Sponsored

DFW Texas Bronco & Bronco Sport Buyers Beware!

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The past few weeks I've had the displeasure of working with a few local Ford dealers in the DFW area. In short I'm posting this to warn anyone in DFW to keep an eye on your reservation and don't let them take advantage of you.

I randomly logged in to validate my reservation and noticed the dealer had placed an order using my reservation without first even talking to me.

Issues I ran into with multiple dealers:
  • Very unresponsive
  • No price negotiation and pricing is above MSRP
  • Attempting to steal orders
    • The dealership who had my initial reservation placed an order without even talking to me
    • When I called them out on it they played dumb
    • When I told them I was going to switch if they didn't fix it and work with me on price they told me they cancelled my order
  • Another dealer told me that any buyer who would not pay above MSRP they didn't care they would place the order for them and sell above MSRP
If you're not already aware you have options and can still move your reservation to another dealer who's not in it to take advantage of you.
I spent about 20 minutes on hold this morning with Ford Bronco Customer Care, within five minutes they had resolved my issues and moved my reservation to another dealer. Additionally they cancelled the order with the bad acting dealer so they aren't able to benefit from treating customers this way.

Process to switch:
  1. Decide which dealer you want to switch to
  2. Call the Ford Bronco customer service - 800-334-4375
  3. Let the customer service rep know you're having issues with your current dealership and they are not willing to help you.
  4. They will ask you to create a new reservation on the Ford Bronco site
  5. You'll pay a second $100.00 reservation fee
  6. Once your second reservation is completed the rep will begin tying your old reservation time stamp to the new one so you keep you place in line.
    1. This could take a few days per the customer service rep and it's important not to place an order before the process is complete or you'll have to start over.
    2. Customer service rep will cancel your original reservation and order after timestamp is migrated.
  7. Call the new dealer and let them know not to convert the reservation into an order or you'll have to start over.
  8. Once converted, work with your dealer to convert to an order
  9. Sit back and impatiently wait...
  10. Wait some more...
  11. Give the finger to the original dealer who tried to take advantage of you every time you drive by ;) Hopefully from your new Bronco!
There are many reputable dealerships around the country who have posted great offers in the forums if you switch to them. If you PM me I'll provide info of the dealerships in DFW who I'm not working with and who I switched to.

Good luck!

Edit:
After many requests I'll do something I normally don't do and share publicly the dealers.

My reservation was originally through Grapevine Ford and I'll never step foot in that dealership again. They originally told me that Ford was not discounting the vehicle below MSRP so they had to mark it up above MSRP to make any money. I don't have patience for flat out liars.

The other dealer I tried working with was Bill Utter, to their credit they were honest and told me they wouldn't sell below MSRP and they plan to sell over MSRP. I have no other experience with this dealer so they might be good to work with in other cases, but not on the Bronco.

I moved my reservation to Matt Bowers in LA, they reached out to me within minutes of moving my reservation and have been good to work with so far. I still have some issues to resolve with my reservation but plan on converting to an order as soon as possible. I'll let everyone know if I run into any issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If they were that terrible then you should just call them out publicly and say the name of the dirty, low down scum sucking dealership that tried to cheat you. Word of mouth works!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't be afraid of naming the dealership. We encourage dealer shaming here if it is deserved. Having spoken to most of the Ford General Managers in DFW I can attest to their overall sliminess and incompetence.

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please name names

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are all aware of people wanting to buy Bronco's and not asking the right questions or doing their research of their dealers. This vehicle is IN DEMAND and if you arent looking you will be blind sided by sh*t dealers and their practices. Welcome to the party, better late then never. I hope you get your registration sorted out. Do some reading on this website so you know what Dealerships you can go to. Im not trying to be harsh, but this thing has been in process for some time, and Im not sure when you reserved, but that has a lot to do with getting a Bronco.

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are all aware of people wanting to buy Bronco's and not asking the right questions or doing their research of their dealers. This vehicle is IN DEMAND and if you arent looking you will be blind sided by sh*t dealers and their practices. Welcome to the party, better late then never. I hope you get your registration sorted out. Do some reading on this website so you know what Dealerships you can go to. Im not trying to be harsh, but this thing has been in process for some time, and Im not sure when you reserved, but that has a lot to do with getting a Bronco.
The OP did sort it out and was trying to help others that might not know exactly what they need to do if they get in the same situation.

Howdy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel that I should report my opposite experience. I was given a tremendous level of responsiveness, candidness & professionalism from several DFW area dealerships. I was so impressed that I made my dealership choice in the metroplex, which is a 4 hour drive.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The past few weeks I've had the displeasure of working with a few local Ford dealers in the DFW area. In short I'm posting this to warn anyone in DFW to keep an eye on your reservation and don't let them take advantage of you.

I randomly logged in to validate my reservation and noticed the dealer had placed an order using my reservation without first even talking to me.

Issues I ran into with multiple dealers:
  • Very unresponsive
  • No price negotiation and pricing is above MSRP
  • Attempting to steal orders
    • The dealership who had my initial reservation placed an order without even talking to me
    • When I called them out on it they played dumb
    • When I told them I was going to switch if they didn't fix it and work with me on price they told me they cancelled my order
  • Another dealer told me that any buyer who would not pay above MSRP they didn't care they would place the order for them and sell above MSRP
If you're not already aware you have options and can still move your reservation to another dealer who's not in it to take advantage of you.
I spent about 20 minutes on hold this morning with Ford Bronco Customer Care, within five minutes they had resolved my issues and moved my reservation to another dealer. Additionally they cancelled the order with the bad acting dealer so they aren't able to benefit from treating customers this way.

Process to switch:
  1. Decide which dealer you want to switch to
  2. Call the Ford Bronco customer service - 800-334-4375
  3. Let the customer service rep know you're having issues with your current dealership and they are not willing to help you.
  4. They will ask you to create a new reservation on the Ford Bronco site
  5. You'll pay a second $100.00 reservation fee
  6. Once your second reservation is completed the rep will begin tying your old reservation time stamp to the new one so you keep you place in line.
    1. This could take a few days per the customer service rep and it's important not to place an order before the process is complete or you'll have to start over.
    2. Customer service rep will cancel your original reservation and order after timestamp is migrated.
  7. Call the new dealer and let them know not to convert the reservation into an order or you'll have to start over.
  8. Once converted, work with your dealer to convert to an order
  9. Sit back and impatiently wait...
  10. Wait some more...
  11. Give the finger to the original dealer who tried to take advantage of you every time you drive by ;) Hopefully from your new Bronco!
There are many reputable dealerships around the country who have posted great offers in the forums if you switch to them. If you PM me I'll provide info of the dealerships in DFW who I'm not working with and who I switched to.

Good luck!
Welcome, we need to publicly name names to help everyone out and not reward slimy dealers. Please tell us who you found good and bad?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I feel that I should report my opposite experience. I was given a tremendous level of responsiveness, candidness & professionalism from several DFW area dealerships. I was so impressed that I made my dealership choice in the metroplex, which is a 4 hour drive.
We need to publicly name names to help everyone out and reward the good dealers. Please tell us who you found good?

HRnFW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ /
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have purchased a number of cars new over the years for myself and family and I would like to go on record as saying that this process at MB Ford was the least painful I have ever participated in. Called. Got a quote. Called Ford marketing switched dealer ( 3 minutes ) , did my order with Carlos on the phone. ( knowledgeable , pleasant , super efficient ) confirmed build sheet , deal sheet $1000 under invoice $200 doc fee . Did $500 deposit on card order confirmation email same day .

They return emails & calls , are pleasant and efficient. No DRAMA.

Worst part is having to fly to New Orleans , enjoy a great weekend with my wife and drive home in my new truck whenever it happens to get here. Not so bad. I would so much rather give my business and endorsement and support to guys like this. If I get my Truck earlier or later in a very opaque process from Ford it doesn’t really matter so much to me but dealing with folks that are not trying to leverage a limited initial supply of vehicles to squeeze you and provide poor service.
PRICELESS.

Sponsored

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome, we need to publicly name names to help everyone out and not reward slimy dealers. Please tell us who you found good and bad?
I'd also like to know which dealers were good vs. bad. I likely won't be ordering for a long time (MY23?) but there are so many dealers in the area to choose from.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would recommend any of the four Sam Pack Ford dealerships.
I'm in with Sam Pack five star ford in Lewisville , talk to Daryn Harkins , he has been great and quick to respond and helps me to do the changes I ask for ( 3 times ) I'm settled on my build now.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm in with Sam Pack five star ford in Lewisville , talk to Daryn Harkins , he has been great and quick to respond and helps me to do the changes I ask for ( 3 times ) I'm settled on my build now.
Where are they on pricing?

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where are they on pricing?
honestly I don't know / have not compared to others. I did put down 100 to start and that has been refunded , now I have 500 bucks down payment to date and that came off my deal sheet .
the only thing I don't know is what interest will be applied . I do know last time I checked 3 months ago that I have 806 credit score , hope its still the same.
Sponsored