TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that looks like a really great setup. It's a little more $ than I'd like to pay, but what isn't these days? Meh... you can't take it with you!

However, here's my dilema:

I promised myself that I would not buy anything Bronco-specific until the truck is in my driveway, or at least on the train. I got my window sticker last Friday with a blend date of 04/27/2022, so my Bronco might be built by the end of next week.

Do I roll the dice and buy a Slipstream and hope that Ford builds and ships it on time, or do I wait for my Bronco to built and shipped, hoping material costs do not substantially increase?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that looks like a really great setup. It's a little more $ than I'd like to pay, but what isn't these days? Meh... you can't take it with you!

I promised myself that I would not buy anything Bronco-specific until the truck is in my driveway, or at least on the train. I got my window sticker last Friday with a blend date of 04/27/2022, so my Bronco might be built by the end of next week.

Do I roll the dice and buy a Slipstream and hope that Ford builds and ships it on time, or do I wait for my Bronco to built and shipped, hoping material costs do not substantially increase?

No one can predict the future but I will say this… the price has gone up $100 since I ordered in February. Also, they have a sale/discount currently that they likely won’t have again till 4th of July if I had to guess.

As far as Ford goes… keep in mind that delivery can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on location, means of transport and just sheer luck with logistics.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I bought mine when they were first announced and got a good deal on it. I thought my Bronco might beat the enclosure here. How naive! The enclosure has been in my garage for almost two weeks now, while my Bronco rots on Dirt Mountain.

I think if you’re set on it, might as well get it now, as commodities prices are likely to continue to climb and the price might go up even further. Only risk is that it’ll sit in your garage until August when your Bronco finally arrives.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not only recommended, but STRONGLY encouraged. See, if you drop one of the tiny nylock nuts, you have a greater chance of it falling in through one of the holes of the shoe vs. bouncing and landing somewhere underneath a boulder 30 miles away, in high grass, like they normally do.
Its okay it will be right at home with the 10mm socket.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

we have already taken the extra out of the tailskin. As we move forward, I’m sure there will be tweaks here and there and we will post them here as well.

stay tuned to out Facebook/Instagram for updates as well.
As tweaks are made, will first batch buyers be able to obtain the newer parts? Like if you came out with a shortened tailskin that clears the soft top release handles…would we be able to swap out the current tailskin for that one?

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As tweaks are made, will first batch buyers be able to obtain the newer parts? Like if you came out with a shortened tailskin that clears the soft top release handles…would we be able to swap out the current tailskin for that one?
Not following you, the product in our videos works as demonstrated on the soft top.

we are shortening the tailskin to avoid rubbing the tailgate 3/16 inch.

we shortened the wing skin by 1/16 to give additional clearance.

These won’t change much from the system you currently have.

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
None whatsoever from the bass. The only rattle I think I have is when I hit a major bump. I hear a slight metal on metal noise but it’s muffled by the sounds of everything else in my vehicle moving 😂.
I had a slight rattling noise as well & recognized that it’s the pins. So I taped the latching part of the pins & the noise disappeared completely. Now I removed the hard rubber strip & replaced it with rubber door weatherstripping, so that may have contributed by making the pins a little looser, but by wrapping the pins with some self fusing tape I was able to remedy the rattle. So if anyone else hears some rattling, this might help…
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 8E64861E-44A0-4B26-A7E0-FDB47512EE06
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 39D69F60-3D70-4AA9-BA08-AAF230ECBA9C
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 6B5D8A7C-AD31-4BBB-9412-E30D1C911FD1
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation EED87441-AFEB-4B50-A580-9715909D5390

mcashin1

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a slight rattling noise as well & recognized that it’s the pins. So I taped the latching part of the pins & the noise disappeared completely. Now I removed the hard rubber strip & replaced it with rubber door weatherstripping, so that may have contributed by making the pins a little looser, but by wrapping the pins with some self fusing tape I was able to remedy the rattle. So if anyone else hears some rattling, this might help…
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation EED87441-AFEB-4B50-A580-9715909D5390
I haven’t noticed much rattling, but this looks like a good and easy way to avoid one developing.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed the Diabolical Slipstream enclosure today. It seems to be really well thought out and fabricated. With all the differences in tolerances per vehicle, I did do a couple minor custom fabrications to help mine work out better.
I do think it would be a good idea for @Diabolical Inc to cut the corner edges so that the folding section could clear the speakers. (Thus, installing larger corner brackets that keep it secure).
I might end up cutting those corners off in order to clear the speakers.
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 12E58D79-7865-4866-8334-550AA6A9D04A
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 9FFD2195-92B0-4240-B101-1B6D6820302A
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 2D4B6A7D-26C1-445B-8E0B-0EB7E2EDF5E9

Sponsored

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed the Diabolical Slipstream enclosure today. It seems to be really well thought out and fabricated. With all the differences in tolerances per vehicle, I did do a couple minor custom fabrications to help mine work out better.
I do think it would be a good idea for @Diabolical Inc to cut the corner edges so that the folding section could clear the speakers. (Thus, installing larger corner brackets that keep it secure).
I might end up cutting those corners off in order to clear the speakers.
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 2D4B6A7D-26C1-445B-8E0B-0EB7E2EDF5E9
We thought of that but would ruin the whole basis of the system ….

Security.

if you cut those corners, nothing stops anyone from reaching in and pulling the pins…..trust us we tried.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Security.

if you cut those corners, nothing stops anyone from reaching in and pulling the pins…..trust us we tried.
I know you would have figured something if it “could” work. I’m trying to do the same thing.
I’m just wondering if the small corner security tabs could be made to be larger and shaped to cover the folded top corners that I am proposing to cut?
However, then we would have a larger security tab that would probably be able to easily be bent out of the way….and not too strong/secure.?

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Security.

However, the ease of the modularity makes it very easy to adjust and transition between options. I love it!

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know you would have figured something if it “could” work. I’m trying to do the same thing.
I’m just wondering if the small corner security tabs could be made to be larger and shaped to cover the folded top corners that I am proposing to cut?
However, then we would have a larger security tab that would probably be able to easily be bent out of the way….and not too strong/secure.?
And those corners aren’t used in the soft top install.

we have had many thoughts to address it, slide out wings on the tailskin, cutting the corners, shortening the top, lowering the entire system.

We have spent a lot of money on the R&D here. Alan has 30 years of aircraft knowledge.
It’s really about finding a way to make it work but it takes time and a lot of money.

Its hard to make any money on these things and still keep the R&D going. The last thing we want to do is make it more expensive.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the main culprit is where the clip meets the pin itself (through the needle eye) so you may need to just focus on that area.
Sponsored