top. A slightly tailored and angled look to it. Very recognizable as a Bronco silhouette.
Flat and boxy side panels is another styling detail I hope it has.
Also a flat windshield. I know the FJ Cruiser had issues with the windshield cracking a lot and know that it will cut down on aerodynamics but it’s such a key factor in making the Bronco rugged looking and boxy the way I like it.

Miscellaneous; so little things like an ac electric plug outlets. Multiple USB outlets. A small cooler option or toolbox that says Bronco on it.
Lockable storage areas.
A recovery shovel mount with a shovel. Maybe on the rear tire mount.
Captain chairs. I know I said simple interior but my FB had fold down arm rest and it was a very nice feature on long road trips. I don’t think any Wanglers come with those.
No auto engine stop. Or at least a button that lets us turn it off. I’m sure it saves gas but that’s just something I don’t want when off-roading. Also a way to shut off warnings when off-road.
Don’t use a rotary gear change.
Have door handles like the F150.
Make it so it can fit 33” tires without a lift.
Make a factory winch option and snorkel option.

Last but not least just some more simple things I think we all want. Multiple skid plates. Tow hooks front and back. Best approach and departure angles you can do. Lots of color choices including two tone or at least an option to make the top white or black. Good audio system. Rear and front locker blah blah blah we all know the rest. Ive said more then enough and could go on forever. What are some details you’d like?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great post! ! ONe thing I would add....be water proof! I'd love to not worry about rain, spinklers, bog water ruining the interior! Especially the electronics!

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post! ! ONe thing I would add....be water proof! I'd love to not worry about rain, spinklers, bog water ruining the interior! Especially the electronics!
Definitely. I wonder how open they are going to make the cab section. If it is indeed going to have removable doors then waterproofing is going to need to be a focus regardless.
If they make the cab section more open air style like a Jeep you would think it would have to have a more waterproof interior then say the Ranger.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are some details you’d like to see Ford implement and or focus on with the new Bronco?
Fenders; the first thing an off-road vehicle usually damages is the fenders. More specificity the lip of the wheel-well as it sticks out the furthest. Making these easier to replace will go a long way and make aftermarket and customizing easier. So win win.
I think the fenders are one subtle areas that can have a big impact on the long term perception of the Bronco. Even if it only comes with 31" tires from the factory, having a shape and construction that easily allows up-sizing, replacement and modification will be very important.

I'm hoping that the sheetmetal will be shaped to allow up to a 37" tire, and something along the likes of a trim piece flare+liner will make it look appropriate for whatever size comes with the trim level.

Center console; ... Jeep is very limited in storage and is a weak point Ford should exploit. A good size glove box but most of all a decent size and working center console with USBs usable storage. It can really persuade people when it comes to rating interiors.

Simple interior; now unlike the console the rest of the interior should be more on the simple side. Meaning seats that can come out easy or at least be able to fold down flat. Interior space and maximizing it is key. ...
The interior will allow Bronco to differentiate itself from the Wrangler -- but at the same time it needs to follow some of the precedent set by the Wrangler and differentiate itself from 'regular' trucks too. The Bronco should have more space to utilize and Ford really needs to use it to do something Jeep simply can't due to physical limitations. Some hard-point mount/rail/accessory locations and thought toward the spaces that Ford doesn't utilize, but the end user could with some aftermarket personalizations will make Bronco stand out from the typical vehicle.

Good tires; now this is something that most of us would like to change out first. However, it’s important for Ford to give it some capable tires straight out the factory. It’s such an important element on maximizing and showcasing its capabilities. Especially when it’s tested against other vehicles in its class.
What Ford offers here will tell us a lot about what they design the Bronco to be capable of. This is one of the details that really separates 'soft road' posers like crossovers using adventurous marketing language from vehicles with real off road capability. The initial wave of reviews and feedback on capability will depend a lot on the factory optioned tires.

Good lighting/visibility; of course strong headlights but also good interior overhead lighting. ... Make it as easy to see over the hood as possible and easy to see around A pillars. ... Now a bonus would be to have a front mounted camera. ...
The capability of the exterior lighting and the shape and placement of the reflectors will be a big factor in how the design is perceived. Many trucks offer up-sized alternators and some limited up-fitter circuitry -- I think a great one-upsmanship the Bronco could offer would be not just to offer a few auxiliary switches in the dash/console, but also a small (and aftermarket up-scalable) power block for auxiliary equipment under the hood.

Visibility around the A-pillar and over the hood are one of the details that are concerning with the anticipated design. Taking some of the things learned from Superduty trucks and placing a few extra external cameras on the side mirrors or front grille could be critical for staying competitive with the dovetailed front end of the Wrangler.

One caveat to that though is to avoid the obnoxiously large obstructions put in the windshield (and other windows) of so many vehicles to accommodate cameras and other driver nannies near the rearview mirror. One thing I miss from old SUVs that so few vehicles do well today is preserving the glass of the greenhouse for human visibility and observance of the scenery at any angle (full size vans like the Transit are a perfect example of this, the windows look huge from the outside, but from the inside nearly half of that area is covered or blacked out).

Interior Materials is one topic you dance around in several of your points that I think will be crucial. Weather resistance and occupant comfort are at odds in many ways regarding which materials to use. Most vehicles only offer a basic option and a leather upgrade. I think having some good options here is one way the Bronco could stand out -- both in the structural and tactile details of the materials, but also in color choices. Not just for the upholstery, but the dash, console, doors, and roof interior.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interior Materials is one topic you dance around in several of your points that I think will be crucial. Weather resistance and occupant comfort are at odds in many ways regarding which materials to use. Most vehicles only offer a basic option and a leather upgrade. I think having some good options here is one way the Bronco could stand out -- both in the structural and tactile details of the materials, but also in color choices. Not just for the upholstery, but the dash, console, doors, and roof interior.
I could not agree more with your added points. Great feedback

The interior material I almost brought up but I figured there are many aftermarket covers to assist in this area. However, Ford could definitely stand out here and offer some unique choices.
As far as colors I think Ford could learn from the FJ Cruiser here a bit. As one of its highlights was their Trail Team trims that color matched the outside with the interior and dash. The look of the FJ Cruisers dash was pretty robust and blocky but the flat upright aspect is what I’d ideally like to see with added color. Jeep has now begun to do the same with color matching and it looks great.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep capitalizes on their brand with little visual cues everywhere on the vehicle. It would be nice to hide a bucking bronco or an old grille design in a couple places the same way Jeep hides their branding.

You hit a sore spot on tires: give me a minimal tire option at a reduced cost. Like a 235/65/15, so I can throw them in the shed without being too angry about the wasted money and resources. Sure, you can off OEM premium wheel/tire combos to people with lower trim levels, but they're always at a huge discount and the market is usually flooded with them. On the same note, radio and speaker delete option - their best effort won't match what I'll install for 1/3 the cost. Probably impossible with all the integrated head/navigation/climate control/camera systems.

Otherwise, I agree with all the comments here, and I would add a 360* "helicopter view" camera system, customer access power and prewires in various places for upfitting - anticipated roof-mount LED bar, grille lights, hard-mounted compressor, etc. Leaving a couple unused thru-firewall wire ports is a long-forgotten luxury. A dedicated, integrated place to mount/power a tablet for navigation and TorquePro for engine monitoring would be huge.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... You hit a sore spot on tires: give me a minimal tire option at a reduced cost. Like a 235/65/15, so I can throw them in the shed without being too angry about the wasted money and resources. Sure, you can off OEM premium wheel/tire combos to people with lower trim levels, but they're always at a huge discount and the market is usually flooded with them. On the same note, radio and speaker delete option - their best effort won't match what I'll install for 1/3 the cost. Probably impossible with all the integrated head/navigation/climate control/camera systems....
Delete options in general, yes please. Most manufacturers like to 'bundle' a lot of garbage options in as prerequisites or required add-ons.

I'd happily take top end drivetrain options with base model electronics. So many people will want to pick custom/aftermarket wheels/tires it would be nice to have a base/delete option for that too.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Individual features are important, but the characteristic all legends share is 'wicked good looks'. Coupl'a examples are the Defender 90 & FJ40. To my eye L/W/H can set a good foundation, but its all in the lines. Of course, That cake is already in the oven so we'll just have to wait for the curtain to go up.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
THE ONLY WAY TO A BIGGER CO NSOLE IS TO PUT SHIFT ON THE TREE NOT ON THE FLOOR HANKOOK TIRES A MUST LOTS OF GLASS IN THE REAR WITH BACK-UP CAMERA

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THE ONLY WAY TO A BIGGER CO NSOLE IS TO PUT SHIFT ON THE TREE NOT ON THE FLOOR HANKOOK TIRES A MUST LOTS OF GLASS IN THE REAR WITH BACK-UP CAMERA
no three on the tree, please God no.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Individual features are important, but the characteristic all legends share is 'wicked good looks'. Coupl'a examples are the Defender 90 & FJ40. To my eye L/W/H can set a good foundation, but its all in the lines. Of course, That cake is already in the oven so we'll just have to wait for the curtain to go up.
I agree. I'm hoping the new Bronco is basically a Defender 90 looking Bronco (if that makes sense). A boxy rugged looking SUV that takes defining elements of past Broncos. I think that combo would do justice and make for a very wicked and iconic good looks.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree. I'm hoping the new Bronco is basically a Defender 90 looking Bronco (if that makes sense). A boxy rugged looking SUV that takes defining elements of past Broncos. I think that combo would do justice and make for a very wicked and iconic good looks.
that'd be beyond sweet :wink:

f241b096e08d68659db3fe6e5b4c06c6--geneva-motor-show-land-rover-defender.jpg

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Defender 90 is actually narrower than a Jeep Wrangler, which is likely slightly narrower than the new Bronco will be. Also the D90 is a hair over 4k lbs. healthy midsize range, actually on the low end. I personally think the D90 version of a "midget mobile" is pretty sweet.
Sponsored