First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think we need to setup a GoFundMe and get this lad a proper mechanics toolset...
Sponsored

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Will any modifications need to be made with the system to make sure it fits with the new C-Pillar brace from the Raptors? Will the first section be able to open, or will it hit the new brace?

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we need to setup a GoFundMe and get this lad a proper mechanics toolset...

Me? I self performed this in my tiny garage with only the tools specified in the install video. If you’re wondering about tools in my arsenal the list is pretty much endless as my company has its own mechanics shop that works on TBMs and construction equipment non-stop.

SeaSkrBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 mustang gt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed mine this past weekend and turned out great no rattling at all. Very happy with the quality of the product.
I do wonder will diabolical ever consider different color options for the marine deck pads?

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine this past weekend and turned out great no rattling at all. Very happy with the quality of the product.
I do wonder will diabolical ever consider different color options for the marine deck pads?
I’ve asked about this. I said if they make an active orange for Badlands owners and the blue for the Wildtrak/black Diamond crowd then I think a lot of people will be happy.

Sponsored

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not following you, the product in our videos works as demonstrated on the soft top.

we are shortening the tailskin to avoid rubbing the tailgate 3/16 inch.

we shortened the wing skin by 1/16 to give additional clearance.

These won’t change much from the system you currently have.
Here are a couple of visuals for the tailskin dilemma I’m trying to highlight, hoping there is a ‘tweak’ in the works.

Is there no way the tailskin can be taken in slightly or tapered off to allow the lid to pass cleanly without making contact w/ the soft top handles? The logic being that whatever length is taken from here is added to the hard top brackets?

Or maybe a minor cutout in the side of the tailskin to allow pass through?

I have the IAG EZ Lift installed, which automatically lifts the top a few inches higher than the prop rod and I pretty much have to press the top to it’s max so the tailskin clears the ST handles.

I’m not really critical of the price point, but it’s quite frustrating to pay $$$$ and be confronted with this annoyance every time I (or any other soft top owner) need to open the Slipstream lid. I imagine it’s more frustrating for those using the prop rod.

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation A05C11DC-D87E-4F8B-ABF8-A854EAAF1647
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation AE576205-E340-4765-A740-9786E3655933

Last edited:

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here are a couple of visuals for the tailskin dilemma I’m trying to highlight, hoping there is a ‘tweak’ in the works.

Is there no way the tailskin can be taken in slightly or tapered off to allow the lid to pass cleanly without making contact w/ the soft top handles? The logic being that whatever length is taken from here os added to the hard top brackets?

Or maybe a minor cutout in the side of the tailskin to allow pass through?

I have the IAG EZ Lift struts, which automatically lifts the top a few inches higher than the prop rod and I pretty much have to press the top to it’s max so the tailskin clears the ST handles.

I’m not really critical of the price point, but it’s quite frustrating to pay $$$$ and be confronted with this annoyance every time a soft top owner needs to open the Slipstream lid. I imagine it’s more frustrating for those using the prop rod.

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation AE576205-E340-4765-A740-9786E3655933

Frappy608

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Diabolical Inc , do we know if the Ford tailgate mollie panel accessory and the Slipstream play nicely together? Looks like it should be fine but thought i would check. I have a slipstream on order!
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation molle.JPG

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Diabolical Inc , do we know if the Ford tailgate mollie panel accessory and the Slipstream play nicely together? Looks like it should be fine but thought i would check. I have a slipstream on order!
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation molle.JPG
Yes it works just fine. I have this installed on my Bronco and have had no issues whatsoever. I actually had it slightly shown in one of my photos.

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1651172699367

Sponsored

Frappy608

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it works just fine. I have this installed on my Bronco and have had no issues whatsoever. I actually had it slightly shown in one of my photos.

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1651172699367
Thank you brad from cleveland! I'm in San Fran, but grew up in Shaker. good looking rig!

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
shouldn’t be an issue, the tailskin goes up at the groove on the tailgate.

SuicidalSmurf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Velocity Blue Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spent more hours than I care to admit installing mine today. When I put the tailskin in, I found the tailgate jams up nearest the hinge and won't close with the pins in the rear most holes. I already adjusted the tail skin vertically with no luck. The front fold down panel is also extremely hard to place the top passenger pin in, I have to put all my weight against it. It seems like the whole passenger side is jutting out 1/8 to 1/4 too far. Anyone run into anything similar? Already emailed Diabolical but thought I'd see if anyone had some tips while I wait.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spent more hours than I care to admit installing mine today. When I put the tailskin in, I found the tailgate jams up nearest the hinge and won't close with the pins in the rear most holes. I already adjusted the tail skin vertically with no luck. The front fold down panel is also extremely hard to place the top passenger pin in, I have to put all my weight against it. It seems like the whole passenger side is jutting out 1/8 to 1/4 too far. Anyone run into anything similar? Already emailed Diabolical but thought I'd see if anyone had some tips while I wait.
I had this same problem…..so I keep a very small c-clamp handy to assist. And hopefully overtime the foam pads will settle down a little.
Sponsored