Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Everyone, I had been in the market for a security enclosure to help protect some of my more valuable work items from prying eyes. I wanted to be able to roll around with my top off and not have to worry about constantly moving my work gear in and out of my vehicle. I looked at Fords offerings and was tempted by the Tuffy lockbox enclosure and the security drawer. Unfortunately both of those devices have seen a mix of reviews with problems from accessibility, shipping damage and overall storage space. Nothing seemed to check all the boxes for what I was looking for. That was the case until @Diabolical Inc became a Forum Sponsor and introduced me to their Slipstream Security Enclosure system.

I had never heard of the Slipstream Enclosure or Diabolical Inc for that matter. A quick google search will lead you to their website where they have an array of security devices for Jeeps. Everything they make has been reviewed favorably by the Jeep crowd. They also have a number of accessories that you can add to further enhance the capabilities of the security enclosure.

Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure: https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/coll...s/slipstream-bronco-security-enclosure-4-door

Quick Video Overview of the System:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What jumped out to me:

1. Completely enclosed storage space for the tailgate
2. Access from the backseat
3. Bi-fold cover for easy access
4. No exterior nuts for easy removal. If someone wants to get in they are going to need to beat the living hell out of this thing.
5. Foldable backseat wall incase I need to carry anything that extends past the length of the tailgate
6. Easily removable incase I need to carry something that is too tall to fit below the lid of the security enclosure
7. No drilling at all. The system uses all existing bolt hole locations!
8. Made in AMERICA. Some people might roll their eyes at this but I'll happily pay a little more knowing it was made here in America.
9. Service. Alan is the owner of Diabolical and he has been great to work with. He gives out his own cell number and offers to call/text/facetime in order to help out his customers. This past Friday I was installing my system and had a question... little did I know Alan was at Easter Jeep Safari with a booth full of customers. Despite this he stepped away for a water break and made it a point to call me right back. (Ford I hope you are reading this and taking notes!)
10. Future accessory capabilities. Below is a link to what they offer on their Jeep system which will be coming to the Bronco as well.

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/collections/jl-collection

What I Didn't Like:

1. Price. Due to this being engineered to fit an existing space a lot of research and trial and error went into this I am sure. It is also entirely made out of steel which as seen with Ford's tube doors... the price has skyrocketed in the last year. I was fortunate enough to buy my Slipstream when they had a 15% off promotion. My total after taxes was just over $900. At the time of this writing the full price is $1200. When I pre-ordered back in February the price was $1100.
2. Being the first to try a third party product with a steep price.

Installation

I have ordered a handful of accessories from Ford and other vendors and no one comes close to the packaging that Diabolical provides. Seriously... it's Apple esque in the way they are able to fit everything in so nice and tidy. When you open the box the first thing you will be greeted by is a letter from Diabolical Inc. (Picture below). In addition to the organization the other thing that stood out is that everything is labeled and hand wrapped. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING! Getting everything unwrapped was almost comical but I'm glad it kept everything safe. Finding a part was no issue as everything was properly labeled and marked. They also provide plenty of nuts and bolts on purpose so there should be no issues if you lose/drop something.

Packaging Photos

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650467174060

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650467161193

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650467221210

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650467228102

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650467321661

Installation Observations

1. Make sure you follow Alan's tips and installation order in their Youtube Video. I recommend completely watching it before you do the install and then following along when you perform the work. Some smaller things can be done ahead of time but given the tight proximity of the area and the number of bolts there is a method to the madness.

Installation Video:

2. The issue I mentioned above which resulted in me having to call Alan was in regards to the lower rear seat wall panel bolt openings. They were laser cut in but are just a hair too small on this first batch. When I spoke to Alan on the phone he knew about this already and was able to provide some pointers on how to get the bolts through with minimal effort. These bolts are right up against the plastic lip on the back of the second row so it is not an easy spot to reach. I needed something to hold the smooth bolt head still while I cranked down the nut and pulled it through the opening. I ended up using a ratchet wrench on the one side to help hold the bolt head down while I tightened from the other side. Despite the opening being laser etched a hair too small it pulled through.

3. Take your time and make sure you follow the instructions in the video to a T. I got a little ambitious towards the end and started tightening some stuff up a little too early. I paid the price as I had to go back and readjust later on in order to get certain pieces to line up.

Installation Photos

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470792022

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470805445

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470813529

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470836605

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470846633

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470866161

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470875093

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470891651

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470899754

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650470910903

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650471286292

Closing Remarks

It is still early but so far I am very satisfied with the system. I had a small rattle at first but I quickly found out this was due to me forgetting to tighten a nut down. The little rattle I now hear from time to time is from the pins but I'm sure I can eliminate that as well. It's so faint though that you can't hear it with the radio on. Special thanks to Alan with @Diabolical Inc for taking the time to answer my questions and deliver a stellar product. Also, thanks to @Rendo who also installed a Diabolical Slipstream system and helped answer some of my trouble shooting items.

1650467138859.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This solves a great problem with the Ford system - which doesn't fold down. That price tag, though.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This solves a great problem with the Ford system - which doesn't fold down. That price tag, though.
Agreed. Tough pill to swallow but I can tell you it's well designed and sturdy as hell. In one of his video's Alan actually gets up and stands on the thing šŸ˜‚ . It's easily removable to your point which is what I wanted. You pay for what you get. Made in America, good customer service and a good design. It's unfortunate that it's during a time in which pricing for steel has shot through the roof.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was wearing Crocs recommended in the instructions?

In all seriousness, great write-up!! Looks awesome!

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was wearing Croc's recommended in the instructions?

Ah yes... I was waiting for that comment! It certainly made climbing in and out of the tailgate easier on my feet! I work in construction and those are what I wear to and from the jobsite. It helps reduce the amount of dirt I bring back with me from the job. I will say... I do get some strange stares from people when I have to make a stop after work as I am sporting a polo shirt, work khakis and crocs šŸ˜‚ .

Fun Fact: Crocs were invented in Canada. :p

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah yes... I was waiting for that comment! It certainly made climbing in and out of the tailgate easier on my feet! I work in construction and those are what I wear to and from the jobsite. It helps reduce the amount of dirt I bring back with me from the job. I will say... I do get some strange stares from people when I have to make a stop after work as I am sporting a polo shirt, work khakis and crocs šŸ˜‚ .

Fun Fact: Crocs were invented in Canada. :p
Well, in that case... You're welcome! They do look comfy...

... We should invent steel-toed Crocs then! :unsure:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Very glad that you double-checked all of your nuts and found the problem!

It's a good looking enclosure, and yea, raw metal (or sheet/coil in this case) prices are through the roof, nicely done on the discount and also helping them out with the write-up!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was wearing Crocs recommended in the instructions?

Not only recommended, but STRONGLY encouraged. See, if you drop one of the tiny nylock nuts, you have a greater chance of it falling in through one of the holes of the shoe vs. bouncing and landing somewhere underneath a boulder 30 miles away, in high grass, like they normally do.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very glad that you double-checked all of your nuts and found the problem!

It's a good looking enclosure, and yea, raw metal (or sheet/coil in this case) prices are through the roof, nicely done on the discount and also helping them out with the write-up!
After everything that we have been through with this vehicle rollout I figured it was the least I could do to help a small American company with stellar customer service.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this system has a couple more features that the Ford enclosure doesn't have. However, I can live without them given the difference in cost. I installed my Ford enclosure last week and love it.

Sponsored

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Amazing write up. We are always here to help. I was with Alan taking care of the booth at EJS while he stepped away.

We pride ourselves on a few things and support is always #1

Anyone is always welcome to call/text and Alan is always willing to stop what he is doing to help.
Great pictures by the way, do you mind if we use them?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this is the best enclosed box out there but I agree with everyone else, its the price.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing write up. We are always here to help. I was with Alan taking care of the booth at EJS while he stepped away.

We pride ourselves on a few things and support is always #1

Anyone is always welcome to call/text and Alan is always willing to stop what he is doing to help.
Great pictures by the way, do you mind if we use them?
Absolutely you guys are free to use my photos!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is the best enclosed box out there but I agree with everyone else, its the price.
Agreed. Price is steep but like I said... it's a small company and it's steel. Bumpers, tube doors, lighting accessories can all be in this price range. The security enclosure is something I will use year-round. Those other items I won't be. Hell... I'm sure there are people on here who are buying $1000 off-road accessories for their rides that will see dirt maybe once or twice a year. (Some even less than that sadly.) It's all a matter of preference and this checked all the boxes for me. That being said... I made sure I got it while it was on sale :)

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Soft top owners will have a couple more ā€˜consā€™ on their list than hard top owners (except for those with the Bestop Trektop).

This is mainly because youā€™ll be reminded of ā€˜the little thingsā€™ every time you open/close the slipstream and/or soft top. The soft top latches and slipstream tailskin do not clear each other without having to negotiate the positioning when folding the the tailskin-side of the slipstream. This could be remedied if Diabolical made the tailskin about half an inch shorter (and make the hardtop brackets a little bigger to make up for it.) On one hand, i get that they are trying to keep their costs down by keeping as many pieces the same as possible (for both Jeep and Bronco), but when youā€™re paying over $1,000 for something that canā€™t open/close cleanlyā€¦that does irk me a bit.

For soft top owners with the IAG EZ Lift, you know closing the soft top is a little more difficult due to the struts and the slipstream will incrementally add to that. If you canā€™t reach the top corners of your soft top to forcibly close it, it may be more awkward/difficult to close when the window panels are on.

Other than those two issues that really only pertain to soft-top ownersā€¦the product itself is still better than whatā€™s currently on the market.
Sponsored