Sponsored

Did Ford poll JP owners as part of market research? 21 year JP owner's wish list.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last night I started my lists of "must haves", "OK either way" and "do not wants". You see, I am a "serial researcher" when it comes to big purchases and obviously this qualifies. Basically making this post as an aid for myself as time gets closer to making a decision. Also figured other JPR's might have great input as well. Granted many of these things can be done aftermarket (which I have done) but it would be cool if Ford one-ups JP.

- It MUST look cool and UNIQUE both "closed up" as well as "topless/doorless". Yes I am extremely vain when it comes to my vehicle. I guess I am from that generation that still loved their rides. My significant other just does not understand this about me. Seems Ford has this covered. We shall see once all colors (tops/bottoms) are unveiled.
- Waterproof interior. Including but not limited to: seats (had to buy aftermarket), all instrument panel(s), floors (also many drain plugs like JP has). I would truly be happy with carpet as an OPTION which I could decide NOT to buy.
- The fewer "automatic" things the better. I would be happy with hand crank windows vs. electronic. Less things to go wrong in the wet environment I encounter.
- Mirrors not on doors (which it seems Ford has solved).
- Rear window defrost/wiper
- NO padding on the "roll cage" Cut mine off on current.
- MUCH better/brighter lights than on my JP
- A stereo system as awesome or more so than I have. These "old" ears need it cranked while all open to the elements.
- Easier roof and door removal. Sounds like Ford has hit this one out of the park. I do have a chain hoist so I can 1-person remove the hard top but easier is always better. The doors seem to be getting heavier as I get older though. LOL
- Stick shift or auto which I can also paddle shift. Sounds like this is covered already.
- Rubicon-esque package. What I mean is lockers, front and rear. Bigger tires and a bit of a lift, etc. I suspect this is also already covered by Ford. All-terrain bigger tire option. I no longer rock crawl but with the Iowa snow drifts and 6 acres of land, bigger is better. Will also switch to snow tires in the winter undoubtedly.
- HIGHLY SECURE with the roof and doors off. Would love a Tuffy-like glove box and console/other storage to be standard. Yes lots of aftermarket items available, I know.
- Awesome bumpers (Less is more here for me. Removed my rear bumper completely on current JP). Excellent tow points front and rear. Tow hitch a must.
-As discussed already, would love a roof rack that is somehow there when the doors/roof are off. I had a Garvin on my TJ and loved it.

That's about all I came up with so far. Granted my needs/usage may differ from yours but any and all ideas are helpful.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't JP the company cited in the Chubby Commercials to make them seem like they're actually good? :ROFLMAO: