Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMG_4329.JPG

What I have done so far.....

Sound System

The last time I did this I went overboard and built fiberglass speaker boxes, added in-dash computers, added speaker locations, with multiple amps and DSP/Bass restoration. I didn't want to do that this time. I wanted simple complete sound system. Once I got into it I realized I don't the amount of free time as I once did. Everything was done in two hour chunks over a few weeks, so everything is broken up in the order I did them.

Front Speakers

I went with a 2 way component set I had laying around. They are Infinity PR6510CS's. They are decent but I will probably switch them to a 3 way set soon. They can be found on amazon for $75. If that is your budget they are great. They woofers mounted with no modifications using the adapters that came with the set. For the tweeters I used a set of universal tweeter adapters (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGMW76V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

41-Z1DBP-hL._AC_.jpg

They fit perfectly by sliding the alignment pins in the dash through the outside holes and pinching them down with the factory screws. I did have to shave down the sides and open the center hole more for the tweeter to fit.

IMG_4399.JPG

I used the factory wiring and connected it to the crossover and mounted it under the woofer in the kick panel speaker cavity. It took about an hour.

Rear Speakers

These took a little more work. I got a set of 6.5" Coaxial's (Infinity Primus PR6512IS), after hearing the component set I figured if I stuck with the same product line I would be happy. I also like the way the speaker grilles looked.

615HhHyhQsL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

These thing sound amazing. These made a huge difference even without them being amplified. If you are only changing speakers with no Amp I would highly recommend putting 6.5"s in the rear. To mount them I purchased a set of universal speaker pods(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001285919509.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.140a4c4d0rj8Qu).

H0d813d810a1240419287bcbd762df71ev.jpeg

They are a good quality, and made with out of a thick plastic. I stuck some polyfill in them and installed the speakers.

53ABD84F-6816-49CB-A511-10D6C4DBDFF3.jpeg

To mount them I got a sheet if 16 gauge steel and fabricated bracket that bolted in to the factory location on the crossbar. To wire them I used the plugs off of the factory speakers. To prevent rattling and scratching I put furniture pads where the bracket connects to the car and speaker. Unfortunately I couldn't find black so ended up using brown.

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

Amplifier/Sub/Wiring

For the amplifier I wanted to keep it simple, so I got a 5 channel amp. I stuck with Infinity for that and got a refurbished Infinity Reference 7005A (https://www.ebay.com/itm/304179387149?). I have a two door so the is literally no place to hide a medium size amp, so it got mounted on the subwoofer box :sick:.

IMG_4450.JPG

Line Output Converter

Since the Bronco doesn't have a full range signal going to the rear speakers I had to get a converter that did channel summing. I ordered an Audio Control LC7i and found them cheap on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/193131647464). In order for it to send a full signal to all channels you need to wire your rear signal to channel 1 and turn summing on for all channels. Another feature that the LC7i has that makes it very useful is Accubass. When you turn the volume up the factory stereo lowers the bass in order to protect the cheap factory speakers, this corrects that.

IMG_4451.JPG

Wiring

I ordered a Loopback Harness Elite from LLJ Customs (https://lljcustoms.com/collections/ford/products/2018-2023-select-ford-elite-harness). There customer service is awful and it took almost 3x as long as advertised to receive, but damn it they make a high quality product. It made wiring the amplifier extremely simple. If you get the loopback harness it plugs directly into the stereo and sends the speaker out put and power to the line output converter, then it takes the output signal from your amp back to the stereo harness. That means you dont have to run new wire to your speakers and keeps the amp instal super clean. Well worth the wait.

EXTENSionLLJcustoms15ft-2_447ff29f-49a6-4e61-9df1-facf80ca78fb_2000x.png

For the power wire I ended up using a KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4 Gauge amp kit(http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-a.../complete-4-gauge-amplifier-installation-kit/). It is 100% OFC, Knuconcepts make a great wire. I only needed a fuse holder and power/ground wire, but it was cheaper to get a full kit. I ran the power wire down the diver's side and loopback harness down the passenger side to avoid any line hum.

81-LedGR7cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Subwoofer

The rest of the sound system was so clean I decided to spend more then I planned on a subwoofer. I normally would go with an Image Dynamics ID Max in a sealed box , but i tried a ported JL Audio instead. I was not disappointed, the JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3 is unbelievably powerful and clean. I like a lot of bass and I had to lower my gains by about 70% after tuning it. I could not recommend it more.

IMG_4453.JPG

The only change I plan on making is swapping out the front speakers for a 3 way component set.
Sponsored

Last edited:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did the bass sound with just the rear 6.5 replacement and not the sub? I feel like that would be enough for me

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting! I really like that LLJ harness. I've been watching to see if PAC comes out with an Amp Pro for the newer Ford's / Bronco, but this looks like a cleaner and less expensive option. An aftermarket stereo is the first mod I plan for my non-Lux Badlands when / If I get it.

OP
OP
DFNMAN

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did the bass sound with just the rear 6.5 replacement and not the sub? I feel like that would be enough for me
The front speakers only get a low frequency signal from the factory. They did sound great without the amplifier though.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMG_4329.JPG

What I have done so far.....

Sound System

The last time I did this I went overboard and built fiberglass speaker boxes, added in-dash computers, added speaker locations, with multiple amps and DSP/Bass restoration. I didn't want to do that this time. I wanted simple complete sound system. Once I got into it I realized I don't the amount of free time as I once did. Everything was done in two hour chunks over a few weeks, so everything is broken up in the order I did them.

Front Speakers

I went with a 2 way component set I had laying around. They are Infinity PR6510CS's. They are decent but I will probably switch them to a 3 way set soon. They can be found on amazon for $75. If that is your budget they are great. They woofers mounted with no modifications using the adapters that came with the set. For the tweeters I used a set of universal tweeter adapters (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGMW76V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

41-Z1DBP-hL._AC_.jpg

They fit perfectly by sliding the alignment pins in the dash through the outside holes and pinching them down with the factory screws. I did have to shave down the sides and open the center hole more for the tweeter to fit.

IMG_4399.JPG

I used the factory wiring and connected it to the crossover and mounted it under the woofer in the kick panel speaker cavity. It took about an hour.

Rear Speakers

These took a little more work. I got a set of 6.5" Coaxial's (Infinity Primus PR6512IS), after hearing the component set I figured if I stuck with the same product line I would be happy. I also like the way the speaker grilles looked.

615HhHyhQsL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

These thing sound amazing. These made a huge difference even without them being amplified. If you are only changing speakers with no Amp I would highly recommend putting 6.5"s in the rear. To mount them I purchased a set of universal speaker pods(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001285919509.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.140a4c4d0rj8Qu).

H0d813d810a1240419287bcbd762df71ev.jpeg

They are a good quality, and made with out of a thick plastic. I stuck some polyfill in them and installed the speakers.

53ABD84F-6816-49CB-A511-10D6C4DBDFF3.jpeg

To mount them I got a sheet if 16 gauge steel and fabricated bracket that bolted in to the factory location on the crossbar. To wire them I used the plugs off of the factory speakers. To prevent rattling and scratching I put furniture pads where the bracket connects to the car and speaker. Unfortunately I couldn't find black so ended up using brown.

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

Amplifier/Sub/Wiring

For the amplifier I wanted to keep it simple, so I got a 5 channel amp. I stuck with Infinity for that and got a refurbished Infinity Reference 7005A (https://www.ebay.com/itm/304179387149?). I have a two door so the is literally no place to hide a medium size amp, so it got mounted on the subwoofer box :sick:.

IMG_4450.JPG

Line Output Converter

Since the Bronco doesn't have a full range signal going to the rear speakers I had to get a converter that did channel summing. I ordered an Audio Control LC7i and found them cheap on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/193131647464). In order for it to send a full signal to all channels you need to wire your rear signal to channel 1 and turn summing on for all channels. Another feature that the LC7i has that makes it very useful is Accubass. When you turn the volume up the factory stereo lowers the bass in order to protect the cheap factory speakers, this corrects that.

IMG_4451.JPG

Wiring

I ordered a Loopback Harness Elite from LLJ Customs (https://lljcustoms.com/collections/ford/products/2018-2023-select-ford-elite-harness). There customer service is awful and it took almost 3x as long as advertised to receive, but damn it they make a high quality product. It made wiring the amplifier extremely simple. If you get the loopback harness it plugs directly into the stereo and sends the speaker out put and power to the line output converter, then it takes the output signal from your amp back to the stereo harness. That means you dont have to run new wire to your speakers and keeps the amp instal super clean. Well worth the wait.

EXTENSionLLJcustoms15ft-2_447ff29f-49a6-4e61-9df1-facf80ca78fb_2000x.png

For the power wire I ended up using a KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4 Gauge amp kit(http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-a.../complete-4-gauge-amplifier-installation-kit/). It is 100% OFC, Knuconcepts make a great wire. I only needed a fuse holder and power/ground wire, but it was cheaper to get a full kit. I ran the power wire down the diver's side and loopback harness down the passenger side to avoid any line hum.

81-LedGR7cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Subwoofer

The rest of the sound system was so clean I decided to spend more then I planned on a subwoofer. I normally would go with an Image Dynamics ID Max in a sealed box , but i tried a ported JL Audio instead. I was not disappointed, the JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3 is unbelievably powerful and clean. I like a lot of bass and I had to lower my gains by about 70% after tuning it. I could not recommend it more.

IMG_4453.JPG

The only change I plan on making is swapping out the front speakers for a 3 way component set.
Thanks for posting this, it is very much appreciated!!!!

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No they wouldn’t. The head unit does not send low frequency to the pods.
I would likely plug in from the front speakers, not just a swap.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a nice set up. Nice Bronco. Better plan on traveling light 😂. Enjoy

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great break down and post. Appreciate it!

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m very curious about the pods. I have been planning on something similar for a while.
Question: is the enclosure for these speakers large enough? I’m curious if an enclosure that’s small like this one will allow the speaker to operate. Is there enough power and bass?

The other debate is a larger pos like that in a marine pod JL Audio makes one that’s larger.

And lastly what about mounting them in such a way they can be pivoted to play aft for tailgating.

Sponsored

Frankiej

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4 door badlands and the B&O sub is a very cheap dual voice coil. I was gonna order a new sub and need to figure out if it's 2 ohm or 4 ohm. I have a loc but not sure where the best place to hook it up at

20220129_200839.jpg

20220129_200852.jpg

20220129_200900.jpg

20220129_201656.jpg

20220129_201909.jpg

Frankiej

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a liner power amp and 2 - 12 inch subs going in. I still want the factor sub so we going camping and need the extra space, I can take the subs out

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice setup. So the llj harness is compatible with the bronco harness? That would make life so much easier.

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you change out the stock radio?
I would love to have a CD player....